What's new

Lord Raiden General Discussion Thread

Szkarad

( • )( • )ԅ(≖⌣≖ԅ)
Do you know which one is it? The one to B12 throw or superman maybe?

Time to pick Jade for two rounds btw :):) :):) :):) :):) :):) :):)

Szkarad

( • )( • )ԅ(≖⌣≖ԅ)
That's cool. Seems like an easy one you will be able to use pretty much anywhere in the combo when you win. I hope it doesn't have any ludicrous requirements

xRantex

Rante Inferno
Hey guys so I have a question. How do you redirect projectiles off the lighting rod to hit the opponent? Such as df2 and bf1?

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Hey guys so I have a question. How do you redirect projectiles off the lighting rod to hit the opponent? Such as df2 and bf1?
Just hold the button down when rod is out, if DF2 strikes close enough to rod, it will hit. The redirected hit will automatically track the opponent and hit them if they are in range of rod, probably the same size as Amp bubble's radius

xRantex

Rante Inferno
Just hold the button down when rod is out, if DF2 strikes close enough to rod, it will hit. The redirected hit will automatically track the opponent and hit them if they are in range of rod, probably the same size as Amp bubble's radius
Kk I'm gonna test it out. So when I do df2 just hold the 2?

Szkarad

( • )( • )ԅ(≖⌣≖ԅ)
Cool. Finally a brutality that you don't really need to put effort into getting it. Just hit confirm last combo into superman

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
I've said this a thousand times before, but I just want the non amped lightning rod to stay out for something like 10 seconds. Raiden already has an option to recall it, since putting it out means losing his staff moves, and then maybe he could actually use it in combos or as a chip/zoning tool without immediately having to commit.

SparkySanders

Unga bunga dude
It’s cool when people have variations that make use of the rod (I can’t make it work)
I was watching a tournament and someone was using sparkport + rod and doing quite well with the absence of a combo extender. I wish I could remember who it was now.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
It’s cool when people have variations that make use of the rod (I can’t make it work)
I was watching a tournament and someone was using sparkport + rod and doing quite well with the absence of a combo extender. I wish I could remember who it was now.
I've thought about trying that variation, Teleport + Rod. I feel like it's the one way to try and make people respect the amped Rod because the teleport threat stops them from immediately waking up with a projectile or buttons. Plus you wouldn't need to worry about saving meter for launching with Storm Cell or Electric Current.

SparkySanders

Unga bunga dude
I've thought about trying that variation, Teleport + Rod. I feel like it's the one way to try and make people respect the amped Rod because the teleport threat stops them from immediately waking up with a projectile or buttons. Plus you wouldn't need to worry about saving meter for launching with Storm Cell or Electric Current.
100% was exactly the mans gameplan, no having to worry about setting up quick charge for the launches or risky d1 storm cells or any shenanigans. It was awesome to watch, I’m kicking myself for not being able to remember who it was now.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
I remember a non US player who used Rambo and tried to counter pick an Air Dash Kabal with that variation(Teleport/Rod) unsuccessfully, but it was grand finals so I imagine that player uses that variation. It wasn't a major or anything and I want to say it was a UK tournament

Considering Jade can glow through everything float has to offer it really should, and so should discharge...and...burst...
Well them the more the merrier I suppose but Float projectiles are low damage and look just like BF1 so it would make a lot of sense for them too hit rod. Not sure how Burst and Discharge would activate it. You mentioning it makes me want to see how Discharge/Burst/Rod works with Rod Bubble up

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
If Raiden is playing with Lightning Rod equipped against Sheeva, is it possible to react to her stomp attempts with amped Close Rod?

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Excellent question lmao I think imma test it have anyone tested this??
I haven't had a chance yet, but just going off of frame data it seems promising. Stomp has something like 66 frames of startup as opposed to about 26f startup for amped rod. That's a big window. The issue I see is whether stomp simply goes through rod, or how it would interact. I don't even know how stomp interacts with something like rod.