What's new

Mad Dash! - My very first video game i ever made!

Hey everyone,

I just got done creating my first video game as a final project for school. I got an A on it, and everyone seems to really like it. Ive been getting people telling me to market it to IPhones and whatnot. Regardless of all that, i'd like to share it with you, as it was a defining moment in my life yesterday creating my first video game. I worked over a month on this. Gave up many times, but my same passion for MK allowed me to keep pursuing it. And i got as far as i could on it (There are a few bugs, but not even my Professor could figure out how to fix them)

Mad Dash
https://www.yousendit.com/download/RlRyZXQ2U1B3NUx2Wmc9PQ

At the title screen, press Enter to start the game.

Use the arrow keys to move.

Collect as many fruits as you can before time runs out. Cherries are worth 30, Bananas are worth 20, and Strawberries are worth 15.

Enjoy! By the way, you will need to download Game Maker in order to play it:

Game Maker
http://www.yoyogames.com/gamemaker/

Have fun!

Damnit, i made one more error to the code... Fixing it now.

This 3rd post can be deleted in the morning.

RoGE

Noob
heh, not bad so far, I notice your using metroid prime music and the pokemon houses, heh. Its simple but fun to play, keep it up. the only problem I see is the fact that you slide under the instructions but I am sure theres a way to fix that.

Nice man! Im glad you picked up on the Chozo Ruins Theme! :) The song came instantly to my head when i was done making the game.

I tried adding collisions from the car to the instructions, but it didnt work. Not even my professor could figure out how to fix it.

The other problem is the fruits start to overlap the instructions after their first collision with the car. But if you dont touch the fruit, then they go under the instructions. Again, no fix for that from even my professor. He was so impressed by the game that he said it didnt matter. Works for me lol.

I really appreciate the support, Roge. Im going to take this game into the next semester and build on it some more. Probably add some levels and whatnot. Next song i wanna use is from the Perfect Dark Zero soundtrack :) I was tempted to even use it over Prime.

Thanks again, man! Hope you enjoy it some more.

Its simple but fun to play,.
You read me like a book! That was my approach to this game over a month ago.

Krayzie

Safeties disabled. Krayzie mode engaged!
haha good shit, Jay.

Yeah, the only real problem I noticed was the car going under the instructions. It would be even more challenging if you had to keep the car up, or fear collision.

I like that idea. I just wanted to add polish to the game, so i added the instructions. The instructions alone can be condensed and worked on. Your idea to fear collision is fucking brilliant. Ive said this to you before, but once you make your first game, it is going to be unbelievably good.

Great shit, and thanks for the support, Glen. Means more than you could imagine.