What's new

Loving The Revenants!

Might-Taro 19

by each death, we learn more..
I am so glad that we are going to have almost half of the roster being revenants as their default look. Jade is looking absolutely stunning, Liu Kang, Kitana, Kabal, Kung Lao you name it they all are making mortal kombat 11 smile. Hopefully if we get Noob, Fujin, Shang Tsung, and Rain, and them having Revenant forms. The reason why I like these appearances is cause well I love darkness, vampires, wraiths all that good stuff.
Let's hear what you think of these bad ass characters looking gothy!

Thank you Netherealm!

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
I'm kind of still hoping that their defaults won't be revenants. I'll at least hope that most won't be.

Think about a character select screen where Liu Kang, Kitana, Jade, Kung Lao, Kabal and maybe even an unannounced character like Sindel are all revenants. Idk...

Might-Taro 19

I'm kind of still hoping that their defaults won't be revenants. I'll at least hope that most won't be.

Think about a character select screen where Liu Kang, Kitana, Jade, Kung Lao, Kabal and maybe even an unannounced character like Sindel are all revenants. Idk...
I understand why some people like you aren't really digging a lot of revenant defaults but me personally? its a great valentines gift lol. But keep in mind man there is going to be many skins for each character. You already saw how jade has a human skin, Kabal, all of them pretty much have human forms. But default Revenants? it's the very first time we see that and i'm so grateful!

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?

Yeah would look bad, but pretty sure what they're showing in the trailers are defaults.

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
I'm liking the Revenants as well. Although it's not a big deal, I couldn't help but feel a little lied to when I played MKX's story mode and all the cool old characters were just zombies.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Isn't Fujin an Elder God? He can't really die, if so, I don't think. So I don't think you'll be seeing him in Revenant form. He will show up at the end of the story and mop Raiden and then we'll get a pop up message:

FUJIN UNLOCKED

Everyone will be nutting all over themselves

I know that won't happen, but I can dream.

Might-Taro 19

Isn't Fujin an Elder God? He can't really die, if so, I don't think. So I don't think you'll be seeing him in Revenant form. He will show up at the end of the story and mop Raiden and then we'll get a pop up message:

FUJIN UNLOCKED

That's highly possible, I mean like if Kronika isn't playable then who's going to be unlocked during the story mode? :confused: there has to be someone. They did this with Mk9,Mkx and now unknown how it will all go with mortal kombat 11.

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?

I think you guys are approaching this Revenant business a little wrong. You're thinking of it like a temporary thing that's gonna get solved aaaaaany game now, and the longer it goes on, the more annoying it gets that it hasn't been solved yet.

It might not be solved. In this new timeline, Kabal/Jade/Smoke/etc might be the new Scorpion/Noob Saibot type of characters, who remain warped, evil versions of themselves for a very long time (potentially forever). This isn't new territory for MK, it's only new territory for these specific characters.

trufenix

bye felicia
I think you guys are approaching this Revenant business a little wrong. You're thinking of it like a temporary thing that's gonna get solved aaaaaany game now, and the longer it goes on, the more annoying it gets that it hasn't been solved yet.

It might not be solved. In this new timeline, Kabal/Jade/Smoke/etc might be the new Scorpion/Noob Saibot type of characters, who remain warped, evil versions of themselves for a very long time (potentially forever). This isn't new territory for MK, it's only new territory for these specific characters.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
What I don't get it is why Jade's default skin is a revenant but Kabal's default is not. I thought both became revenant at the end of MK9 and during MKX... or Am I missing something?

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.

FUJIN UNLOCKED

Fujin and Raiden are regular gods.

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
Kabal's default costume is a burnt revenant skin.
I'm coming around to that after Jade's reveal, but isnt it odd how similar it is to his regular look? Other than the black skin. Are they gonna retcon Kabal's appearance in the past to be different? Or do you think they figured "shit he looks evil enough already and he only wore the costume for like a day before getting killed, let him get some mileage out of it"?

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
Kabal's default costume is a burnt revenant skin.
Hard to notice but maybe you're right! ... However I can not see the glowing veins on the arms...uhmmm.

EDIT: I think you're right, he is revenant because his burnt alt has a different skin color.

Last edited:

stokedAF

casual kahnage

That’s what I don’t get. Why did Quan Chi make the other characters so lame? They are basically the same with dead rising zombie eyes. Noob got shadow magic and scorpion controls hell fire. How come these guys got shafted out of powers and a cool aesthetic and reveal. What if those new characters are new wraiths made from the revenant characters? Would be cool maaaaaan.

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
I’m personally not a fan of the undead revenants, and I hope Kronika will solve this mess during story mode, I hope the old living characters beat and replace the revenants again. Turning every character undead and evil isn’t something I find appealing, rather cheap actually. I don’t mind them for now, but I hope during MK 12 most of the revenants are back to normal and the story continues without them.

vapid

cyber warlord
That's highly possible, I mean like if Kronika isn't playable then who's going to be unlocked during the story mode? :confused: there has to be someone. They did this with Mk9,Mkx and now unknown how it will all go with mortal kombat 11.
If it's not Kronika's playable form then it's going to be Geras, and we're all going to be massively disappointed.

R00KI30FTH3Y3AR

(S)teel (V)alley (K)ombat
I mean, revenants aren't too bad as a thing, but I feel like it fucks up the lore more so than it already has been in the past few years. For instance...Noob Saibot and Scorpion are both undead warriors created by Quan Chi that came along many years before any of this revenant business, but why are they so different? What else can Quan Chi do with a little magic and a few corpses 'cause I'm not a fan of this whole revenant thing. Can we get more living shadow beings like Noob Saibot, please? Shadow Kabal would rule us all...

Last edited:

Might-Taro 19

I mean, revenants aren't too bad as a thing, but I feel like it fucks up the lore more so than it already has been in the past few years. For instance...Noob Saibot and Scorpion are both undead warriors created by Quan Chi that came along many years before any of this revenant business, but why are they so different? What else can Quan Chi do with a little magic and a few corpses 'cause I'm not a fan of this whole revenant thing. Can we get more living shadow beings like Noob Saibot, please? Shadow Kabal would rule us all...
You talking about like having all the revenants look like noob saibot? that would be kind of dull because the revenants all have unique costumes. It would feel empty having a bunch of shadowy noob saibot army forged by quan chi. I respect your opinion but man I'm really embracing the revenants. at least be happy for us revenant fans :)

SubZeroIce

Runway
Revenants are cool but wouldn't be the first time considering we had Dark Raiden & Zombie Liu in MKD.

I think this being their default costume doesn't matter with the way the kustomization system is set up.