What's new

Video/Tutorial LOTF Skarlet tactics

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
These are some tactics I'm trying to master. Please give me thoughts and feed back. Also if you saw me tonight at BnB please give me feedback on my gameplay as well

Hey FLY, i use some of these most of the time now, some players like to keep standing because they think if they do, skarlet will go for a down slash after they start blocking a string so, i use ex dagger cancel to jail them into another block string and fuels my meter.

i like the idea of f31 dagger jump cancel into a jail string and the b11f4 into dagger cancel, those who act fruity against skarlet mobility by trying to poke out during the mix ups will eat F4 punishment for breakfast.

Just carefull while you do b11f4 into dagger, due the push back, i believe its possible to let go block for a few frames just to let the dagger go over them, and if they see the slide they'll possibly block on reaction (i had to confirm this).

But this is Skarlet, everyone always expect the slide or down slash, is the safest thing to do, and its when they can get on the offensive.

I'm going to use the F31 EX Dagger Jump Cancel into the block string to see how it works out.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
Mosp

help the brother out

from one pad use to another

Ninj stay out of this you hitbox player you
I used my 360 pad last night in some online matches. PS3 pad I can deal with but that thing is garbage for fighting games.

Fly, solid setups here man, nice job!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2

Ninj

These are some tactics I'm trying to master. Please give me thoughts and feed back. Also if you saw me tonight at BnB please give me feedback on my gameplay as well

The only criticism I can offer here is that you're assuming that ex dagger hits, granting +39. This won't be the case in most situations at high level play vs Skarlet. I'll include these setups in my video for the situation where you do expect the ex dagger to hit, if that's ok with you L0rdoftheFLY?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
for ps2 pad users i find using the analogue for iad's is a lot easier than de d pad. start at 2 o clock and rotate as quick as u can i only start tryin it a few mins ago and got 4 in a row
...just sayin :)

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
So I use f31 because after 112 eh dc I'm at +21. This lets me get out a couple things:

F3-19 frames but at +21 so is free and hits spec mid
B1-14 frames comes out free and hits spec mid
F4-12 frames but is hard to hit confirm.

Because f31 is slower, if they are caught not blocking after 112 eh dc it's easy to hit confirm into eh dc safe jump. Also punishes on blocked moves like raiden superman and smoke teleport let you set up f31 eh dc also.

It's not going to work everytime but it helps train people to block and will mind fuck someone the first time it hits.

ryublaze

Noob
After 1, 1, 4, Red Dash on hit, if they block an air dagger you'll be at -3 I think and possibly more if you mistime the air dagger, then you can possibly be anti-aired. It adds more to the guessing situation, which is good IMO. I like it a lot and I'll try to use it more in my game. I have an idea you can probably add to this: Have you tried EX Air dagger? It's +3 on block and +20 on hit.

I've also thought about doing the safe jump option but I wasn't sure if it was worth the meter. You're giving up 1 bar to do equal or less damage than what you can get if you hit confirm it into full combo. Doing the combo leads to standing reset + meter build, but doing the safe-jump leads to blocked Slide + loss of meter. EX Down Slash at the end also takes up 1 bar. If they guess right and punish, you won't have meter for Breaker (used up 2 bars). I understand that the safe jump prevents your opponent from gaining meter due to blockstrings, but IMO Skarlet needs the meter more than her opponent.

I'm not sure about F3. Opponents will almost always block low after 1, 1, 2, EX Dagger so you would have to cancel F3 right into Slide (+19 cancel block advantage). The cancel block advantage goes down as you finish the F3, 1, 2, string so they can poke or jump out of Red Dash. If the opponent is going to get hit after 1, 1, 2, EX Dagger I think it would be better to do B1, 1, F4 (vs. low hitbox characters) because it leads into full combo without use of meter on hit, and gives enough cancel advantage on block for a Slide. But people who know how to fight Skarlet know they shouldn't poke after a blocked EX Dagger.

Thanks @L0rdoftheFLY. I'll be sure to try out all of these tactics.

Ninj

After 1, 1, 4, Red Dash on hit if they block you'll be at -3.
Are you talking about when he does 1,1,4,DF3 against someone who's jumping? As in the 4 in 1,1,4 hits them while they're airborne?

If you're talking about standing, a blocked 1,1,4 cancelled into DF3 is -6.

ryublaze

Noob
Are you talking about when he does 1,1,4,DF3 against someone who's jumping? As in the 4 in 1,1,4 hits them while they're airborne?

If you're talking about standing, a blocked 1,1,4 cancelled into DF3 is -6.
Oops I meant to say blocked air dagger.

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
I spent last night trying out the safe jump tactic. Seems like another good tool in her tool box, although as a staple tactic it burns a bit more meter than some other options. If the f31 is hit confirmed it seems to make more sense to finish out the combo into standing reset, then mixup of choice. Skarlet's got all kinds of mixups after the reset that we've all known about, however what LOTF found puts mixup into the BEGINNING of the combo which is going to be great for more mindfucking.

I like it. Skarlet's the most exciting character, people are always coming up with new things to try and do, its flat out exciting. Good work everyone :)

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Using f3 as a footsie tool is great. It is slow but can wiff punish hard and has more range than f4.

So on a wiff punish I'll do this to start a combo and it's like magic

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Maybe I've missed something but the f3, 1, dagger cancel can be poked.. Yesterday a smoke did it against me, I've got the video t.t

SaJa

FH_FenriR
What you mean ? If he blocks the f3, 1, he is able to poke (d1) the dagger cancel that's for sure.