What's new

Low poke frustration.....

Mayz22

Noob
By no means do I feel the game sucks, I really enjoy the game. Yes maybe a few tweaks to appease all of us so its a tighter playing field. Not everything needs to be 100% perfectly balanced. Obviously every character should have a strength and their weaknesses. My point is you have a game that has a decent combo system, but encourages the user to spam certain moves or kombo strings that are borderline cheap. Reason why I say "cheap" is because like the spamming scorpions, everybody abused it. Now its liu kang, his kick string is being abused so when that gets nerfed they will move on to another character and so on. My opinion of it being dumb is just that, an opinion. People play the game the way they want and that is their right to do so. But proving my point as a mainly toxic community by jumping on a thread, bashing the op and thinking that is ok is just unreal. Those who do that literally have to be mere miserable fucks. Sorry but trolling and plain out trying to be a keyboard warrior is played out!!!! Grown ass men crying about other who they claim are crying about the game. Hypocrite at its finest!!!!! How about I go git gud, how bout I go grab that mason jar to save my tears, how bout I look up what practice mode is, matter of fact how about I just say fuck it, fighting games aint for me.. I see a pattern, all these trolls have a phd in self inflicting hand jobs, you know, the tupe of virtual chuck noris muthaf**kas that live with there mom, in the basement, at 40 years old, acting tough behind a screen over a damn videogame lmao!!! Pathetic, basically some of you guys seen through my frustraitions and offered a helping hand, very much appreciated!!! I figure thats what a community is for, you know to help people, not belittle them right off rip..

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
Some people should finally understand that, there is no "cheap" move in this game. If the opponent beats you, then he beats you, doesnt matter how he beat you. If you cant handle something, its because your fault, not his.
If i see someone is struggle with one move, of course i will use it often. Its always amuse me when some people say they has no skill because he use "x" character or spam "x" move. If he has no skills and beats you, what does make you then ?

Still some character have ridiculous KB and FB. And FB are still too much OP, they need to be toned down.

@Mayz22
It is a main part of the game, if you don't like it do not play it.

It's like saying you don't like getting dunked on in basketball because you don't know how to handle it and anyone who dunks is a scrub at basketball and that you are obviously better than said players.

You know how bad you would be laughed at or ridiculed? Toxicity? Sure some but you starting out with complaining about a known aspect of the game from day 1 weeks later is a sign of you being behind on labbing.

craftycheese

I tried to throw a yo-yo away. It was impossible.
I don't see a problem. I'd rather squat down and low poke to pick up trash and throw it away then bend over to do it. Better on my back.

Mayz22

Noob
@Mayz22
It is a main part of the game, if you don't like it do not play it.

It's like saying you don't like getting dunked on in basketball because you don't know how to handle it and anyone who dunks is a scrub at basketball and that you are obviously better than said players.

You know how bad you would be laughed at or ridiculed? Toxicity? Sure some but you starting out with complaining about a known aspect of the game from day 1 weeks later is a sign of you being behind on labbing.
Your statement, is like that of a child going na na nah boo boo. Obviously im old enough to know if i dont like it dont play it. Also behind on labbing? Where in any of my posts in this thread did i say i was training for tournaments? Im sorry, i have a wife and kids so im not going to sit and put all my tine into the lab when ya know, i got some pussy to play with. Saying being laughed at or ridiculed is immature, how old are we?? Seriously, most of the remarks on this thread proves my point. Even yours not "exactly" attacking me but more so beating around the bush about it. The game came out in april, and yes low pokes have been frustraiting to me since then. Now I never jumped on a thread, belittled anybody about nerfing scorpion, who is my main. Matter of fact again it did not effect me but either way, i did not go off, run my mouth like some little keyboard thug.

Madog32

PSN: ImaGiveItToUBaby
Your statement, is like that of a child going na na nah boo boo. Obviously im old enough to know if i dont like it dont play it. Also behind on labbing? Where in any of my posts in this thread did i say i was training for tournaments? Im sorry, i have a wife and kids so im not going to sit and put all my tine into the lab when ya know, i got some pussy to play with. Saying being laughed at or ridiculed is immature, how old are we?? Seriously, most of the remarks on this thread proves my point. Even yours not "exactly" attacking me but more so beating around the bush about it. The game came out in april, and yes low pokes have been frustraiting to me since then. Now I never jumped on a thread, belittled anybody about nerfing scorpion, who is my main. Matter of fact again it did not effect me but either way, i did not go off, run my mouth like some little keyboard thug.
Who says labbing is for tournament players only?? Its the first place you should go to when you run into something you can't counter. I bet if you put just what little time you spent creating this thread and defending your argument into labbing counters to D1 instead, you'd already have figured it out.

