What's new

Lord Raiden General Discussion Thread

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I'm moving the discussion to this thread since it's more appropriate than derailing Marlow's combo thread further:

No, it didn't. It never happened.
You once mentioned that I'm good at noticing the details. If Raiden was dealing extra damage unexpectedly based on the character he was hitting I promise you I would have noticed it. However, the fact is you are unable to provide proof for your claim, and since it's something that would be easily verified and how we understand the game to work from a programming standpoint we have to assume that it didn't happen.

It doesn't matter if the specific combo you posted hadn't appeared in the combo thread until you posted it (which I doubt, but we can always check), the damage discrepancy would have appeared on any combo when using it between the characters you had listed. It's not as if nobody but you has ever used that combo either, so again this doesn't make a difference. Also, I can't really take your word for it since you got the combo damage wrong in your own post, saying it got fixed to 39 when it's actually 37.

I know you didn't, I was responding to the person whom I quoted for that part.

The number of hits Raiden's attack deal has never changed for the entirety of this game's release.

I think when you make a wild claim, fail to back it up, then double down on it that is also something that matters.
Yes it did. But they changed it. Ok that's your choice but I have reason to lie, and been playing the game since day one.

Ok. Usually people separate quotes but all good.

Proof of this? If I may.

I think you choose tonight or facts about the game when clearly patches change things. Also, with a due respect unlike you and your boy mandor at least I've posted vids, gameplay. Tech etc what have you posted yourselves again? I'll wait.

Yes it did. But they changed it. Ok that's your choice but I have reason to lie, and been playing the game since day one.
It didn't. I'm not saying you're lying, I'm saying you're mistaken.

Ok. Usually people separate quotes but all good.
I did.

Proof of this? If I may.
You're free to look up all of the various patch notes since launch and find that nothing regarding the amount of hits to anything Raiden does has been changed. I know this is the case.
Universally KBs got a small damage nerf, which of course affects Raiden's d2 and b2 combos, but that's all and still isn't a number of hits issue.

Also literally any gameplay video of Raiden that has been available since the first few weeks of MK11's lifespan until now will also show you that what I'm saying is true.

I think you choose tonight or facts about the game when clearly patches change things.
You mean just like how you can't provide your proof because of said patch? Your accusation here could just as easily be applied to yourself.
I responded to your claims when I saw them. I know that these values have never changed, so the proof is still on you and it's not my fault you can't record things like everyone else does using their console's record feature instead of relying on replay files that we've known are lost after patches for literally years now since at least INJ2.
Patch or not I would have responded the same.

Also, with a due respect unlike you and your boy mandor at least I've posted vids, gameplay. Tech etc what have you posted yourselves again? I'll wait.
You mean like the tech that I wrote that is literally at the top of this page? Or any of the other stuff I've been posting for the Raiden board including safe Quick Charge setups, a full Discharge punish sheet against every string in the game, and fresh optimals and various counter play tactics?

I've been meaning to contribute my own gameplay to the videos thread, but don't ever imply that I haven't provided for this board.
All of my findings are readily available in not only this thread but a few others. Go read them.

Last edited:

MKF30

I'm not mistaken, but we can disagree. No prob.

I meant when replying to a certain user under the same quote post but nevermind. Its trivial.

I know I can look it up but you made the claim so wheres the proof on your part?if you cant provide what you're claiming then you're mistaken.

No it's on you because I never made that claim, you did. If you cant provide evidence then you simply have no case.

Not everyone else uses capture cards if you've watched various channels, most use the built in DVR from what I've seen or stream live. But hey at least in actually post my own vids...

Discussing tech and discovering tech via video examples are two entirely different things. My example of the teleport cancle techs was found shortly after the game hit, nobody mentioned it nor talked about it yet on here. I'm not saying you have to post 100 vids just at least one. I mean you and mando always seem to critique but wont post your own gameplay. All im saying.

I'm not mistaken, but we can disagree. No prob.
You are.

I meant when replying to a certain user under the same quote post but nevermind. Its trivial.
Again, I did. His name is on the post I quoted, and my comment is right underneath. It's very clearly addressed to that user.
I agree that this is trivial.

