What's new

Making Christopher Lambert gear for Raiden

DDutchguy

Raiden enthusiast
NOTE: This post was made under the assumption that the Raiden silhouette is not a gigantic fucking bait and switch by Ed Boon to screw with Raiden players.

Raiden is, fficially DLC (HYPE), so we have to talk gear. Specifically headgear.

HAIR FROM 1995 RAIDEN

It's a no-brainer to make Christopher Lambert's hair a gear piece for his potential appearance as Injustice 2 DLC.
But okay you know what if hatless Raiden is a problem? People may get blinded by the glory that is movie Raiden's hair.

HAIR + HAT FROM 1995 RAIDEN

It's perfect! A lot of characters in this game already have hair so NRS are no strangers to hair physics. Giving Raiden hair would be a really cool addition to his available gear as it'd be something really different from perhaps changing the shape of his hat.

1995 RAIDEN BEING COOL

I think I've made my point.

Edit: @tylerlansdown @16 Bit Serious talk: Are gear suggestions like this alright?

Last edited:
I've been wanting C. Lambert gear/outfit since MK9. It is so good. It's simple, godly, and pure. Please NRS let us take the scuba head gear off and let the hair flow

Why would anyone like The Thunder God to look like a hobo?
*RAISES HAND AS HIGH AS IT WILL GO*

When I first saw Mortal Kombat in theaters as a kid I *LOVED* the notion that the highest ranking deity and representative of our realm would dress and masquerade as a street beggar. It not only shows his love and respect of all humanity but *also* contrasts him brilliantly against the more sleekly and ornately dressed "elitists" of outworld the heroes are fighting against.

I've personally never liked Raiden's flashier outfits and have always wished that midway/NRS had latched onto that aspect of the characterization like they did with a lot of other concepts.

Raiden is a noble and humble deity and should dress as one.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Lambert costume coming for mk11, for sure, good idea. For Injustice 2, idc. I'd rather if it didn't, because reduces the chances of that skin being in mk11, where the true Raiden will be back.

Last edited:

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
*RAISES HAND AS HIGH AS IT WILL GO*

When I first saw Mortal Kombat in theaters as a kid I *LOVED* the notion that the highest ranking deity and representative of our realm would dress and masquerade as a street beggar. It not only shows his love and respect of all humanity but *also* contrasts him brilliantly against the more sleekly and ornately dressed "elitists" of outworld the heroes are fighting against.

I've personally never liked Raiden's flashier outfits and have always wished that midway/NRS had latched onto that aspect of the characterization like they did with a lot of other concepts.

Raiden is a noble and humble deity and should dress as one.
Dude I think you are reading way too much into this. It was the 90's and they probably didnt have a budget high enough to make him look flashy.

Dude I think you are reading way too much into this. It was the 90's and they probably didnt have a budget high enough to make him look flashy.
1. Even if that wasn't the original creator's intentions all I was ever stating was my interpretation which has nothing to do with that. Even if budgetary restraints were the primary reason it doesn't negate that.

2. You are wrong and that's a silly argument. What, they had to do Raiden's costume on the cheap so that they could have the cgi budget for Scorpion's spear to come out of his hand rather than from his gauntlet?!? GTFO.
The movie even has a point of character development for Liu Kang where he initially doesn't take Raiden seriously because "he's just a beggar". Clearly it was an intentional design choice.

DDutchguy

Raiden enthusiast
Lambert costume coming for mk11, for sure, good idea. For Injustice 2, idc. I'd rather if it didn't, because reduces the chances of that skin being in mk11, where the true Raiden will be back.
>Implying Raiden crossing into another realm to mop ass is not true Raiden