No one likes getting D1 mashed or D1 grabbed. But anyone who takes the game seriously already bothered to figure out a way to counter that play. Some of them have even shared that knowledge here with you. You came to a site where competitive players gather, tell us you like competition, and yet when someone suggests you lab something, your response is I dont have time for that -- Too busy getting pussy. If you truly liked competition, you would learn how to get better and beat your competition. The exact same way any competitive athlete would train to get better at their sport.

You need some thicker skin if you think you're being "belittled" for having your complaint analogized to basketball. Its quite accurate. And whether you like D1s or not, your opponent will continue to use them, and will likely continue to outplay you until you learn to adapt to them.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Who says labbing is for tournament players only?? Its the first place you should go to when you run into something you can't counter. I bet if you put just what little time you spent creating this thread and defending your argument into labbing counters to D1 instead, you'd already have figured it out.

No one likes getting D1 mashed or D1 grabbed. But anyone who takes the game seriously already bothered to figure out a way to counter that play. Some of them have even shared that knowledge here with you. You came to a site where competitive players gather, tell us you like competition, and yet when someone suggests you lab something, your response is I dont have time for that -- Too busy getting pussy. If you truly liked competition, you would learn how to get better and beat your competition. The exact same way any competitive athlete would train to get better at their sport.

You need some thicker skin if you think you're being "belittled" for having your complaint analogized to basketball. Its quite accurate. And whether you like D1s or not, your opponent will continue to use them, and will likely continue to outplay you until you learn to adapt to them.
Perfectly said, fellow ! ;)

Mayz22

Noob

Hmmmmmm, it seems as if my original post is still falling on deaf ears. Sad thing is i wasnt defending the post as much as responding to the snark remarks. I do lab, i labe every chance I get, and since this thread is a few days old now and with the help of said people who actually took the time to help instead of making anologies, or remarks ad if I suck, i have been winning more. I always had a poaitive record and simply stated I didnt like the low pokes in which is "my" opinion. And as far as thick skin goes, its not me that needs it, I dont go into online forums just to belittle others. If I cant be helpful, I mind my fucking business. See a trend there???? So telling me i need thick skin does NOT pertain to the mechanics of the game, thats still belittling because instead of offering a helping hand, you write a post trying to pick apart my defense, which seems more important instead of helping a fellow mk player. That is what I have been saying about the toxic community......

Mayz22

Noob
Lol read your original post out loud before you call anyone immature.
He only wants to play the game his way without all the stuff that pisses him off, and he doesn't want anyone to be mean cause refuses to change or learn anything. Whats immature about that?
So, apparently i dont want to learn. Hmmmmm as the thread continues the original topic at this point is not even being discussed. The topic now is apparently, the op(me) is a dumb ass, he dont want to learn new tricks, he is just a caveman. Then I get told to read out loud my original post lmao. Why dont you read some of my replies where I stated I went back in and took what these guys said and not only practiced, but started winning more. So why dont you go re read and grow up a lil bit more instead of throwing a few more jabs my way. Immature as I stated giving your only mission on this thread is to point out a flaw in me in which has no meaning to a complaint I had days ago. I didnt see you write encouraging words, now im a grown man and words dont hurt, and yes im gonna dish it right back out. But dont be coming on a thread, treating others like shit and not get called out on it. Im a prison guard, I have 198 inmates in my pod, and its the gang unit, these guys are the real deal and dont have the disrespect you keyboard warriors have.. basically, Im going to tell you like I have been told, maybe this thread aint for you, if it bothers you then move on dont post. Maybe you are miserable and been bullied so you feel the need to respond like you do. Or maybe, just maybe you are nosey as all hell, and just wanna get a rise out of somebody. ALL I know is its immature. I had a complaint, I listened and fixed it, now my only replies are to those of you who are attacking instead of helping the cause. Gtfoh.....