I know I can look it up but you made the claim so wheres the proof on your part?if you cant provide what you're claiming then you're mistaken.
No it's on you because I never made that claim, you did. If you cant provide evidence then you simply have no case.
You're just taking what I'm saying and repeating it back to me. You made the overall claim and could provide no proof, my counter claim of the damage not having changed is 2nd to that. Why should I bend to your request when you can't even back up your own claims on anything?

Again, you yourself pointed out that I am good at details, so why is it so difficult for you to accept that I am aware of anything that changes for this character?

My proof also exists in every list of patch notes, which I do not have to go through the effort of bringing up for you right now, as well as any video of Raiden fighting the characters you mentioned that might be floating around on youtube.
A simple cross reference of any particular combo found in any video with a fresh example from the current patch would easily verify your claim, which is still the one that needs proof over mine. Your proof doesn't exist at all because the replays are lost due to the patch.

Not everyone else uses capture cards if you've watched various channels, most use the built in DVR from what I've seen or stream live. But hey at least in actually post my own vids...
It doesn't have to involve a capture card; your Xbox One can record and upload gameplay on its own, or you can transfer the video file to your computer and upload it from there. I can understand not wanting to upload everything immediately on the spot as it happens and you like to go back and grab replays as they're stored, but clearly this isn't reliable and at the very least you can make the Xbox record whatever it is you need, very easily, and have that stored for later when you actually do find the time or will to post it.
You have the means you just don't seem to want to use it.

Discussing tech and discovering tech via video examples are two entirely different things. My example of the teleport cancle techs was found shortly after the game hit, nobody mentioned it nor talked about it yet on here. I'm not saying you have to post 100 vids just at least one. I mean you and mando always seem to critique but wont post your own gameplay. All im saying.
Everything I post I discovered myself in the lab. I write it down, verify all of it through testing, take it into the field (online), and post it on here. All of it is perfectly usable and I encourage other Raiden players to use my findings and report back so we can further develop how this character can succeed, together.
I don't need to post a video of each and every thing I find when writing it out is sufficient. While I have no problem with making a video, and in fact prefer having a video example for people to follow along with, it's certainly more time consuming than writing things out.

I have been meaning to post my recordings but simply haven't gotten around to it, but my lack of putting it on video by no means invalidates anything I've found, which is certainly loads more than the teleport tech you keep bringing up, which many players were already using without actually noticing what was going on mechanically at the time (myself included, of which I give you credit for at the time you posted it).

Please let's not go into a pissing contest over tech contributions, it's petty nonsense. I don't post here to keep score, and you would lose here anyway, so please stop trying to force that on me.

Last edited:

MKF30

Nah, but I do believe im misunderstood alot on here by some users. I believe you dont believe me. It's fine you can admit it but I know what my eyes saw.

Whatever, all good different people quote differently I've noticed.

I never said you have no knowledge about raiden, I'm just saying that I know what I saw and unfortunately I had the proof but I dont have it anymore so now I dont because of the dumb game updates not allowing replay. Reason why I think its dumb is because it keeps the favs playback but dont allow you to play it back and watch. They may as well delete it with the updates automatically but whatever that's nrs for ya.

Yes I'm aware and I've done direct uploads from my xbox however for some odd reason gives me errors or no option it dont let me do it anymore, used to have the option for direct yt upload, twitter etc but it prevents me for some reason. Not sure why though. I could email or text xbox to call me, but its Not worth it.

At this point I dont care that much. I may just use my cam live or immediately record after capped matches as I've done in the past. I also have original xbox one model which a few friends told me could be the culprit of certain limitations but its fine..

Thata all well and good but if someone asks you to proof of something that you supposedly yourself found, anyone can say 'I wrote it down when I found it" not calling you a liar just making a valid point that anyone can say or do that and claim credit for discovering something even if it already exists or was found by someone else.

I am curious though, why are you against vids of combos, tech and matches again? I honestly forgot. Time? I mean you make the time to post s lot on here why I ask but whatever.

Well i have posted combos as well and some matches as well, but yeah I'm actually the more secretive type at first I was using that the first week but didnt say anything publically. Yea I know selfish but sometimes I prefer to keep advantages to myself at least early on but I also as I've said didnt see anyone else talking about it implying nobody knew about it since it's quite helpful for tw players.

