What's new

Tech - Dragons Fire Lui kang fireball has different speeds

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Hello, new here so i don't really know where to put this. I searched in the forums but couldn't find any topics about this. It seems that in Liu Kang's Drago's fire variation you can launch the fireball quicker if you hold 1 until he reaches back then release. If you just tap b,f+1 he'll charge for like half a second then fire. Just wondering if it's just my eyes playing tricks on me or there is actually a faster way of fireing his standing fireball.

Oh and I play on PC (Color Money) and PSN (Buyacushun) if anyone would like to play. Playing brawler cassie, Warlock Quan, Cyber Kano, DF LK, and SG KK.

Edit: Here is a video of what i'm talking about. I pull of a series of faster fireballs around 0:28 - 0:34.

Last edited:

ZOOM

Noob
Hello, new here so i don't really know where to put this. I searched in the forums but couldn't find any topics about this. It seems that in Liu Kang's Drago's fire variation you can launch the fireball quicker if you hold 1 until he reaches back then release. If you just tap b,f+1 he'll charge for like half a second then fire. Just wondering if it's just my eyes playing tricks on me or there is actually a faster way of fireing his standing fireball.

Oh and I play on PC (Color Money) and PSN (Buyacushun) if anyone would like to play. Playing brawler cassie, Warlock Quan, Cyber Kano, DF LK, and SG KK.
If I use Standing fireball in Dragon variation I usually use it to EX, otherwise im doing Low because standing has way to slow of a start up imo

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
If I use Standing fireball in Dragon variation I usually use it to EX, otherwise im doing Low because standing has way to slow of a start up imo
Yeah standing is usually really slow but you can actually fire it at A decent speed if you hold 1 and release it as he reaches back. I just remembered there is a record function so maybe i can get footage of what i'm talking about. Also I wonder if there are there any other projectiles that do this.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game

Edit: Here is a video of what i'm talking about. I pull of a series of faster fireballs around 0:28 - 0:34.
Good find! @EMPR_MURK did you know about this?

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Not to sound like a knob, but did people not know?

I don't see the point in using the normal one anyway when he has a low hitting version.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Also I think there are plenty of reasons to use the standing fireball. Hits mid, you can hold it, can hit jumps much rmeasier than low fireball and 2 handed fireballs look cooler than a crouched one handed fireball. ;-)

Mirjitsu

Noob
So my last video was back on launch where I discovered the Kenshi reflect brutalities. After I gave up hope on his viability as a character, I switched over to Liu Kang and haven't looked back since. I haven't been keeping up with this subforum lately because of all the LK hate with nerfs and buffs and block infinities, so I hope this isn't already known.

Anyways, we all know the standing fireball is terrible and should only be used for FBRC, but I found out a small little trick to make it not so garbage. Basically, just press 1 immediately after the animation and he'll shortcut the charge entirely and throw the fireball.

PLZ NERF :DOGE

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
Not to sound like a broken record here but this has been known for some time, his ground fireballs still suck with this though, their main purpose is for FBRCs. Leave the zoning to IAFBs and the low fireball.

Infinite

Noob
I just made an all button controller and was messing with Dragonfire and noticed when input fast enough fireball is significantly faster. I haven't really seen it discussed, but it seems to have similar frame data to IAFB. Is everyone already aware of this?

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
It happens sometimes after you throw a couple of low fb then the standing one comes out quicker.

The Celebrity

Professional Googler
it has nothing to do with low fireballs, and it can be repeated if done correctly each time.
It also happens from charging just slightly and then letting go. Inputing the fireball fast gives it this awkward set-time windup that won't jail after certain strings (i think F44 is one for example), but if you charge by holding X and then immediately release during the active frames of the fireball, it will come out significantly faster and jail on those strings.

Its actually decent tech. For example full screen you'll get a regular fireball quicker by charging a bit and releasing than just inputting.

I assumed it was known tech already, but I coulda been wrong... I've been using it since I picked up Liu.

EDIT - Myronj's video below covers what I was talking about.

Infinite

Noob
I was able to produce them by pressing back then forward at plink speed. I have no socd cleaner which makes it fairly easy to get it on the next frame.

I can't see flash videos on my phone, but it's just a faster fireball, so I doubt you're mistaken.