What's new

Match-up Discussion LordHuntR Doomsday Matchup chart Opinion

Kinetic Balding1

Day 1 Phenomenal Cyborg
Back then I never knew how to fight dd with cyborg. You will waste all your meter only to be at full screen and Im rapidly building meter.
Ricky you said i wouldn't touch your precious cyborg but yet i beat your cyborg 3 times in a row. And at the time you agreed 6-4 but now that you heard another player say its 5-5 you believe it. Lol chasing a cyborg is def not as hard as chasing a Zod. I can deal with cyborg. Chasing is all doomsday was made for anyways lol
You 5-0 end my week 2 cyborg. My cyborg is much different now.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
So wait, what do people think the Batman matchup numbers are then? Of all the big body characters I main, I DEFINITELY have the easiest time against Bats with Doomsday so I'm kinda inclined to agree with 5-5 from personal experience. Not that it's highest level or anything but I can see how those numbers could make sense.

HuntR

"Getting stronger... Much stronger...."
These match up charts are getting out of hand. Like numbers don't even matter and I don't even know who this guy is, and all these numbers are so ass-backwards. Like if you think Doomsday goes 5-5 with Batman and Flash at this point you definitely aren't playing good enough players.

Edit: I just saw 6-4 Bane.

I still disagree with you. <3
SonicBoomBrad your comparing your DD to mine lol. You may not have heard about me because these tournaments are to far from me to go and college doesn't allow. I honestly think your Doomsday is trash

SonicBoomBrad

Best Doomsday in the world
SonicBoomBrad your comparing your DD to mine lol. You may not have heard about me because these tournaments are to far from me to go and college doesn't allow. I honestly think your Doomsday is trash
I wasn't asking for your life story. I also attend college full time while working 30 hours a week and still make it to my arcade 2-3 times a week. I have also traveled to an east coast tournament along with a mid west tournament. I don't really care for your excuses or what you think of my Doomsday. Shit I don't even play this game anymore. I was just pointing out the over-saturation of these threads along with not knowing who you are because I've never seen you post on the forums. That doesn't make you a bad player, just means I have no idea who you are. No need to get defensive and call me out. <3

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Lame excuse is lame. I used to work 60 hours a week, getting shit money, living in another country and STILL managed to show up to tournaments.
Please never use high level when referring to online kthx.

@SonicBoomBrad ur dd is trash tho :DOGE

Lame excuse is lame. I used to work 60 hours a week, getting shit money, living in another country and STILL managed to show up to tournaments.

Dude, showing up to tournaments is seriously not an easy thing. It's a huge pain in the ass, its a hard as dicks to adjust to when you have no offline consistency... kid's doomsday is hard to deal with bottom line, offline or online you play a long enough set you can tell whether they are solid or not. Going to tournaments is expensive too, gas, room, registration, driving really long times sometimes in nerve wracking areas like new jersey turnpike (which @CptXecution is a goddamn monster at, and i might be able to do but would proabably shit myself doing) which i would feel like i am seriously risking my car which is not easy. Going to a tournament that is 8 hours away is not always a really smart idea.

Especially if you have college payments and all sorts of shit... you can't afford a risk too your shitty college kid car... on top of that coming from online having to adjust is SUPER SUPER fucking frustrating... like i would go to tournaments all the time if i had a weekly like gga or the break.. I'd go to a tourney and never drop my bnbs because i would be adjusted to all that shit. It feels like absolute shit, when you grind out zodballs all fucking day for months, go to a tournament and your timing is all out of whack and they don't come out properly... its fucking obnoxious to know how you play and not be able to play the way you do... plus you have to adjust for timing in every matchup, when to punish and or block.. its fucking horrible

maybe i'll try to get my 2 hour away scene more organized and regular for fucking mk x but even then we don't have a large repertoire of players hwo play the game a shitload...

HuntR

"Getting stronger... Much stronger...."