I agree and not trying to keep score but I dont appreciate it when people try to lowball my contributions or accuse me of lying about something I know I saw with my own eyes. You do seem more reasonable than someone else here though I admit. I dont want a beef with you dude, all I wanted to see were vids of you showing the stuff you have found. Not to bust your chops but for others to see and learn from. But I know editing vids can take some time. I've done it with some of my vids not mk related in alot of cases.

I believe most here contribute.

I never said you have no knowledge about raiden
I never accused you of saying such anyways, so that's good.

Thata all well and good but if someone asks you to proof of something that you supposedly yourself found, anyone can say 'I wrote it down when I found it" not calling you a liar just making a valid point that anyone can say or do that and claim credit for discovering something even if it already exists or was found by someone else.
My making a video explaining my findings wouldn't be any different in this scenario if someone had already found them and posted their own content since they would still be the one with the older time stamps, so my not having a video for the tech I've posted is irrelevant when anyone can read it and go try to apply it themselves to verify the information if they think it has merit.

If I didn't find it myself I give the credit to whomever did such as the posts about T&L videos I added to the videos thread with their due credit. The things I do on here can be pretty easily checked, so if someone found the same tech I did and posted it somewhere first they're free to step forward.

I am curious though, why are you against vids of combos, tech and matches again? I honestly forgot. Time? I mean you make the time to post s lot on here why I ask but whatever.
Considering I just said that I prefer having videos to supplement tech findings I really don't get why you're asking me that. Yes, I also just explained that time is a factor; it already takes a while to test my findings and write it out in a clear manner without organizing and cutting a bunch of videos to go with it.
I like doing this but I simply haven't for this game yet.

I agree and not trying to keep score but I dont appreciate it when people try to lowball my contributions
You literally just did this to me, though.

all I wanted to see were vids of you showing the stuff you have found.
I will post vids eventually, but in the meantime you can test everything out for yourself to see if it's useful to you. The jailing tech can be used in any variation, so go for it.

Last edited:

MKF30

I never accused you of saying such anyways, so that's good.

My making a video explaining my findings wouldn't be any different in this scenario if someone had already found them and posted their own content since they would still be the one with the older time stamps, so my not having a video for the tech I've posted is irrelevant when anyone can read it and go try to apply it themselves to verify the information if they think it has merit.

If I didn't find it myself I give the credit to whomever did such as the posts about T&L videos I added to the videos thread with their due credit. The things I do on here can be pretty easily checked, so if someone found the same tech I did and posted it somewhere first they're free to step forward.

Considering I just said that I prefer having videos to supplement tech findings I really don't get why you're asking me that. Yes, I also just explained that time is a factor; it already takes a while to test my findings and write it out in a clear manner without organizing and cutting a bunch of videos to go with it.
I like doing this but I simply haven't for this game yet.

You literally just did this to me, though.

I will post vids eventually, but in the meantime you can test everything out for yourself to see if it's useful to you. The jailing tech can be used in any variation, so go for it.
Ok well I'm glad you can see that. Btw I wanted to say thanks as I appreciate the compliment for my past tech posts I forgot to mention it earlier in my prior post.

Right I get that personally, just putting s theoretical situation there since some people like to see vids on everything. Me, personally I can do without it but I definitely enjoy watching vids as well.

Right yeah I saw that the second time I read your post, would still be cool to see some vids from you in the future but if you dont want to I understand that.

No I didnt, what I did was simply defend my own vids, techs because I felt like you were lowballing my vids or something earlier. I agree with you though it's not a contest and you'll notice I never once said or bragged about my tech vids or matches being better than anyone else's. Just that I have posted some vids on the raiden forums that's all. I just want to establish what I meant. If it sounded that way to you, that wasnt my intentions.

It's all good if you dont want to, that's why I was asking not demanding it's fine. Yeah, I've been checking your posts out with his strings and jails, etc maybe I will.

I'm going to single out one thing from your post because it's important to me:

No I didnt, what I did was simply defend my own vids, techs because I felt like you were lowballing my vids or something earlier.
Yes, you did. Look here:

Also, with a due respect unlike you and your boy mandor at least I've posted vids, gameplay. Tech etc what have you posted yourselves again? I'll wait.
These two comments are very much written to cast doubt and undermine the things I have contributed here while making yourself look big. When you say things like "unlike you, I have provided video/gameplay/tech" and then smugly ask where mine is as if it weren't on the same page you're reading is outright stating that I haven't contributed anything and that you couldn't be bothered to even look.
The next comment, after I have backed myself up here, dismisses what I have said with the implication that I my findings, which are thoroughly tested and verified, are invalid if they're not on video.

