What's new

Looking to hire: work on a telephone operator style 3.5mm "breadboard"

Hello. I assume the Buyer's market is meant for looking to hire workers as opposed to something like "I want to buy a Beeshu Genesis Gizmo." (Or maybe it's both)

I came here because the "dragon punch" website is now "read only".

I am kind of klutzy amd have never worked with shop tools, nor do I have them.

I recently parted ways with my previous joystick guy. He did a good just until the last one, where i don't know if I misspoke/mistyped of if he mishrard/misreead. Some work was done but apparently not the way I intended it. Between that incident and the fact he's got a new hobby he's gone out of the joystick business (perhaps only as far as I'm concerned)

I notice that for all games that don't offer any in game options, I am looking for a user friendly way to remap buttons and joystick directions.

I know the handicapped gaming community uses 3.5mm cables to hook up items and to be extra flexable.

My guy made this 3.5mm telephone operator button remap breadboard.

My Facebook post has the pix. Look up facebook.com/Brian.Ciesicki

The first picture shows the box. The second shows the joystick it's supposed to work with.

The idea is there are 2 ins and 2 outs. One which works when left handed, amd tge otger when used right handed.

I may have conveyed it wrongly, but my previous guy had only one in and one out. Ins were db37 M and outs were db37f

I have a project for a second model to do later, so I'm looking for a "long term guy".

Let's just say, I'm not on the wood and wire working inside track, so I don't know the jargon. Also my design is a little experimental.

My original guy did one thing against my wishes. Which was wire the ethernet by color instead of pin position when hooking up a Paradise Cthulhu. It turned out only one machine worked, and that was the crossover worked right in one case.

Then when I gave him material showing there is an Ethernet A amd Ethernet B type cable, and you shouldn' confuse them, he finished working, and when he did, he did not believed it worked until he saw working.

Then he misinterpreted my wishes/i didn't convey my wishes correctly, and thus i have a half hired device.

If the wirework is accurate keep the wires intact and add a second DB37 in and out wired a different way. I'll explain the job more if someone is interested.