What's new

Video/Tutorial Low scoop doesnt wiff (hold forward)

Everyone keeps dropping f23 trait f23 f2 scoop but if you hold forward the whole combo it will not wiff just make sure the last f2 scoop is not hit at the highest point

I'll stick to f+2,3 - ji2.
Here is an argument you can use against the TC.
f2 now whiffs depending on the character weight, example you have way more chance to do it properly against hawkgirl and batgirl than another superman or green lantern for example. f2d1, f23, f2 Scoop 3 ender doesn't work anymore, 100% confirmed no matter how you try it, it won't work. Need to do more research to see what other things it messed but I think it ruined some wallbounce interactable too.

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
I did it on the entire cast last night, I didnt have a problem. I had to delay (what felt like an eternity) the f2 follow up, but I was able to 3~flying punch and 3~AGHV after f2~scoop with no problems. Catwoman seemed to be a bit more tricky(whiffed the 3~ender, but that was a timing thing I fixed), but otherwise I did the same bnb's midscreen and they worked. Damage is pretty negligible mid screen, we wont really feel it that much IMHO.

I did it on the entire cast last night, I didnt have a problem. I had to delay (what felt like an eternity) the f2 follow up, but I was able to 3~flying punch and 3~AGHV with no problems. Catwoman seemed to be a bit more tricky, but otherwise I did the same bnb's midscreen and they worked. Damage is pretty negligible mid screen, we wont really feel it that much IMHO.
I know, but depending on the character you have to adjust and that wasn't a problem before. Also, f2d1, f23, f2 scoop doesn't anymore, no matter how much you try it it won't work.

xQUANTUMx

I have to concede that. I guess we'll have to f2d13 and set up oki instead. That isnt a huge loss. Catwoman was the only char I had to adjust to, 1 out of the entire cast isnt a deal breaker for me. I think f2d1~MB Breath still works so at least there's that.

I have to concede that. I guess we'll have to f2d13 and set up oki instead. That isnt a huge loss. Catwoman was the only char I had to adjust to, 1 out of the entire cast isnt a deal breaker for me. I think f2d1~MB Breath still works so at least there's that.
hey by the way, what do you do after the f2d1 dash if you don't want to go for the jd3? i mean, if your opponent knows that by walking toward you, it will block the cross up and is conditioned to do that all the time he sees an f2d13, what do you do to trick him? because front jd3 doesn't combo now.

xQUANTUMx

you dont always have to go for the OTG. It's untechable. Go for a throw, bait a wakeup. You still have options.

you dont always have to go for the OTG. It's untechable. Go for a throw, bait a wakeup. You still have options.
I want a front combo option, my throw game is already epic. Does it work to jump and do a j2 into combo? Have you tried this in a match? also, supes got two indirect buffs that I discovered with this patch aside the b3 mb damage :D

xQUANTUMx

I want a front combo option, my throw game is already epic. Does it work to jump and do a j2 into combo? Have you tried this in a match? also, supes got two indirect buffs that I discovered with this patch aside the b3 mb damage :D

indirect or direct, I like the word "Buff" and "superman" in the same sentence:rolleyes:

indirect or direct, I like the word "Buff" and "superman" in the same sentence:rolleyes:
I've to redo my guide, specially for the corner combos (actually if you could help... it would be awesome, I need an optimal meter version, a meterless, a trait version, a trait meter version for every single combo starter that I have in my guide).
But I can share this:
The first buff is that now you can do air dash j2, 22 without failing a single time. Last patch air dash cross j2 didn't connect into the first 2, so the damage wasn't full and sometimes he could escape. I always used it with j1 because of that.
The second buff is that now you can go for an interactable wallbounce after every single string that doesn't put your opponent in the air!! even d1!!! before you could only use 11/1/2. Now you can use, 111/22/2/11/2/d1 hell!! even f2!!!! before this patch it wasn't possible to do f2 wallinteractbounce. Now is so awesome!!! specially because of a combo I have! actually you could do j2 interact-bounce and it will still connect!
And one third thing that benefits me is, that now that the combos have been normalized, some combos after b3 with 22 scoop deals the same amount of damage as f2 scoop, not one 1% more. for example, j3, f23, Freeze, b3, jf3, 22 scoop ender does the same as j3, f23, Freeze, b3, jf3, f2 Scoop ender and that my friend is awesome for a reason I'm gonna post in my future guide :D

xQUANTUMx

Once I finalize my combos I'll be happy to help. I'm collaborating with some other people on my team this week for an online practice session. I may have found a 90% OTG corner combo. Have to test to see whether its viable or not. (you read that percentage right)

Once I finalize my combos I'll be happy to help. I'm collaborating with some other people on my team this week for an online practice session. I may have found a 90% OTG corner combo. Have to test to see whether its viable or not. (you read that percentage right)
I've no problems to share any of my knowledge with you. One of the few peoples on this forum that actually was interested in discover more things about supes. I'ven't share everything because I'm saving somethings for the guide and combo videos (you surely understand) ;). It would be awesome if we could organize to divide the work. I really need someone that can discover every single optimal corner combo, because doing everything midscreen again, plus every single reset, cross up and so on takes way too long, but after the bad taste I had yesterday, I decided to start from scratch. No way I'm leaving a fighting game with supes my favorite comic chracterte, specially with the new 52 and man of steel costume.

xQUANTUMx

I'm glad you refocused. Nothing more satisfying then proving haters wrong. And I intend to do so. I work a lot, so I'm a bit slow in terms of stuff I can contribute atm, I post mostly from my phone. I'm in the lab 90% of the time now, so I can test things out.

chronos411

Last Kyptonian of VA
I was hitting F23, F23, F2xxScoop, 3xxEnder all last night with and without trait so the walk forward thing is good on a grounded opponent. What are we supposed to do when our F23 AA's now? thats the only time when the above combo wont work where it used to for me. I had to start doing F23, F2xxScoop, 3xxEnder. Is that the best we get now?

chronos411

Last Kyptonian of VA
if it anti airs you can HC into MB breath. It has a long reach.
But what if I dont wanna use meter? Say i'm facing Aquaman and his trait is up but I think a meterless combo would kill. Whats my best option? Is it F23, F2xxScoop, 3xxEnder?

xQUANTUMx

ah ok. Not sure at that point, I didnt test air to airs, or f23 anti airs last night. Dude, we need to make a v.106 Superman Combo thread for this stuff....

Breaker

~AKUMA~
Superman's changes are not that significant. Now before I get blown up I play Superman really well so to me it feels like he's not derp-mode anymore and you actually have to think more before choosing an approach. I haven't noticed any difference in terms of execution for his BnBs

xQUANTUMx

Why would you get blown up?
I tend to agree with you. The only significant change I'm looking at is optimizing his corner combos to maximize damage.

the herpity derp laser show is gone, so picking and choosing when to laser is paramount. But that will work out better for superman anyway.

chronos411

Last Kyptonian of VA
I agree as well Supes is still solid. The only BnBs that changed I feel are the Corner (obviously) and Meterless Anti Air F23 combos.