What's new

Lotus Fist anti-wakeup OS

Grape Juice City

Shaolin boyz
Was recently inspired by @Illmatix to start looking into Orbiting Hat setups on oki again and may have come up with something that stuffs rolls as well.
It's pretty straight forward. After the setup, walk up making sure to hold forward and hit 4 at the right time. If they back roll twin kicks will come out, and if you time it right, you'll get sweep on forward rolls; both will lead to full combo meterless punishes anywhere on the screen on seemingly a good portion of the cast. It's important that you walk forward for this to work so your character auto corrects for the sweep. While this doesn't shut down u3s, it virtually eliminates every other option your opponent may have had since hat hits meaty. Hat is also active enough to stuff any buttons after a delayed wakeup as well, and on block it leaves your opponent at massive frame disadvantage if you're hit confirming the hat.

While I've had pretty consistent results so far, I have yet to test it against the entire cast. The setup itself is universal, but punishing back rolls mid screen is hitbox/positioning dependent, and punishing forward rolls requires moderately strict timing that can be nailed down after some practice. Cassie can not be punished on her back roll mid screen, but as of now is the only character I've had this issues with. Setup is potentially universal in the corner.

Last edited:

kdawg

Noob
This is pretty good
Was recently inspired by @Illmatix to start looking into Orbiting Hat setups on oki again and may have come up with something that stuffs rolls as well.
It's pretty straight forward. After the setup, walk up making sure to hold forward and hit 4 at the right time. If they back roll twin kicks will come out, and if you time it right, you'll get sweep on forward rolls; both will lead to full combo meterless punishes anywhere on the screen on seemingly a good portion of the cast. It's important that you walk forward for this to work so your character auto corrects for the sweep. While this doesn't shut down u3s, it virtually eliminates every other option your opponent may have had since hat hits meaty. Hat is also active enough to stuff any buttons after a delayed wakeup as well, and on block it leaves your opponent at massive frame disadvantage if you're hit confirming the hat.

While I've had pretty consistent results so far, I have yet to test it against the entire cast. The setup itself is universal, but punishing back rolls mid screen is hitbox/positioning dependent, and punishing forward rolls requires moderately strict timing that can be nailed down after some practice. Cassie can not be punished on her back roll mid screen, but as of now is the only character I've had this issues with. Setup is potentially universal in the corner.