What's new

Strategy Making Ermac safe against cross-ups.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
It's not ermac specific. Its the whole cast who can do it. I just need something good to record with so i can do it. I dont hide tech, just don't have the correct means to capture this and then i forget about it lol
my apologies then, i thought you were hiding the tech

BlackBryan

B*tch Distributor
Everyone and every character needs to incorporate the pig "dash the fuck away" anti cross up tactic.

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?
There is something wrong with this though. I keep trying to dash out of pressure and I'm real good at catching a cross over but for some reason my character will turn around and do a back dash. Back dashes get cought by JIP most of the time because back dashes are way shorter than forward dashes but for some reason I never hit the forward dash, my character always ends up doing a back dash. Can someone explain why?

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
No, because jk's and even jp's will beat it most of the time. You need to dash out first and then reverse the inputs for TKS, preferably. TKS lowers Ermac's hitbox to the point it dodges true high hits and, with the opposite dash combined, makes him safe against cross-overs. Also TKS is faster than TKP and TKP does not lower Ermac's hit box. I believe this can only be countered by KL's dive-kick but i need to further test this. At best, against KL you can simply opposite dash and just get away from him or block to bait any incoming dive-kicks.
wait..... TKS is a high crush?

LaR

Noob
Metzos. Where have you been bud? People have been doing this for months and punishing the whiff JIP with a full combo.

Sonya dive kick would still whiff on the cross up too.
you sure you can wiff punish for a full combo?. I thought you could only get a blockstring.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
yay life. This is more than interesting.... i didn't even know real high crushes existed in this game.
Try this for example. Pick Ermac and fight against JC. Then, when you are at mid screen tell the JC player to shoot a regular projectile (NOT the high one) and at the same time dash cancel to lift. Projectile will whiff and you will be able to lift JC (if you are at range ofc). Same thing happens with many normals as well. Ofc once you are pressured its risky as hell to do it, so preferably use it if you have breaker and you feel like doing dangerous stuff.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Try this for example. Pick Ermac and fight against JC. Then, when you are at mid screen tell the JC player to shoot a regular projectile (NOT the high one) and at the same time dash cancel to lift. Projectile will whiff and you will be able to lift JC (if you are at range ofc). Same thing happens with many normals as well. Ofc once you are pressured its risky as hell to do it, so preferably use it if you have breaker and you feel like doing dangerous stuff.
I was thinking more of..... crushing true high strings...... like sonya's 2,1 or cages 11... stuff that whiffs.
or even better..... cutter.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
It's not ermac specific. Its the whole cast who can do it. I just need something good to record with so i can do it. I dont hide tech, just don't have the correct means to capture this and then i forget about it lol
Cool, cant wait to see what you ve found zaf.

zaf

professor
There is something wrong with this though. I keep trying to dash out of pressure and I'm real good at catching a cross over but for some reason my character will turn around and do a back dash. Back dashes get cought by JIP most of the time because back dashes are way shorter than forward dashes but for some reason I never hit the forward dash, my character always ends up doing a back dash. Can someone explain why?
yea man you do not have a long time to do this. The time/frame window is kind of short ( depending on where you are standing)

IF you watch very carefully, ( when being crossed up ) you will notice there is kind of a half way point when some one crosses you up. Once they pass this invisible vertical line, your character will change the direction they are looking, to that of where the opponent will land. IF you are dashing when they leave the ground, and keep dashing before they reach this half way point, then you will do the proper dash and not the one you are getting.

- If you are right beside the person (like you're walking and its pushing the other character), then you have a shorter time/frame window to dash under them.

- If you are a little spaced so that when the opponent finishes their jump it barely becomes a cross up, you have a lot more time/frames to dash under them.

The latter one that i am talking about, is much easier to land. this is because that half way point i am talking about, is above your head and if the opponent is further from you, you half more time to complete actions before your character changes the direction they look towards.

Edit: Qwark28@Metzos

if you read what i just posted, its not far off from that super dash Jer and I were doing.

stamatis

Όσα δε φτάνει η αλεπού. ........
you do not have to worry about cross-ups because they cannot reach you to do this!!!!

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
yea man you do not have a long time to do this. The time/frame window is kind of short ( depending on where you are standing)

IF you watch very carefully, ( when being crossed up ) you will notice there is kind of a half way point when some one crosses you up. Once they pass this invisible vertical line, your character will change the direction they are looking, to that of where the opponent will land. IF you are dashing when they leave the ground, and keep dashing before they reach this half way point, then you will do the proper dash and not the one you are getting.

- If you are right beside the person (like you're walking and its pushing the other character), then you have a shorter time/frame window to dash under them.

- If you are a little spaced so that when the opponent finishes their jump it barely becomes a cross up, you have a lot more time/frames to dash under them.

The latter one that i am talking about, is much easier to land. this is because that half way point i am talking about, is above your head and if the opponent is further from you, you half more time to complete actions before your character changes the direction they look towards.

if you read what i just posted, its not far off from that super dash Jer and I were doing.
So, what you mean is that it depends on the time you do the dash and perhaps from the hit box of the character, if i understood correctly ? I was usually using this, as you said, when the opponent was just over Ermac's head. It requires strict timing CURBOLICOUS.

zaf

professor
So, what you mean is that it depends on the time you do the dash and perhaps from the hit box of the character, if i understood correctly ? I was usually using this, as you said, when the opponent was just over Ermac's head. It requires strict timing CURBOLICOUS.
yes that, and the position of the opponent. For the super dash at least.
For regular dashing, its just as simple as dashing under them.

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?

Thanks dude. Explains alot.

Reactions: zaf