Madog32

PSN: ImaGiveItToUBaby
Hmmmmmm, it seems as if my original post is still falling on deaf ears. Sad thing is i wasnt defending the post as much as responding to the snark remarks. I do lab, i labe every chance I get, and since this thread is a few days old now and with the help of said people who actually took the time to help instead of making anologies, or remarks ad if I suck, i have been winning more. I always had a poaitive record and simply stated I didnt like the low pokes in which is "my" opinion. And as far as thick skin goes, its not me that needs it, I dont go into online forums just to belittle others. If I cant be helpful, I mind my fucking business. See a trend there???? So telling me i need thick skin does NOT pertain to the mechanics of the game, thats still belittling because instead of offering a helping hand, you write a post trying to pick apart my defense, which seems more important instead of helping a fellow mk player. That is what I have been saying about the toxic community......
Why are you so heated?

if it bothers you then move on dont post.
Could maybe take your own advice and ignore any "disrespect" you think ppl are throwing at you

Mayz22

Noob
Why are you so heated?

Could maybe take your own advice and ignore any "disrespect" you think ppl are throwing at you
Im not "heated". Annoyed, maybe. Why? Because now we are off topic. Now I am backed into a corner defending myself given majority is throwing shade, being disrespectful or plain out ignorant in the 1st place. To me the thread is dead, but others feel the need to keep questioning me without reading other replies where I responded by labbing and learning. Instead, Im pushed to respond the way I am responding. Which btw is immature as well. Big difference though is I admit my wrongs, adjusted my gameplay from given tips and now only defending myself and not the topic. Its common sense, if somebody said that to your face, you gonna ignore it? I doubt it because by assumption, you cant ignore anything I have said in text let alone any of these other guys who are trolls.........

ThePedro

IIINCORRUPTIBLE
Before I am told to get gud, let me start by saying alot of the mk11 community is toxic. Wether it be online in ranked or in forums. Just about every ranked match you get an idiot on the mic, he has absolutley no skills with character he/she is using other than spamming low poke/throws the entire match. Then run there mouth as if they actually did something. We need a mute button, I dont need to hear you cry about shit.Now, I am a scorpion main and it really ticked me off when every single one of these low poke/throw meta idiots called for him to get nerfed. Dont tell me to get gud, then liu kang players and their 1 and only combo string, sonya zoners, erron black slap the skin off you 3 hit combo, or how about jax doing the same exact string over and over again? I love to play online and love competition, but I love competition who actually likes to do setups, long combos and play the game flashy. This low poke meta is going to kill this game furyher, and kombat league is garbage as well. Before you guys say, oh yay, another scorpion main, he probably spammed teleport. Actually no, never have, only use it within my combos, I want to find ways to win without being cheap. Rant over, just irritated to what this game has come to this far.......
You might be aware that you can completely and 100% mute anyone who talks to you by going into a private party with only yourself in it? But yes, the game should have mute...

ThePedro

IIINCORRUPTIBLE
Im not "heated". Annoyed, maybe. Why? Because now we are off topic. Now I am backed into a corner defending myself given majority is throwing shade, being disrespectful or plain out ignorant in the 1st place. To me the thread is dead, but others feel the need to keep questioning me without reading other replies where I responded by labbing and learning. Instead, Im pushed to respond the way I am responding. Which btw is immature as well. Big difference though is I admit my wrongs, adjusted my gameplay from given tips and now only defending myself and not the topic. Its common sense, if somebody said that to your face, you gonna ignore it? I doubt it because by assumption, you cant ignore anything I have said in text let alone any of these other guys who are trolls.........
Dude you are absolutely correct that many people hop around in a panic and just spam down+1 then grab all the time, even if they are pretty darn skilled (actually)… It's annoying, and especially if there is lag or framerate drops every 5 seconds. I have one of the highest win counts in PlayStation 4 ranked with Liu Kang, so I've definitely fought plenty of people and know the patterns at the very least (over 1,000 wins with Liu Kang in ranked. 800 plus of them came when it was first to 3).

Mayz22

Noob
Dude you are absolutely correct that many people hop around in a panic and just spam down+1 then grab all the time, even if they are pretty darn skilled (actually)… It's annoying, and especially if there is lag or framerate drops every 5 seconds. I have one of the highest win counts in PlayStation 4 ranked with Liu Kang, so I've definitely fought plenty of people and know the patterns at the very least (over 1,000 wins with Liu Kang in ranked. 800 plus of them came when it was first to 3).
Thats very impressive, Im not 100% sure but I know i am clise to 400 wins with scorpion and around 300 losses with him. I have recently took a break from scorpion and started labbing subzero, kollector, and nightwolf. I love nightwolf bit I really cant get any wins online with him, im sure im doing something wrong. Then kollector, he is just bad ass to me, i get some good wins in with him. But subzero im now infactuated with. Sad to say since this thread and talking with some of you guys, I have learned a few tricks of my own to out poke the d1, anti-air crossups and been doing much better countering throws. Apparently you can do your standing 1,1, or 1,2 combos to kounter normal throws..... Again, knowing its in the game and how usefull it is with the d1-throw meta, i still dispise it but learning, and having some of these guys open my eyes have helped me live with it. Overall I am much happier playing the game......