I'm really trying to keep things from getting personal here, but when you go and do things like this then claim that it didn't happen, and even try to flip it around, it's honestly really insulting. I put a lot of time, thought, and effort into developing the tech I've found, because I want to squeeze every useful drop we can get out of this character.
Throughout all the debates and arguments I have seen you participate in, whether it be between you and I or another poster, you completely refuse to ever admit you've made a mistake on anything to the point where you're outright denying reality. Any time someone says something to you, you reply with the exact same thing they said and throw it back, effectively countering with "no u" as your position.
This is really not good and I urge you to take a moment to look introspectively and just admit once in a while that you goofed up instead of digging your heels in and derail threads.

I'm really asking you to take the time and consider all of this. If you apply some humility to the way you interact with people on here I guarantee you wouldn't end up butting heads with so many of them so often.

Now with that, this is getting off topic even for the general discussion thread, so if you want to continue this I recommend sending me a private message.

MKF30

I'm going to single out one thing from your post because it's important to me:

Yes, you did. Look here:

These two comments are very much written to cast doubt and undermine the things I have contributed here while making yourself look big. When you say things like "unlike you, I have provided video/gameplay/tech" and then smugly ask where mine is as if it weren't on the same page you're reading is outright stating that I haven't contributed anything and that you couldn't be bothered to even look.
The next comment, after I have backed myself up here, dismisses what I have said with the implication that I my findings, which are thoroughly tested and verified, are invalid if they're not on video.

I'm really trying to keep things from getting personal here, but when you go and do things like this then claim that it didn't happen, and even try to flip it around, it's honestly really insulting. I put a lot of time, thought, and effort into developing the tech I've found, because I want to squeeze every useful drop we can get out of this character.
Throughout all the debates and arguments I have seen you participate in, whether it be between you and I or another poster, you completely refuse to ever admit you've made a mistake on anything to the point where you're outright denying reality. Any time someone says something to you, you reply with the exact same thing they said and throw it back, effectively countering with "no u" as your position.
This is really not good and I urge you to take a moment to look introspectively and just admit once in a while that you goofed up instead of digging your heels in and derail threads.

I'm really asking you to take the time and consider all of this. If you apply some humility to the way you interact with people on here I guarantee you wouldn't end up butting heads with so many of them so often.

Now with that, this is getting off topic even for the general discussion thread, so if you want to continue this I recommend sending me a private message.
I was merely pointing out the fact that you two havent posted videos of yourselves...thats not not a lie just stating facts man. But please let's not pretend you guys haven't lowballed or try to put down my views either, I am not stupid and know whenever someone is being passive aggressive at times with me. I've modded sites before I can easily recognize the patterns and behavior.

So while I agree I dont want anything to be personal either there has to be a mutual respect even if we disagree with one another. Now I can do this but I can't speak for you two however. Can you? If you can great, if not we might have a problem then. Not going to sugarcoat it, I'm a direct guy so I'll be honest here.

See heres the thing what you consider a mistake I consider misunderstood depending on what you're referring to. I can tell when someone has a superiority complex with me now that post was in responce to you telling me I'm wrong, misunderstanding or lying which neither of them was the case as I've explained. Now I have nothing against you personally but I'm not a fan of whenever someone undermines my posts yet especially cant provide vids disproving such or doesnt want to. It comes off as very arrogant and elitist and I have a serious problem with that. Not to go off topic here but let's just say that was the main problem in my nrs topic between the mk 11 people and mk 9 people. It was a preference question yet it turned into a "my opinion better than yours har har" which was unfortunate but as someone who's been on here since its opened I can tell you thats classic tym for you.

I understand what you're saying but I'm saying st the end of the day it takes two to tango, I too have been playing not just mk 11 since launch but mk since its existence...I'm not some gender that just picked up mk 10 years ago so forgive me for standing up for myself if someone talks to me like I dont know anything in will take issue with that and admit im wrong when im actually wrong, but this was something I've already explained. I trust you can digest this and we can just move on now.

