What's new

Match-Up Discussion - Cyber Sub-Zero Make Em Block Til They Stop, Official Cyber Sub-Zero Matchup Discussion Thread

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
If you're on PSN, I'll flesh out the Tanya MU with you, if you'll play Tanya.
I'm on both but experimenting with finding a new main atm. I use Kobu with her. Used to use pyro as well before she first got nerfed. Just had some minor struggle against her last night (probably just because my muscle memory with a new character is still iffy)

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
Vs. Smoke -

Mid-screen combos ending in slide, Smoke has to hold CSZ's pressure. Slide > ji2 will stuff any wake-up besides MB phase, but CSZ recovers in time to punish with 111 xx ice ball.

Corner, f2 ~ bomb, b2 will catch MB phase and force a HTB situation. Alternatively, jump back 2/ jump back dive kick works, but is again, reaction based.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
What do you guys think are CSZ's worst matchups? I'm recently coming back to him and have a lot to learn. Last time I mained him was when he was broke af so I'm a little behind the curve lmao.

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
What do you guys think are CSZ's worst matchups? I'm recently coming back to him and have a lot to learn. Last time I mained him was when he was broke af so I'm a little behind the curve lmao.
Was he ever truly "broke" or could people just not block B3D4 low bomb?

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Was he ever truly "broke" or could people just not block B3D4 low bomb?
He did a lot more than that though and I honestly think he was busted for a lot more reasons than just setups.
1. The old iceball was fast as hell, still had great recovery, etc. he would out zone any non zoner and simultaneously couldn't be zoned himself.
2. Of course the setplay was extremely powerful and both 1112 and F2 granted stronger knockdowns.
3. Safe divekicks
4. REO's 5 way corner vortex was still a thing which was a lot worse than the shitty b3d4 htb.

While it's true that a lot of players didn't fully explore their options against Cyber Sub, but I also think this character was (and is) very deep in terms of what was (and is) waiting to be discovered.