What's new

Lui Kang Tournament Variation Corner Combos

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
Some day 1 Lui Kang Tournament Variation corner combo ideas.

Not a full list, you can change your enders to suit what oki you want. Didn’t wanna upload 4 versions of every combo just with slightly different enders and damage.

Probably not optimal but day 1.

It seems you need to use ex low fireball to get any good damage.

Enjoy.

If you want me to write out the combos lemme know

Not a full list, you can change your enders to suit what oki you want. Didn’t wanna upload 4 versions of every combo just with slightly different enders and damage.

Enjoy.

Good stuff man! Gonna try these out after work. Does he have any decent mid screen BnB's?

colby4898

Good stuff man! Gonna try these out after work. Does he have any decent mid screen BnB's?
Not really. None of his specials launch. He has a launching unsafe a high and a launching mid string but that’s it. Idk about max damage but atm I’m doing

F3333 12 12 123 bf3 or F3333 12 123 bf4 If I wanna leave them standing or amplify it to set up his crushing blow.

Three amplified bicycle kicks in a game makes the next one crushing blow.

colby4898

These don’t seem to work in Cetrion as just found in a ranked game... idk anoutnother characters

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
Hate? I haven’t said anything negative towards him. He’s the one who said that Liu was broken in MKX. I’m no match for him
Bit to be fair there where several broken characters in X. Ninja Killa was definitely very good with multiple characters. If I remember correctly Sonic even said: Cassie, Tekeda, Predator, Jason, Liu Kang, Tanya and others was broken or had broken tools.

I'd like to see NK pick up Liu Kang in 11. I'm sure he will find something. The 12 is plus 3 on block but is highs. I'm sure there is other ways to initiate openers than just cancel pressure into 50/50s. Most of the cast is neutered compared to X. I hope we get more launchers from Normal strings in the near future cuzsome Characters have shit comboability.

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
Bit to be fair there where several broken characters in X. Ninja Killa was definitely very good with multiple characters. If I remember correctly Sonic even said: Cassie, Tekeda, Predator, Jason, Liu Kang, Tanya and others was broken or had broken tools.

I'd like to see NK pick up Liu Kang in 11. I'm sure he will find something. The 12 is plus 3 on block but is highs. I'm sure there is other ways to initiate openers than just cancel pressure into 50/50s. Most of the cast is neutered compared to X. I hope we get more launchers from Normal strings in the near future cuzsome Characters have shit comboability.
Yeah we discussed that in Liu Kang thread. Unfortunately there are no true mix ups since Liu doesn’t have no overhead starters and no strings with low enders so mix ups are out of opions. Shaolin cancel is too slow to be counted as the cancel. There is stance 2 but it’s reactible, doesn’t lead to combos and very unsafe on block. You can rush the opponent to death though, he has all the tools for that: b3, f43u3 which can be canceled mid string for the opponent to respect it, 123 as you said, 2124, b214 can also be canceled. The problem with Liu is that he has only one safe special which is stance 3 and it’s 8 frames. No Dragon roar with 0 like in MKX, no cancels and no iafb, at least I can’t do it, he just hops.

LawAbidingCitizen

no iafb, at least I can’t do it, he just hops.
Do it off the hop, you can instant air fireball. Raiden can even instant air super man and evade high while taking them to corner.

Right now I'm practicing Flawless Block things like these is just a matter of muscle memory. Once you get it down your hands will just do it without flaw. Sometimes I start the ia's higher up and work my way closer to the ground that way I slowly train myself the right way to input it.

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
Do it off the hop, you can instant air fireball. Raiden can even instant air super man and evade high while taking them to corner.

Right now I'm practicing Flawless Block things like these is just a matter of muscle memory. Once you get it down your hands will just do it without flaw. Sometimes I start the ia's higher up and work my way closer to the ground that way I slowly train myself the right way to input it.
Flawless block is cancer. So difficult to pull of for me

colby4898

F43u3 has a huge gap that can be interrupted with normals for a full combo punish. You can can just stop at f43 and your minus. Cancel into a stance which is still interoperable, cancel into a another special to get rid of the gap which is unsafe or parry, which will get you a full combo but also unsafe. I’m trying not to use it in pressure too much as it can be blown up so easy. I’m trying to use it as a counter hot for the crushing blow as f4 is 12 f startup I think. And in the corner you can get some good damage like in the vid which I have actually got quite frequently online.

I don’t think his pressure is that great, his only plus frames are 12 which as you said are both highs and cancels sometimes work atm but that’s just cos it’s week 1.

B34 is a great footsore tool, but the second hit is high sadly. It’s safe if it’s blocked tho and can be confirmed into bf4 or bf3 and bd1 ex in the corner.

I think throws are going to be big part of his pressure.

I think I’m going to have to learn how to do the hop overheads better too to try open people up.

LawAbidingCitizen

I was practicing it yesterday and I'd say just do them on gaps that are easier to see coming.
I slowly practice it so I'm doing it correctly, first get down flawless block then move on to U2/U3 reversal off Flawless Block. What I noticed is that it's a very cost heavy launcher and certain moves with gap are negative on block and it's better to just flawless Block and normal reversal for no bar. But it's just building up muscle memory, just like guitar, you can't do that solo till you practice it slow and work your way faster. I go slow at first so I don't train myself with bad habits. Eventually I started just doing it on reaction. You will have to learn it for each normal gap cuz they all have different timings.

Is it me or does he have some hitbox issues with his high starters? None of them seem to connect on a low blocking opponent.

Edit: Sorry wrong thread.

Last edited:

colby4898

Is it me or does he have some hitbox issues with his high starters? None of them seem to connect on a low blocking opponent.

Edit: Sorry wrong thread.
I’ve never understood that about MKX and now this game. They say in the tutorial a crouch blocking opponent a high attack will still hit them and only if they’re not blocking will it whiff... that’s just not the case

Enjoy.

I really like this bro!

BolverkGTM

Dad Beard Connoisseur
I have a better corner combo for f43u3 for less meter. About 12 less damage, but the key thing is you're not burning two meter for it.

f43u3 KB s34 f43 EX Flying Kick

If you want to burn all of the meter, you can also do

f43u3 KB s3 EX Low Fireball f43 EX Flying Kick

Tight combo, but it's good for about 490 damage? So there you go.

Attachments

colby4898

I have a better corner combo for f43u3 for less meter. About 12 less damage, but the key thing is you're not burning two meter for it.

f43u3 KB s34 f43 EX Flying Kick

If you want to burn all of the meter, you can also do

f43u3 KB s3 EX Low Fireball f43 EX Flying Kick

Tight combo, but it's good for about 490 damage? So there you go.
Yeah there’s deffo better combos, this is just what I had day 2

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
The name is written on the dude's screen but he still can't spell 3 letters in the right order XD