What's new

Looking forward to the Kenshi movie and to other 3D era characters explored

mattteo

Noob
Who else do you think is gonna be explored?

Well, let's see who they used so far.

They made the first Mortal Kombat Scorpion's Revenge movie using the original 7 characters, plus versions of Reptile and Baraka, Jax, Goro, Shang Tsung and Quan Chi. It was the plot from MK1 but more based in Scorpion and his revenge on Quan Chi.

They made Battle of the Realms using Shao Kahn, Kintaro, Jade, Baraka, Reiko, D'vorah, Li Mei, Kung Lao, Stryker, Cyrax, Sektor, Smoke, Shinnok. The plots were MK2 and MK4.

I am surprised they skipped over MK3, but maybe they couldn't fit the sideplot of Sindel's resurrection and Mileena's relationship with Kitana.

So the characters still missing from the first games are Sindel, Mileena, Noob Saibot, Nightwolf, Sheeva, Ermac, Rain.

In Snow Blind we see them jump to 3D era characters like Kenshi, Kira, Kobra, but also get glimpses of characters like Kabal, Tremor, Ferra/Torr, Erron Black and even Drahmin. (Maybe Jarek too?)

There may be a return for Quan Chi as the plot is approaching Deadly Alliance characters and plots. The Black Dragon is heavily involved so does this mean that the Red Dragon may be used as their rivals in the movie? Possibly. I could also see them using this Sub-Zero centric movie maybe to introduce Noob Saibot.

Who is left to be used? Well, I suspect that the Sindel, Mileena etc characters from Outworld will be getting a different movie Kitana-centered, to be fleshed out.

Next, we could have a Deception plot or Armageddon events based movie in the franchise. Which would be cool.

We have not seen Tanya, Fujin, Bo'Rai Cho, Sareena or any of her sisters, Nitara (in more than a cameo like in Scorpion's Revenge), Ashrah, then Shujinko and Onaga, Blaze, Taven and Daegon, who could be the reason for the return of Onaga like in the MKX comic and if we do get to have the Red Dragon depicted, then they must have Mavado and Hsu Hao as soldiers, the last one in a funny way. I don't see the Chaosrealm and Orderrealm characters fitting the story of a movie in the main continuity and they feel too few to have a story of them all, but with Havik getting a cult following I wonder if he would be used in a small role.

We will not see the kombat kids soon, given that Kenshi is very young, but 3 characters from the newer games like Skarlet, Kotal or Kollector could have episodic parts, not counting Ferra/Torr and Erron Black who will definitely be in Snow Blind.

I am excited to see all these characters instead of the usual ones and hopefully they do them justice as they delve into the Mortal Kombat mythology