What's new

Looping Kano Unblockable BS

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
From f12~knife in the corner, you setup b1~amp db4 to place fire right in front of a character. On some of the cast, you can then loop unbreakable unblockables until death if they ever get hit while that fire is down. Other characters are too skinny (like Kano and Geras for some reason) and don't move into the fire when blocking, but they have a whole different issue of not being able to move except jump.

I don't know who this effects how and would appreciate it if anyone could do the leg work on this.

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
From f12~knife in the corner, you setup b1~amp db4 to place fire right in front of a character. On some of the cast, you can then loop unbreakable unblockables until death if they ever get hit while that fire is down. Other characters are too skinny (like Kano and Geras for some reason) and don't move into the fire when blocking, but they have a whole different issue of not being able to move except jump.

I don't know who this effects how and would appreciate it if anyone could do the leg work on this.

This looks stupidly good. Is it consistent on the characters that this works on? If so this is really fucking good for how easy it is to set up even if it only works on a few characters

Second Saint

This looks stupidly good. Is it consistent on the characters that this works on? If so this is really fucking good for how easy it is to set up even if it only works on a few characters
It's pretty consistent on the characters it works on, you can still do it after a throw, it works on a not small amount of characters, and the ones that it doesn't work on are still in a different kind of mess.

It's basically just putting them in a 50/50 at the beginning of the combo where it's 16% from the throw, or the rest of your life.

There is a glitch I've seen where you apply the db4, but it doesn't activate in the fire and disappears. What I think happens here is that the normal hits at the same time as unblockable would hit and takes priority, but that's a pure guess.

You may have noticed that he can get off the ground before the unblockable hits, but if you do it right, they get clipped and put right back into the same situation when they get up.

Second Saint

Characters I know it works on correctly: Kitana, Sub-Zero, Johnny, Liu Kang, D'vorah, Skarlet

Characters that are skinny bitches when they block: Joker, Kano, Geras, Noob, Cetrion

HiddenSelectCounterPick

Crossplay Username: PlayingNeutral
If they hit the ground, yes. The invincibility frames should eat the unblockable, but I can probably still punish. Same should apply to forward roll. It's why I don't want to launch them if I can help it.
I play that variation its very situational and you can get punished heavily if the tech doesn't work on them. I normally just go for the bnb setup. It's not broken imo. They need to learn how to get out.

If you don't have to lab against a character then are you really learning? If they have 0 options to get out thats when it'd be broken.

Second Saint

I play that variation its very situational and you can get punished heavily if the tech doesn't work on them. I normally just go for the bnb setup. It's not broken imo. They need to learn how to get out.

If you don't have to lab against a character then are you really learning? If they have 0 options to get out thats when it'd be broken.
Only point you're really going to get punished is if they block b1~db4, but even then there's so much distance a lot of characters would have trouble. The whole thing is definitely situational. You'd have to make them really, really scared of throws to get two solid hits in a row in the corner, just to even get the fire placement that causes this.

And even if this doesn't work as in the video, what it does is still worthwhile. They can sit there and block, jump out and get unblockabled, or try and counterpoke/anti air and get unblockabled. There's just no good choice.

MadPropz101

"I still got it...but not much of it"
I don't quite understand how the fire works, when does it actually become unblockable?

Second Saint

@Vslayer Sorry to say, this doesn't work anymore. The hitstun of s2~chemical burn doesn't force the opponent out of the fire, then back in anymore.

@MadPropz101 What was happening was that once it got started the hitstun of s2~chemical burn would move them out of the fire, then back in. In the first video, I'm just repeating that over and over with the s2 hitting just after the unblockable hits them to start a new combo. It was legit dumb, but it doesn't work like this anymore.

Last edited: