What's new

Tech Lots of new tech for Doomsday

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Been playing around with him in the lab for the past week and I've found a lot of interesting shit.

MB Venom has different properties depending on the moment you press the MB button, at max opponent height after Venom, pressing MB causes your opponent to be launched as far as possible, needing 2 dashes to reach them, 2nd dash can be punished by fast wakeups. Doing it late leaves them one step out of F2 distance and changes the move's hitbox properties.

MB venom at lowest height allows some moves after a quick dash to make doomsday clip through the opponent, this is still unexplored midscreen but in the corner there is a 50/50 mixup for 2 bars.

Any combo into MB Venom at the lowest height into MB air venom at the first recovery frames will lead to a crossup that causes wakeups to completely whiff, as found by PND i2 Gaug3 delaying it for a few frames causes it not to crossup.

Now, to sweep and EX air snatch.

Both of these moves are hard knockdowns and allow for a mutual setup, whenever you hit with any of these ( sweep depends on the range, max range is the best ) You can dash in and neutral jump D3. This neutral jump D3 will be a deceiving crossup that reverses not the inputs but the direction of a wakeup attack, again, waiting half a second or so will make the JD3 not crossup, but wakeups will come out the right way.

Feel free to play with these and experiment, still trying to see if the air snatch/sweep ambiguous crossup setup is viable as most backdashes seem to beat it but by changing the timing perhaps you can bait out an accidentaly forward dash which has no invincible frames.

Credit to Metzos too for having a hunch about ex AS

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Qwark28 thats interesting stuff about making wakeups whiff but on th d3/ex snatch setups, pretty sure you can just dash out as soon as doomsday NJs if i remember right?

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Qwark28 thats interesting stuff about making wakeups whiff but on th d3/ex snatch setups, pretty sure you can just dash out as soon as doomsday NJs if i remember right?
This is why it's not a straightforward mixup and you have to make them respect it, if someone is dash happy all you do is another dash in and punish with 123 for full combo, if they don't know which way you'll cross them then their backdash gets fucked up into a forward dash which has no invincible frames as doomsdays dick grabs them for full combo

1man3letters

This is why it's not a straightforward mixup and you have to make them respect it, if someone is dash happy all you do is another dash in and punish with 123 for full combo, if they don't know which way you'll cross them then their backdash gets fucked up into a forward dash which has no invincible frames as doomsdays dick grabs them for full combo

alot of he times id escape people trying to do that on me was with a forward dash though?

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
alot of he times id escape people trying to do that on me was with a forward dash though?
Haven't seen anyone doing this setup knowing what happens if they set it up correctly or even with a neutral jump, this is a setup as you recover, you have very few frames to do anything if you already haven't done a wakeup. It also depends on the character's dashes of course, you won't see GL/Joker escaping this.

Go to training mode, hit sweep at max distance, dash in and do NJD3, watch how tight the window is, I don't think any kind of forward dash outside of superman/BA/ww will escape this reliably.

1man3letters

Haven't seen anyone doing this setup knowing what happens if they set it up correctly or even with a neutral jump, this is a setup as you recover, you have very few frames to do anything if you already haven't done a wakeup. It also depends on the character's dashes of course, you won't see GL/Joker escaping this.

Go to training mode, hit sweep at max distance, dash in and do NJD3, watch how tight the window is, I don't think any kind of forward dash outside of superman/BA/ww will escape this reliably.

you wouldnt of seen anyone one do it cause it at outr local casuals spot, we never record those sessions (that sounds smartass it is not meant to be :oops:)
hmm i dunno, just recorded myself getting out of it there every time with scorpions forward dash and back dash after i visually see him jump so i dunno if even the double dash thing would be a solid counter to the dash out.
i know a few characters can do that "body hop" thing were there right on top of your opponent after un-techable knockdowns, i know scorpion can do it and you can dash out of his aswell, he doesnt have a body splash though but still lol

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
you wouldnt of seen anyone one do it cause it at outr local casuals spot, we never record those sessions (that sounds smartass it is not meant to be :oops:)
hmm i dunno, just recorded myself getting out of it there every time with scorpions forward dash and back dash after i visually see him jump so i dunno if even the double dash thing would be a solid counter to the dash out.
i know a few characters can do that "body hop" thing were there right on top of your opponent after un-techable knockdowns, i know scorpion can do it and you can dash out of his aswell, he doesnt have a body splash though but still lol
Point being, you know he'll do it and you know he's going for that mixup, during doomsdays rushdown and all the knockdowns hes gonna achieve you will not be looking just for that one setup, your attention will be divided. Getting otu of setups is easy on paper but needs to be tested during a game

1man3letters

Point being, you know he'll do it and you know he's going for that mixup, during doomsdays rushdown and all the knockdowns hes gonna achieve you will not be looking just for that one setup, your attention will be divided. Getting otu of setups is easy on paper but needs to be tested during a game

dont get me wrong im not going "hey man this is trash", as mentioned doomsday plenty of options of what to do on knockdown with DD, this could be another.
was just talking about some ways to counter it and when just recorded it there i noticed i could visually see him at top of arc of jump before i had to react to anything and input (and with scorpion anyway didnt matter if foward or backdash, mightnt be same other chars i dunno)

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
dont get me wrong im not going "hey man this is trash", as mentioned doomsday plenty of options of what to do on knockdown with DD, this could be another.
was just talking about some ways to counter it and when just recorded it there i noticed i could visually see him at top of arc of jump before i had to react to anything and input (and with scorpion anyway didnt matter if foward or backdash, mightnt be same other chars i dunno)
Yeah, this can definitely be sniffed out, it's not guaranteed like joker's, just saying that you have to account on doomsday being doomsday too.

SonicBoomBrad

Best Doomsday in the world
Both of these moves are hard knockdowns and allow for a mutual setup, whenever you hit with any of these ( sweep depends on the range, max range is the best ) You can dash in and neutral jump D3. This neutral jump D3 will be a deceiving crossup that reverses not the inputs but the direction of a wakeup attack, again, waiting half a second or so will make the JD3 not crossup, but wakeups will come out the right way..
Good stuff qwark. Made a thread on this with all the wake ups it works against and options for ones it doesn't a while ago. Hopefully it helps. http://testyourmight.com/threads/doomsday-mid-screen-anti-wake-up.35800

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Qwark28, PND i2 Gaug3, i was going to post those tomorrow, cause i wanted to test them a bit more. Especially the MB AS tech. I have spoken to Qwark and SonicBoomBrad about some mix ups i had found with MB AS. Imo, those setups are not to be used frequently, cause as Qwark said, a good back dash can beat them. But with these setups you can make your opponent respect your oki game, cause a back dash can be punished with Venom or Nova. You can even punish some back dashes, like KF's for example, with F2 to full combo. You can also do an ambiguous cross-up with a regular AS in the corner. I have also found something interesting with a B2 on hit as well. Next coming up: Nova mix ups from certain strings on hit.

EDIT: Damn Qwark, no credit for the MB AS? I have already spoken to you about it, before you found this with gauge.

Post edited.

PND i2 Gaug3

NERF Everything, LEAVE Nothing
Qwark28, PND i2 Gaug3, i was going to post those tomorrow, cause i wanted to test them a bit more. Especially the MB AS tech. I have spoken to Qwark and SonicBoomBrad about some mix ups i had found with MB AS. Imo, those setups are not to be used frequently, cause as Qwark said, a good back dash can beat them. But with these setups you can make your opponent respect your oki game, cause a back dash can be punished with Venom or Nova. You can also do an ambiguous cross-up with a regular AS in the corner. I have also found something interesting with a B2 on hit as well. Next one coming up: Nova mix ups from certain strings on hit.

I wish DD could dash over the opponents body! I want that buff

PND i2 Gaug3

I believe with correct timing he can. I m still running tests for this, but it might be character specific.

the same way that there is character specific stuff in mk its the same way there is in Injustice what ever you are testing dont test it on these characters their hitboxes are ridiculously small everyone else has roughly the same or larger hitboxes

Flash
Nightwing
Arrow
Hawkgirl
Batgirl
Harley
Catwoman
Frost
Raven

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
PND i2 Gaug3, i am currently using Grundy, Superman and Batman as training dummies. I believe he can pass above them with a dash with good timing, but it seems its pretty strict. I wanted to see if i can find out any "pseudo" cross-up F3 setups to incorporate in my game.

PND i2 Gaug3

PND i2 Gaug3, i am currently using Grundy, Superman and Batman as training dummies. I believe he can pass above them with a dash with good timing, but it seems its pretty strict. I wanted to see if i can find out any "pseudo" cross-up F3 setups to incorporate in my game.

Ill see what i can come up with

PND i2 Gaug3

I dont think that would work with DD cause of how it looks but i will try to get my head around it