What's new

Lord Raiden General Discussion Thread

samiorfali

Raiden Player since the 90s
I find a lot of ppl forget we have this thread and had some discussion on this topic.

He mostly needs frame data tweaks here and there, as well as hitbox fixes to certain moves so they don’t whiff.
FIX HITBOX OF:
  • s3 to hit crouch blocking opponents
  • F1 to reflect the actual length of staff
  • D2 so it doesn’t whiff on people neutral jumping
  • U2 same as D2
  • EITHER: storm cell or B12 so TW combos can hit female hitboxes the same as male ones, no reason for us to do less damage to females just because storm cell whiffs after B12
(Might be missing something here but these are just off the top of my mind)

Frame data changes:
  • Make lighning strike safer at full screen on block and on whiff. Doesn’t need to be super safe, just safer so characters can’t just punish him for throwing a full screen zoning tool
  • Bolt could start up a bit faster so he can check opponents’ projectiles a bit easier
  • F3/F32 made a bit safer (debatable since flawless block reversals add another layer of mind games, can do without)
  • B14 safer (acts to punish delayed WU and compliments B12 since B12 ends in a high), maybe the 4 overhead could be faster too since you’re using this to catch people off guard anyway
  • Maybe S2 made a bit faster so make it easier to jail into highs after pokes or F3 (but Raiden can effectively jail into F3 after poke or F3 on hit so not sure if really needed, 243 is the closest he has to an auto-shimmy though so if this is buffed Raiden might be quite good, NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION)
That’s all I have off the top of my mind.
Agreed. Thank u

I just want to say that I think making Storm Cell safe would be super cheap and it would ruin the character design. He would just spam d1-db2 like this was Injustice 2 with Shocker. F4-db2. B12-DB2. And if it hits, good damage and 60% corner carry. B12 is unsafe by itself to prevent him from getting free mid/full combo checks with that, just making DB2 safe is antithecal to his design. It would turn a meticulous and interesting character into a character for babies. And there is no character in the game who has a free auto hit confirm safe special into combo like that.

If you want to buff him, make the cool shit better like better F1 or slightly better cancel advantage on cancels.

how about instead of making it super safe on block, make it not end with a high that turns into a krushing blow 50% combo.
he needs serious help

samiorfali

can you please not judge the "tier" by frame data? raiden has no pressure, that is true. he also is not supposed to, he is a punisher with great range and movement. the character works, no matter how bad the frame data is. just dont try to rushdown.
People like you make NRS not fix raiden.
Who would even think to say not to judge tier by frame data, i mean how old are u?!!!
If wht u are saying is true then why arent except one raiden player in the top 100 ranked players.
Stop the negativity and support!!!!

rainuS

Prince of Edenia
Lol Just lost to frost 3rd variation, she received full screen divekick which is low and -7 on block.
No words. She can literally spam this move being safe.

JeffX

Remove armor on fatal blows now
Who would even think to say not to judge tier by frame data, i mean how old are u?!!!
If wht u are saying is true then why arent except one raiden player in the top 100 ranked players.
Just report him. That’s the most offensive post I’ve seen on here lol.

JeffX

Lol Just lost to frost 3rd variation, she received full screen divekick which is low and -7 on block.
No words. She can literally spam this move being safe.
yeah I posted about this a few days ago. There’s virtually nothing you can do. You attempt to grab her she does a d1. You attempt to poke she just blocks and takes her turn back. It’s actually worse than scorpions teleport in this current build in terms of bullshit. I had to switch to Cassie and won by f41 fatal blow only because the dude refused to block. Next game I lost a 22 game win streak to jade new fatal blow 50/50. Need a break from the game.

rainuS

Prince of Edenia
I dont get why they gave it to her this move is just dumbest thing in MK11 it covers full screen cant be punished and she dominates the air.
She canp jum like Lao and u cant anti air you cant do anything! Full scrren divekick being low and -7 on block is what negates footsies and this game should be footsie based.
Its super spamable braindead move why nrs why while we have to block confirm a 11f mid lol

Last edited:

JeffX

I dont get why they gave it to her this move is just dumbest thing in MK11 it covers full screen cant be punished and she dominates the air.
It also looks like an overhead, but nope it turns into a low it wiffs.

when I went into practice and actually looked at When frame data, my immediate reaction was fuck you NRS. And that’s still my reaction. A decent QA analyst would not let this into the main game. Couldnt figure out a way to punish the augers short of maybe a character with a fast reversal and a combo extension should be punishable most of the time.