I'm in a physical therapy program. So i really don't see it as a lame excuse. People who say online is lame i understand but I have never seen a player get worst offline. If anything they are better offline. If they are a force online imagine the force offline. The bane match up like i said is possible 5-5. I can see it but I'm leaning more in Doomsdays favor a bit. I left the option of it being 5-5 saying perhaps i haven't played a bane who just ran over or ever won. Anyways I'm sorry for talking smack to you SonicBoomBrad i heard you made a lot of noise at the tournaments too with you dedication....... When I meant noise i meant cheering for your friends who actually got far in the big tourneys. Lol

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I'm in a physical therapy program. So i really don't see it as a lame excuse. People who say online is lame i understand but I have never seen a player get worst offline. If anything they are better offline. If they are a force online imagine the force offline. The bane match up like i said is possible 5-5. I can see it but I'm leaning more in Doomsdays favor a bit. I left the option of it being 5-5 saying perhaps i haven't played a bane who just ran over or ever won. Anyways I'm sorry for talking smack to you SonicBoomBrad i heard you made a lot of noise at the tournaments too with you dedication....... When I meant noise i meant cheering for your friends who actually got far in the big tourneys. Lol
I think if the move Earthshake had a mind of its own and went online and played it would body everyone.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Dude, showing up to tournaments is seriously not an easy thing. It's a huge pain in the ass, its a hard as dicks to adjust to when you have no offline consistency... kid's doomsday is hard to deal with bottom line, offline or online you play a long enough set you can tell whether they are solid or not. Going to tournaments is expensive too, gas, room, registration, driving really long times sometimes in nerve wracking areas like new jersey turnpike (which @CptXecution is a goddamn monster at, and i might be able to do but would proabably shit myself doing) which i would feel like i am seriously risking my car which is not easy. Going to a tournament that is 8 hours away is not always a really smart idea.

Especially if you have college payments and all sorts of shit... you can't afford a risk too your shitty college kid car... on top of that coming from online having to adjust is SUPER SUPER fucking frustrating... like i would go to tournaments all the time if i had a weekly like gga or the break.. I'd go to a tourney and never drop my bnbs because i would be adjusted to all that shit. It feels like absolute shit, when you grind out zodballs all fucking day for months, go to a tournament and your timing is all out of whack and they don't come out properly... its fucking obnoxious to know how you play and not be able to play the way you do... plus you have to adjust for timing in every matchup, when to punish and or block.. its fucking horrible

maybe i'll try to get my 2 hour away scene more organized and regular for fucking mk x but even then we don't have a large repertoire of players hwo play the game a shitload...
Let me repeat it.... I lived in another country, with no money, and I still managed to show up in american tournaments. Plus, national tournaments were 5 hours away, I had to take a bus even though there's a warning about traveling via bus, since the cartels are kidnapping people around my area now, and I only missed one tournament in like 3 years. You don't have to go to every single one of them, but if you want to be taken seriously you kinda have to show people that you're not just abusing online shit. I'm not saying every single online person sucks, but if you wanna be like RaHelios and try to say you're better than every single top player then you are gonna get shat on.
Also we take the Jersey turnpike like 3 times every week and I think it's super nice. You should try driving in mexican roads, 1 lane 2 way. The classic.
I'm sorry that you're on physical therapy I know that sucks, but still, you don't get to talk down to people who actually show up offline just because you can't come. If you want to be recognized in the community, be a part of the offline scene whenever you get better health-wise. And believe me I've seen PLENTY of online people going to tournaments and failing to adapt. Some people (lol hoodfresh) would go to an event and not sign up because they knew they'd get bopped (and he did).

And let's take into account that Doomsday in particular is considerably better online...

@SonicBoomBrad ur dd is trash :DOGE Hair is top tier tho

Last edited:

Kyu

CHOO CHOO BANE TRAIN
No way in hell Doomsday beats Bane, or goes even with him. It's a 6-4 in Bane's favor. Bane can stall out Doomsday's trait very well with his godlike backdash and plus 16 b1. He outfootsies Doomsday with armored moves, d1 and d2. Post mb venom, Bane can beat out any of Doomsdays options with his own armor. The only option he can't beat with armored body press is a neutral jd3, which 99% of Doomsdays aren't going to do post mb venom. Bane stops any cross up body splash gimmicks with his d2, and Bane has a better corner game than Doomsday. I'd love to hear your reasonings on this matchup, but the Doomsdays I've played have been @Eldriken and @Saltface don't know his tag here. I've done pretty well vs the both of them, even or winning.

cR Biohazard

Team Torr
He uses my tech, so of course he is.

Also, is it just me, or have all the Banes gone away?
Grr retired or so I heard, Max swapped to DD and soon after sank into obscurity, and Polarbear on break.
:(
People who say online is lame i understand but I have never seen a player get worst offline. If anything they are better offline. If they are a force online imagine the force offline.
I'll just leave this here...

Last edited: