What's new

MAJOR Announcement by 995Phil - Koming in October

Noob
I promised you all something life altering, and it definitely is. This has been a long time in the making.

8 months so far, it's a boy, and his name is Maxton Kain (MK for short!)

1st Trimester Sonogram

2nd Trimester Sonogram

3rd Trimester Sonogram

3rd Trimester 3D sonogram

I know many of you were hoping for a huge VSM announcement, or possibly me announcing a major tournament...and I apologize for the minor deception. I could think of no better way to tell all of you, my NRS family, that my wife is 8 months pregnant and that I'm going to be a Dad!!!

Our baby is due on October 31st!

I want to say this:

It has been, and continues to be, an honor and a pleasure to be part of this community. To work with and for it, to help as much as I can and to stream for it as I have done for the last 3 years.

Obviously my priorities are changing. My focus is shifting to my upcoming family and how I can best help provide for them.

That doesn't mean that I'm leaving the NRS community at all though. I visit this site multiple times daily, so its impossible for me to stay away!

I will, however, be around less at events, including BPK. I will kontinue to be at and stream the Monster Island Tournaments by @RapZiLLa54 each month. The weeklies, however, I can never be sure of at this point.

Again, Thank you all for understanding that I wanted to tell you this way. The NRS community, with all it's ups, downs and trolls, are another family to me...and you deserved to told this news in the most epic way I could come up with.

Last edited:

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!

Well played Phil. Both on the fact that you tricked me into believing this was going to be some long drawn out cryptic Boon-esque trolling and on becoming a father. I never knew my dad and I can tell you first hand it ain't easy going through life without one, so it's inspiring to see the pride you take in this. I wish your family well.

That announcement smokescreen was still criminal though. I hope his/her first words are "Liu Kang" for that. J/K :p

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
*Complains because it's not VSM*

Jk -- super, gigantic congrats Phil!!! I remember when you told me you guys were working on it, and this is indeed huge and life-altering. Best wishes to both of you (or all three of you now) :)

Without a doubt you'll make an awesome dad.

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
The title made me think that you were announcing the formation of a new major!... but this is just as awesome. Congratulations!!!