Go on the frost page and they’re saying this variation is pretty fun, she needs that dive kick. Meanwhile Mandalore over here is doing everything he can to keep this Raiden as shit as possible.

samiorfali

She canp jum like Lao and u cant anti air you cant do anything! Full scrren divekick being low and -7 on block is what negates footsies and this game should be footsie based.
Its super spamable braindead move why nrs why while we have to block confirm a 11f mid lol
MK11 is dumb

Mandolore1123

Man of Science Who Wields the Living Lightning
He’s stating how the character is designed and how he is meant to play according to the tools NRS has given him. Stop this lynch mob mentality. He hasn’t said anything wrong. Frame data alone doesn’t determine how good a character is. You need to look at all the tools he has in conjunction with the game mechanics in context.

samiorfali

He’s stating how the character is designed and how he is meant to play according to the tools NRS has given him. Stop this lynch mob mentality. He hasn’t said anything wrong. Frame data alone doesn’t determine how good a character is. You need to look at all the tools he has in conjunction with the game mechanics in context.
ofcourse u r a liu knag player and dont want a better raiden frame data. yeah yeah ur right

JeffX

The frost Dive bomb is really kind of mind blowing. They should know better by now and they put this fecal stain of a move in here anyway.

Say what you want about injustice 2 but we never had to have these kinds of conversations. Sg teleport was dumb and so was pre patch dead shot, but a -7 low diviekick??? What?!

Mandolore1123

what if i play Thunderwave?
Besides i have to be charged first and not let her outzone me as Raijin.
She’s -7. You take your turn. Stagger F3, F32, B1,B12 fly cancel, B12 teleport, throw. If she’s blocking low then even throw in a B2. If she makes the right read then good on her. You wait another opportunity to start your offense.

JeffX

Punish with discharge.
Hey guys, if you were ever wondering when is it an appropriate opportunity to tell someone to shut the F up, this would be it.

This man is now defending frost’s dive bomb safety. It’s better than Kung lao’s and should be universally punished with a s1.

rainuS

Prince of Edenia
You are right just first time played against this variation and this move is just dumb af it disables footsies she can jump for free its even much better than Lao divekick. You teleport or press a button or whatever? Divekick. Low Blocked? Ok im safe your turn try your luck.

And MK11 is a footsie game with strong neutral? Not with moves like this.

Mandolore1123

Hey guys, if you were ever wondering when is it an appropriate opportunity to tell someone to shut the F up, this would be it.

This man is now defending frost’s dive bomb safety. It’s better than Kung lao’s and should be universally punished with a s1.
Or maybe you can play the match up and not complain about moves and variations put into the game just a few days ago like a pathetic scrub. Go into the lab and look at your options. Give the match up time to breath. We have a MU thread in this character forum. Use it.

JeffX

Or maybe you can play the match up and not complain about moves and variations put into the game just a few days ago like a pathetic scrub. Go into the lab and look at your options. Give the match up time to breath. We have a MU thread in this character forum. Use it.
In my experience, when know it alls like you start calling people scrubs, it becomes painfully obvious you’re a better keyboard warrior than you are a player. I main kabal and feel 100% confident that I would beat your Raiden clean, because there’s no tech you have up your sleeve that remotely concerns me. This isn’t trash talking. I don’t lose to Raiden because he’s all gimmicks right now and he needs more help than you’re suggesting.

There’s a reason dive kicks are universally punishable across most fighting games.

If scorpions teleport were safe on block or KL’s dive kick was safe on block I wouldn’t need a few weeks for the variation to breathe. Some things are obvious.

Mandolore1123

In my experience, when know it alls like you start calling people scrubs, it becomes painfully obvious you’re a better keyboard warrior than you are a player. I main kabal and feel 100% confident that I would beat your Raiden clean, because there’s no tech you have up your sleeve that remotely concerns me. This isn’t trash talking. I don’t lose to Raiden because he’s all gimmicks right now and he needs more help than you’re suggesting.

There’s a reason dive kicks are universally punishable across most fighting games.

If scorpions teleport were safe on block or KL’s dive kick was safe on block I wouldn’t need a few weeks for the variation to breathe. Some things are obvious.
If you’re so good then why are you complaining so much? It’s a divekick where the first part is overhead and unsafe and the second part is a low and semi safe. You learn the MU and counter both options accordingly. Either you stay in the range where she can’t do the dive kick without worrying about being punished hard, or you enforce your offense after you block the low and she’s -7.

You’re right though. You being such a good player means you obviously knew how to do these obvious things that every character can do. Yet you choose to complain with that guy instead of giving constructive advice and how they can potentially counter a move they thought was OP.