ThePedro

IIINCORRUPTIBLE
Thats very impressive, Im not 100% sure but I know i am clise to 400 wins with scorpion and around 300 losses with him. I have recently took a break from scorpion and started labbing subzero, kollector, and nightwolf. I love nightwolf bit I really cant get any wins online with him, im sure im doing something wrong. Then kollector, he is just bad ass to me, i get some good wins in with him. But subzero im now infactuated with. Sad to say since this thread and talking with some of you guys, I have learned a few tricks of my own to out poke the d1, anti-air crossups and been doing much better countering throws. Apparently you can do your standing 1,1, or 1,2 combos to kounter normal throws..... Again, knowing its in the game and how usefull it is with the d1-throw meta, i still dispise it but learning, and having some of these guys open my eyes have helped me live with it. Overall I am much happier playing the game......
In my experience:

1) Sub Zero is good, but sort of dumbed down. If you watch (the great) Tom Brady play MKX Sub Zero or prior (at world class level) you can see that MK11 Sub is somewhat dumb. Online it is mostly basic bread and butter strings from Sub, with three shot combo mix ups, etc.

2) I've played one Knightwolf above the mid range, which was around high level and he seems decent although I beat the guy with my mid tier Liu Kang without even knowing the matchup...

3) Kollector is sneaky with the way he operates, and is rarely used online. In the right hands he is good.

4) Obviously S Tier Scorpion recently got nerfed, but is still good. I would recommend trying Liu Kang...

5) Also keep in mind that this game does indeed have problems online. There was an article in the news at IGN.com where a user was hacking peoples connections, who was using various accounts:

I've seen many other people online who are using similar toolkits to the person(s) in the article mentioned above, and the FGC should completely banish those people doing that (forever)...

So in addition to you not being able to time your stuff online, even if it sounds simple, you have to take note of frauds manipulating the internet connection or in game physics to gain a FRAUDULENT advantage.

One of the users in that article is named Son-Goku-DZ (or something like that) and was 12th on the face of the earth just yesterday on the in game leaderboards via fraud. To put that in perspective, SonicFox himself was around 20th at the time of the photos I took, and multiple other legitimate high level players were right in the around that person. It's a shame that the type of fraud is able to continue.

Last edited:

Mayz22

Noob
In my experience:

1) Sub Zero is good, but sort of dumbed down. If you watch (the great) Tom Brady play MKX Sub Zero or prior (at world class level) you can see that MK11 Sub is somewhat dumb. Online it is mostly basic bread and butter strings from Sub, with three shot combo mix ups, etc.

2) I've played one Knightwolf above the mid range, which was around high level and he seems decent although I beat the guy with my mid tier Liu Kang without even knowing the matchup...

3) Kollector is sneaky with the way he operates, and is rarely used online. In the right hands he is good.

4) Obviously S Tier Scorpion recently got nerfed, but is still good. I would recommend trying Liu Kang...
I have dabbled a little with liu kang. Since Mk1 I was never a fan of him. But, facing him lately he has given me alot of issues. Usually I go learn the mechanics of characters that give me matchup issues. Most likely I will lab kang again, but as of now, I really am enjoying subzero!! Scorpion has always been my fav since mk1. I was pissed when mk3 came out and scorpion wasnt even in game until umk3........ anyway, Im down for some matches, im on ps4 as well, my screen name is

x_XMAYZX_x

Mayz22

Noob
I do have youtube user and #1 shao kahn VideoGamezYo on my friends list as well. He is a good dude, smart and a hell of a player!!!! I did read up on the ddos thats going on and thats just sad....

Mayz22

Noob
) Sub Zero is good, but sort of dumbed down. If you watch (the great) Tom Brady play MKX Sub Zero or prior (at world class level) you can see that MK11 Sub is somewhat dumb.
Im actually watching mk tom brady rn while im at work lol15762