What's new

Lord Raiden General Discussion Thread

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
I think they would need to be adjusted to be better but I think Superman Punch and the Float special are super cool and should be in the real game. I would love to see Superman punch be a special with varying block frames, like maybe it's super unsafe like it currently is on block but charged up it would safe or even plus.

A cool buff I would like to see would be making Superman's KB come out at much shorter ranges, close enough to where he could charge up Superman after a block string and be able to Krushing Blow if the opponent gets hit. The move is slower than it was in past games so I don't think it would make it too worthwhile to just be yolo with it in neutral but it would earn more respect for the cancel while maintaining all of the past uses of the KB. And IIRC, it has to be a kounter/punish, I don't think that should be the case with the current speed it's at.

JontyHar23

Never Stop Improving

ruthlezz997

YOU TASK A THUNDER GOD!
I don't see what the big deal is. That silly Raiden player thought he could actually be somewhat plus after landing a projectile that utilized the extension from the planted lightning rod. Still, Raiden being anything less than -100 on hit might make him a little too oppressive, so it probably needs nerfed.
/s
He already got compensation nerfs for being allowed to have Jo Push. He lost his electric fly. Combined power of jo push and lightning rod is extremely busted and overpowered and IT IS making Raiden a highly contested pick in pro play and regular play. Having corner carry combined with all these awsome and totally not garbage tools will make Raiden INSANE. stares at Jacqui Briggs abuser jumping across the stage while comboing me and jumping in same time remaining safe on literally everything

Ilthuain

Lost in a labyrinth of egoism
I love the animation for Super Bolt and it feels badass using it. I didn't find anything noteworthy when I've played around with it though.

The floaty stance thing looked useless to me and the cloud move seemed equally useless.

If they want to reward us for sticking with Raiden so long they should mix teleport with quickcharge for a 4th variation and chuck some buffs in there too.
lol. Super Bolt + floaty stance + silly cloud is my preferred Raiden build.

It's not good, but it is really fun.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
Not sure if anyone has previously pointed this one out but I came across this on the buff raiden hashtag on twitter

Not game changing by any means but I tried all these yesterday and they work. Kind of a neat find I suppose.
Wait what? I guess it makes sense if it's measured by fly time before collision. Seems reasonably practical actually. You are in the corner a lot. Going to have to try it later.

A major complaint is how hard it is to get his KB's, but this one doesn't seem near as impossible if there is a way to combo into it.

**edit
Meh. It's looking too much like you lose damage by not doing a longer combo, or the increase is so minor it's not worth the second bar.

Last edited:

SparkySanders

Unga bunga dude
Wait what? I guess it makes sense if it's measured by fly time before collision. Seems reasonably practical actually. You are in the corner a lot. Going to have to try it later.

A major complaint is how hard it is to get his KB's, but this one doesn't seem near as impossible if there is a way to combo into it.

**edit
Meh. It's looking too much like you lose damage by not doing a longer combo, or the increase is so minor it's not worth the second bar.
Oh for sure it’s not worth the second bar, just nice to see that damn superman kb in a combo

maybe you’ll steal a round or set in a super flashy manner

Mandolore1123

Man of Science Who Wields the Living Lightning

**edit
You can get the KB in the corner using storm cell off any standard start if I remember correctly. But you do a minuscule increase in damage and sacrifice your 33 hit advantage and your second bar. Not worth it at all

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Not sure if anyone has previously pointed this one out but I came across this on the buff raiden hashtag on twitter

Not game changing by any means but I tried all these yesterday and they work. Kind of a neat find I suppose.
Nice, gotta love how NRS totally tells us this lol. I have gotten it in some air combos but not realizing how I did it exactly. Almost as if it randomly comes out. lol. BTW was thinking the other day about his KB's, that one totally needs to have a juggle. Would be nice.

SparkySanders

Unga bunga dude
B2 juggles dude lol @MKF30
But yeah another would be nice, or a normal that launches like Kollectors post patch. I saw someone suggest b14 launch and I think that would be tight.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
B2 juggles dude lol @MKF30
But yeah another would be nice, or a normal that launches like Kollectors post patch. I saw someone suggest b14 launch and I think that would be tight.
True, but how often do we get that KB? lol But yeah I mean if not a juggle then at least they can make it easier like KB activates on the third time Superman connect(amplified) I'd be down for B14 launch, would definitely make him more dangerous because I always mix that string up and tend to connect it most of the time.