What's new

Question Mace Toss cancels

Miss Kanzuki

*KANZUKI GOON SQUAD*
Any ideas for implementing these into playstyle? I was in the lab and trying gather ideas for applying pressure with mace toss cancels using this chick..I think the character has great potential

Canceling the mace toss into D1 I think it was seems to help me get in on characters like Superman and Sinestro, but it be other reasons...so much to discover with this game lol

GGA Max

When I get a bf2 knockdown I hold it to see if they jump. If they do then easily time it to hit em... If not then I SHOULD cancel out. Because you can punish a wiffed mace throw from like full screen yo :/

You can hold 1 after the Mace Toss command and you can delay the projectile. It can be directed upwards and even dash canceled.
So is it possible to use this offensively at all? or is it just an "oh shit, I'm getting jumped in on brb backdashing" kind of thing?

Droogy

Lets Fight Like Gentlemen
to me I'm using mace tosses mainly as zoning tools in the air, the ground mace toss to me is just too slow, that said I have found situational stuff against Grundy (at least)

keep the toss turning when grundy starts coming in expecting you to throw it hes gonna super throught the projectile

backdash, WE3, and boom you did damage and are on the other side of Grundy ready to fly away or do a combo while hes in recovery from his grab animation

Reactions: Tan
Only time to actually throw a ground mace toss is when you MB it... +14 on block is nice. I usually try to go for a sweep if they didn't get pushed too far back but you can do any thing at that point, especially in the corner