What's new

Will the emperor make tym great again?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

xKhaoTik

Kitana Kahn
Look, I know TYM likes a good blow-up, but it's already his first offline tournament, and he has anxiety issues. There's a point where it stops being funny, and I kinda feel like it's well before anxiety attack.
Lol this being his first tournament isn't an excuse.

I got 3rd at my very first MAJOR. THIRD.

My situation was almost similar to his. I wasn't hated or anything but I was hyped up and had to prove myself

He'll be fine.

Tweedy

Noob
There is no and never was an excuse.

Stop making or implying them for me.

I'm not talking trash because that makes me look bad to people who could give me more opportunities to do stuff like this. Echo even said in the thread earlier that he doesn't know how long he'll rock with me if I keep trash talking, and he's paying for my hotel.

If you guys want me to talk mad trash, send me enough money now to cover literally 100%(not just travel) of KIT, NEC, Naptown Clutch, Frosty Faustings, and Final Round.

If not then shut up and enjoy the show.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"

I'm not talking trash because that makes me look bad to people who could give me more opportunities to do stuff like this. Echo even said in the thread earlier that he doesn't know how long he'll rock with me if I keep trash talking, and he's paying for my hotel.

If you guys want to me talk mad trash, send me enough money now to cover literally 100%(not just travel) of KIT, NEC, Naptown Clutch, Frosty Faustings, and Final Round.

No one is looking for you to continue to talk trash, and if you're truly done talking shit then maybe you'll earn some respect.

It's just no one (me especially) is gonna forget all the shit talk you've done in the past. I know your masters got you on a short leash and you probably can't say what you want to, and that's good. Maybe it'll humble you up.

Until then, I hope your bus gets a flat tire, you're late to your pool and you get bodied by REO and Buffalo. In which case you'll attempt to save face but it ain't gonna work. The blow up is already in progress and the only way to stop it is to make that top 8/3 you promised everyone when you were on your high horse.

xKhaoTik

Kitana Kahn
No one is looking for you to continue to talk trash, and if you're truly done talking shit then maybe you'll earn some respect.

It's just no one (me especially) is gonna forget all the shit talk you've done in the past. I know your masters got you on a short leash and you probably can't say what you want to, and that's good. Maybe it'll humble you up.

Until then, I hope your bus gets a flat tire, you're late to your pool and you get bodied by REO and Buffalo. In which case you'll attempt to save face but it ain't gonna work. The blow up is already in progress and the only way to stop it is to make that top 8/3 you promised everyone when you were on your high horse.
He's in a pool already?

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast

If you guys want me to talk mad trash, send me enough money now to cover literally 100%(not just travel) of KIT, NEC, Naptown Clutch, Frosty Faustings, and Final Round.

+1 for making an adult decision. Good luck this weekend

xKhaoTik

Kitana Kahn
A safe space for the safe space. Society is going to implode.

@xKhaoTik Third at your first major is dope. What tournament and game?
Thanks man. MK9. ECT. I forget the year but it was right after kevo won UFGT.

Only top 4 is on YouTube tho. Idk why Kombat network didn't upload the tournament. They literally recorded almost every match.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Thanks man. MK9. ECT. I forget the year but it was right after kevo won UFGT.

Only top 4 is on YouTube tho. Idk why Kombat network didn't upload the tournament. They literally recorded almost every match.

Full disclosure: almost all of the top MK9 players were away at MLG Anaheim that weekend -- but it was a good showcase for some other guys that you wouldn't normally see on the podium at that point (including Yung Sonic)

It should technically count as a Regional.

Last edited:

xKhaoTik

Kitana Kahn

Full disclosure: almost all of the top MK9 players were away at MLG Anaheim that weekend -- but it was a good showcase for some other guys that you wouldn't normally see on the podium at that point (including Yung Sonic)

It should technically count as a Regional.
True but because it didn't have the some of the top players means it was a regional? That's poor thinking. So I guess summer jam (that was the last tourney so far right?) Was a regional too?

And ECT still had players like Chris G who was known for his reptile and had plenty of top 8s, Kevo who was dominating at the time and was fresh of his win at UFGT where he bodied EVERYONE, and winter warz who was top cyrax player.

So a major (UFGT) that had most of the top players there, Kevo won that free. A month later, Kevo doesn't win the following "regional" (ECT). See what I'm saying?

Last edited:

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
Haha yea I feel ya bro. Whenever I disappear for a few days it's 9/10 due to work. Making deadlines, doing 38 hours in a 3 day span, shit like that. Now I've got some time for a few days and then I saw the updates and was like "wtf" lol. No sweat.

All in all the mission is accomplished and you'll help add some hype to the major for all involved. Glad to see I'm not the only one with some generosity that got involved, and I think the gestures highlight the good that our community has to offer.
Just wanted to say i respect what you and others are doing. Pretty big to pay for someone you dont know. Good stuff man

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
Although the online is much better than it ever was and ESL is an amazing opportunity for players you still need to consider the inconsistencies with the netcode from time to time. it will never be a perfect comparison to offline. You can get stuck with a player with netcode from the 70's and lose to them even if they are horrible. And even contesting something like that you will most of the time still get the loss. You will get people who are underage entering ruining your chance at winning and you may not even know it. You could have another player play for somebody so they can advance farther in the bracket and not know it. The atmosphere is also 100% different. Online you can be in a comfortable environment for the most part. But offline you have the crowd roaring at you in the background, possible people coaching the other player next to you. People talking shit while you are playing. It can get somewhat frustrating in some situations. As you may have saw with madzin who after winning the match at NEC yelled at the people who where talking shit during his match. People hold online events cause they know that people cannot always travel to offline events. Its nice ot have online events to an extent and you can even find some good players online but traveling to events is a whole different experience. The reason why so many players who do offline did so well online is cause a lot of them where online monsters as well. Also with online you can cheat a lot easier. Which has happened. Its unfortunate .
THIS. I never really realized the difference until i went offline. But, its a totally different experience (at least for me it is)

Tweedy

Noob
I kinda figured that Khaotik's top 3 MK9 major was a regional, as you typically don't hear his name when MK9 greats are talked about.

TCW is gonna be serious business to get top 3. If you exclude Foxy, then the top 4 players period will be there in Sonic, Scar, Dragon and Hayatei(I guess that's just my opinion but I think he's top 5).

xKhaoTik

Kitana Kahn
I kinda figured that Khaotik's top 3 MK9 major was a regional, as you typically don't hear his name when MK9 greats are talked about.

TCW is gonna be serious business to get top 3. If you exclude Foxy, then the top 4 players period will be there in Sonic, Scar, Dragon and Hayatei(I guess that's just my opinion but I think he's top 5).
But it sure wasn't my ONLY top 3 at a major tho :)

Get yours this weekend !

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
True but because it didn't have the some of the top players means it was a regional? That's poor thinking. So I guess summer jam (that was the last tourney so far right?) Was a regional too?
Yeah, I'd typically classify Summer Jam as a regional for our games. It can be borderline though, depending on who travels to be there (usually in the first year of a new game); but ECT this year for example was definitely regional.