Now all I asked for or mentioned was vids from you, I never called you a liar or insisted that you're mistaken. As someone who's never said such to you I'm rather insulted by this assessment but you seem reasonable as oppose to some other people on here some of whom I've dealt with a while now or a few only since mk 11 yet they pretend to know me. Not going to lie that gets tiresome after a while, I mean thankfully theres an ignore option on here that I'll use if I must but havent had to in quite a while.

I'm sure we can come to an understanding.

Last edited:

MKF30

I don't apologize for being attacked, sorry you want respect you have to have mutual it's not a one way street. Simple request? lol dude you want respect you must give it as well...Ok, well I guess I got my answer. I guess Some folks just have to be right all the time shrugs

Also, LOL@ Sutter Pain dude gtfo you don't even Raiden troll....

Anyway, @Darth Mao lol what's up? Have you seen Raiden in the animated trailer? Looks cool. I hope they give him that move in future games flying around vertically with lightning.

Last edited:

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Raiden Truth and Light questions:

What is my combo from B12~Jo Push Amp?

What's a BnB rod setup? What's the gameplan with the rod? Restricting movement? Zoning?

Mandolore1123

Man of Science Who Wields the Living Lightning

What's a BnB rod setup? What's the gameplan with the rod? Restricting movement? Zoning?
Probably just F4~DB2 from B12~BF3 AMP

As for rod setups I don’t play that variation so I’ll refer you to @Marlow and his updated combo thread. Should be some tidbits in there. However, anything into rod on block is death.
Rod allows his projectiles to be reflected onto the opponent, granting an extra hit on top of the normal projectile. That extra hit is a mid and does around 4% on hit. However, due to the limitation in distance, the rod cannot be placed full screen, and if you shoot a projectile like this you will end up with only the extra hit making contact with the opponent.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter

B12 BF3 AMP F4 DB2 = 265.61 dmg. Pretty much any Jo Push the standard ender is F4-DB2. After DB2 you can dash forward and place a rod (non amped) that should be right on top or right behind the opponent. It's optimal to have the rod slightly behind the opponent to maximize the hits. There's more combos over on the updated combo thread.

Personally I haven't found too many rod setups worth doing. Non-amped rod is mostly just harassment, and with how slow Raiden's projectiles are you're lucky to get much more than chip. Amped Rod costs a bar, but again all you're likely getting out of it is some chip, so I don't find it worth it. Even if the opponent gets hit by the bubble you're probably only getting a jailed string.

But I'll be the first to admit my execution and creativity isn't the best, and it's possible there's some good setups in the corner, or maybe some ok pressure to be found after B12-Amped Rod on hit.

The most mileage I've gotten out of the rod (Phrasing) is doing amped rod after F4 or F2 hits, which combos into the bubble hit and typically leaves the opponent point blank next to Raiden and Raiden something like +18 to +24, so Raiden can jail pretty much anything, even his S3 which is + on block.

I think the general gameplan on T&L is about going for plus frames and setting up frame traps. Somebody in the last page or two posted some great stuff about all the ways Raiden can be plus after a hit and lead to more jail/pressure. To me that's the best way to approach T&L.

just picked the game up again after months - is discharge still the fastest move in the game even though its 6f now (aka all others nerfed to 7)?
and is jo push considered to have hitbox issues or is it ok?

just picked the game up again after months - is discharge still the fastest move in the game even though its 6f now (aka all others nerfed to 7)?
and is jo push considered to have hitbox issues or is it ok?
Discharge is the fastest special in the game, yeah, and since Geras' U2 got nerfed it's now also the fastest wakeup reversal in the game too.

Jo Push is just all kinds of ass in general and needs revision.

Nevan_PTF

All your mains belong to me!
Fellas, I made it to Demi-God yesterday! I set my goals and feels good when you're able to achieve them!

Thank you guys for the help, optimal combos, match up knowledge and by constructive criticism on my gameplay.

@Braindead - your beatdowns, lol, were key to improve as well!

Last edited:

MKF30

Fellas, I made it to Demi-God yesterday! I set my goals and feels good when you're able to achieve them!

Thank you guys for the help, optimal combos, match up knowledge and by constructive criticism on my gameplay.

@Braindead - you beatdowns, lol, were key to improve as well!
Congrats, I too made DG a few days back so I've been enjoying a few days off lol.