What's new

Make Wonder Woman Great Again! Just like her new movie!

What would you like to see most

• Choose which buff you get in trait

Votes: 73 60.3%
  • New usefull advancing string

Votes: 44 36.4%
  • Air Dash

Votes: 35 28.9%
  • Easier b3 connection on her combos

Votes: 35 28.9%
  • Make parry send projectiles back, like Katanas twirl

Votes: 40 33.1%

• Total voters
Well after what happened to aqumans mb db2 any change can be substantial. As long as the fans request changes they will happen. I'd love to see WW get a buff

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Being able to parry projectiles would be perfect.

Being able to choose Trait wouldn't monumentally change anything, I don't think. Her formula would still be the same: punch whip punch, Trait up, throw Shields until approached, B2/D2, repeat. If anything, it'd just lead to constant use of Shield buff, which would make enduring her already lame duck defensive fortress design even lamer.
If you could parry against zoners, it would seriously liven up her overall viability/make playing her more exciting than double overtime at the Krusty Krab.

Stanlos

Noob
Wow. So 4 months in my opinion has completely changed. Mostly due to learning more about fighting game terms and mechanics and largely getting rid of the baggage I carried from InGAU and a good portion of the lore (more on that in a bit).

Now that I know what a buff is I know that before I wasn't asking for buffs. I was asking them to transform her into her InGAU self.

So today here are buffs I would like them to consider:

Making f3 link after shield toss mb less strict thus enabling greater utility from Athenas Blessing.

Being able to side-switch with Lasso of Truth

Remove the gap in two of the three strings

Fix her lasso attacks so they stop going through characters

Meter burn shield toss should be safe

Parry should be 2 frames faster and 1 frame more active

That is about it for buffs to the main kit which from what I understand should align with their zoners-are-awesome-we-heart-them-so-much trip they are on. I think full screen shield toss would make her ridiculous since it is a mid and does a lot if damage and can be chained.

I really believe that lore DEMANDS a meter burn version of parry that returns enemy fire with a stagger and that enables instant recovery or side switch for melee. But I get how that breaks the game they want to have where zoning us the MOSTEST.

Last edited:

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
Being able to parry projectiles would be perfect.

Being able to choose Trait wouldn't monumentally change anything, I don't think. Her formula would still be the same: punch whip punch, Trait up, throw Shields until approached, B2/D2, repeat. If anything, it'd just lead to constant use of Shield buff, which would make enduring her already lame duck defensive fortress design even lamer.
If you could parry against zoners, it would seriously liven up her overall viability/make playing her more exciting than double overtime at the Krusty Krab.
If choosing trait was a thing I actually think most people will go for damage reduction above everything else.

SaucyD0ge

Worst european batman
If choosing trait was a thing I actually think most people will go for damage reduction above everything else.
Damage reduction, air dash or shield

Lasso is meh, parry is nearly worthless unless your opponent has the intellect of a stillborn.
Who else thinks that barring lasso and parry completely from trait would fix WW(aside from her being a total Super-Whore in the story)?

Stanlos

Noob
Damage reduction, air dash or shield

Lasso is meh, parry is nearly worthless unless your opponent has the intellect of a stillborn.
Who else thinks that barring lasso and parry completely from trait would fix WW(aside from her being a total Super-Whore in the story)?
Why do you think Parry is worthless? I find it absolutely essential.

honeybooboo

I speak truth, no lie
So umm real quick... Like i think , WW is the the tier 0 of that midrange. Literally... Like no one can compete. I want to put her on the same pedestal darksied is, where like, she's kind of awkward. She has her niche and honestly only needs a player to take advantage of that. Ala Dragon. Nerf DS

SaucyD0ge

Worst european batman
I think he means the parry buff in trait is worthless, Not the move as a whole
Parry in itself is a strong tool.But when you make it shiningly obvious to your opponent that you are parry fishing with trait, is simply worthless.This is the most indirect of buffs, requiring you to exploit your dumb/optionless opponent for a parry in order to get...an increased better damage buff.
Situation 1:
The zone extravaganza continues and you’d rather have the shield buff or air dash in order to get in.
Situation 2:
You get more damage in your combos thanks to the trait buff.At which point I’d rather have anything else(especially an air-dash) rather than a conditional damage buff.

Lasso buff sucks because:
Shield simply outdoes the lasso.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
...so I guess they are making Wonder Woman better each patch by nerfing the top and bring them down.

Still, would love to see us pick the trait we WANT, would be much more fun.

What are you all doing in neutral with WoWo now, tossing out shields and b23s?

fong03

Noob
...so I guess they are making Wonder Woman better each patch by nerfing the top and bring them down.
I feel like the patches tend to leave her in the same place. Top tier characters got nerfed, but characters she lost to or went even with also got buffed. Supergirl is less annoying and I read she beats Catwoman now(?), but GL, Starfire, and Poison Ivy all got buffed and Firestorm got buffed a while ago. She still has 5-6(?) losing match-ups, a couple of whom are probably top 5 characters, but she beats other characters characters like Flash and Robin. That sounds like it is about the same as it has always been, no?

Last edited:

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
Honestly, i dont know anymore. I find her new Injustice 2 playstyle to be immensely boring compared to the rushdown style of Injustice 1 so I dont even play her.

STILL upset she was the ONE character they ENTIRELY changed.

I think wowo gets some pretty hefty trade offs for not having any set ups, a weak cross up game, weak pressure, and long ranged knock downs that puts her at a high mid to high tier when compared against each mu.

I actually think this was all intentional by nrs which I applaud them for because I think it works and makes her a strong defensive character she was designed to be, actually almost TOO STRONG in certain mu's.

The tradeoff for all of the above is that she doesn't have to "hold" anything.

She doesn't have pressure because her 6f poke and reversals shut down being abused by plus frames/ shimmy pressure.

She doesn't have much oki opportunity because she doesn't have to hold oki as having the best wake ups in the game and avoiding many situations where she can be crossed up/ mixed.

Her corner game is top 5 in my opinion. You have an opportunity to meterlessly stuff 2/3 of the cast's wake ups and put in a position to lock down jumping, tech rolling, teleporting, mb armor, counter poking, you can take entire life bars with her corner advantage.

She easily and effectively armor breaks, wiff punishes, plays mind games with her neutral and forces the opponent to correctly read their own follow ups because a wrong offensive or zoning decision will result in heavy damage or a vulnerable defensive position.

Her worst mus involve getting counter zoned and out footsied like Starfire, GL, Ivy, Blue Beetle, and Fate, but definitely not to the point to where it's Braindead, and at worst her mu being a 4-6 situation.

Overall, yeah she's not much of an "overwhelm them with mix/ buttons/ oki/ pew pew pew" top tier character, she's a "shut down "x" situation and make them second guess their offense and zoning decisions" which in my experience makes every match exciting, fresh, engaging and satisfying.

Nrs did a great job with her character imo they get my kudos.