What's new

Breakthrough Low Parry Combo Setups

OnlineRon91

Joker++
Joker's Low Parry is able to be (best) followed up by Mid Chattering Teeth if you set them up after a Hard KD. Better yet is the fact that the 11% from Low Parry does not scale with the rest of your combo. This leads up to 41% meterless. This setup works best against characters whose wakeups are Low parry-able attacks.

The setup is simple: Hard KD, Mid Teeth, Low Parry, Profit.

Your Hard KD options for this setup are :
  • d3
  • b13
  • 213 -> Forward Dash
  • SHKD 213 -> Forward Dash x 2
  • f21
  • Crowbar (corner)
  • Crowbar -> Forward Dash (very tight window)
  • MB Crowbar -> Forward Dash (brief delay).
This setup works on :
  • Aquaman's Trident Scoop
  • Batman's Slide Kick
  • Green Arrow's Stinger
  • Harlee Quinn's Tantrum Stance
  • Killer Frost's Black Ice
  • Lobo's Low Space Hook
  • Superman's Low Scoop
Now for the best part, the combos :
  1. ji2, 21 xx Crowbar / MB Crowbar - 36% / 40%
  2. ji2, 32 xx Flower / Super - 41% / 56%
  3. ji2, d2 xx MB RLG, b3, Crowbar / MB Crowbar - 42% / 43%
  4. ji2, d2 xx MB RLG, b3, ji2, 32 xx Flower - 46%
@StevoSuprem0
@Qwark28
@Fromundaman
@Notez4
@Gilbagz
@The_PantyChrist
@rehti
@KonDcnT

Last edited:

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
This is pretty sick. Nice work man! Kinda situational, but could be effecting in some of these matchups.
What's more, you can just be sitting there holding down after the teeth, opening one of the following:
1. If they jump in, go for an AA into combo.
2. If they go for a low, parry into combo.
3. If they go for a mid/high, pushblock them for 0% ( :mad:BULLSHIT FUCK BALLS DAMNIT:mad:) and carry them closer to the corner or to a BGB hopefully.
4. If they backdash or jump back, try to pushing with gun or pursue, depending on the matchup.
5. If they try to sit in the teeth and block low, you go for a crowbar or jump in and give them a tough to block situation and gain advantage except on crowbar if they manage to block.
All relatively reactable too. Pretty cool :D
Does this work with the normal parry as well, or only low?

Last edited:

OnlineRon91

Joker++
Only Low as far I know. I think it is the more helpful against Batman, arguably our worst matchup of the bunch I mentioned.

But your right, this can be used against any character with a low move.

The PantyChrist

Rest in Pantiez
I expect this to be more useful against characters with only good low wakeups. Frost batman and Harley are a few. Ga can do the bow spin or savage blast. But I gotta admit this is tight as fuck

KonDcnT

KonDcnT
This is viscious. Very nice work. After the hot fix bullshit, I figured well there has got to be something with parry. This could actually disrupt the opponents rhythm, while dishing out some big damage.

The PantyChrist

Rest in Pantiez
Ha I want to test it but it seems super risky, granted the reward is nice. Probably something near the corner where a reaction is more likely to be made and they can no longer tech roll or just backdash.

The PantyChrist

Rest in Pantiez
I was going to do some research into a meter less version of the pushblock thing with acid blossom onto teeth with wakeup stuffing. I was able to do it once on deathstrokes sword flip as he is only invincible the first few frames and the philosophy was he would either block or get hit on wakeup. I kinda stopped looking into it cus it was hard with ds due to spacing and timing but there may be other characters who don't have invincible advancing wakeups this could work on. Also I don't think many players realize joker has a lot of pushback on blossom which could be used to push an unsuspecting blocker onto the teeth

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Imagine you could do this with Standing Parry? OMG
Imagine parry was mid...
Ahem, sorry, gentlemen, got carried away. Carry on, please. :rolleyes:
While we are at it, I'll just repeat something that was said earlier: just how much one needs to know with Joker, and be capable on processing all that mid-match without starting to eat random stuff just because you were thinking about setups too much.
And they say Zod is hard...

Dr Jackal

Dr__Jackal
Yop

I am a bite confused, who can be gentle and explain this to me with simple words :D
If I understand well with this example, here is your suggestion:

On block : 213, foward dash, the opponent tries to poke, then low parry ? Correct ?

StevoSuprem0

Yop

I am a bite confused, who can be gentle and explain this to me with simple words :D
If I understand well with this example, here is your suggestion:

On block : 213, foward dash, the opponent tries to poke, then low parry ? Correct ?
Not just poke (most pokes are actually mid :confused:), but you can do something like on knockdown, dash up and throw far teeth, then low parry their wakeup if you read that Batman is gonna slide or Aquaman is gonna go for a scoop. If you time it right, they get launched and you get a decent little combo. This has some use in the neutral game as well against people who have low footsies and such, but requires a hell of a read. I think it works with mid teeth as well with slightly more delayed timing? I forget. Anyways, it's situational and very read-dependent, but pretty decent tech and, as we always say, another tool forthe arsenal.

StevoSuprem0

Oh I see, I didn't know it can be combotable with a teeth, it's really situational I think and quite risky :joker:
Absolutely. But if you recognize people abusing low wakeups or something, it can be done and probably the hypest thing anyone will ever see in a fighting game hahaha.
At the very least, it's good to know it exists even if you never use it.

Dr Jackal

Dr__Jackal
Absolutely. But if you recognize people abusing low wakeups or something, it can be done and probably the hypest thing anyone will ever see in a fighting game hahaha.
At the very least, it's good to know it exists even if you never use it.
Ok perfect, thx for the tips, I will try it tonight against a good player using Harley Quinn.

To be honest, I don't think I really improved my strategy with the Joker's parry.