What's new

General/Other - Smoke Looking for training partners

omooba

fear the moobs
By spending a bar of meter for armour or cross-over jump.

Smoke is littered with gaps lol.
you can't cross over jump and punish either b1 or b3 into smoke bomb both of which combo in the corner and he can spend a bar to make the overhead safe or be unsafe and combo the overhead mid screen

Noob
you can't cross over jump and punish either b1 or b3 into smoke bomb both of which combo in the corner and he can spend a bar to make the overhead safe or be unsafe and combo the overhead mid screen
Smoke's overhead is already safe lol

Yes you can, watch Sonic vs Scar in the last tournament.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
You can add me -
XBL - C88 BeefSupreme
PSN - C88_Freeebola << primary, don't play on XBL all too often.

I main GM Sub and ninjutsu scorp.

omooba

fear the moobs

or you can just show me it being punished in a video because i've tried multiple times and no dice. shit i'm trying right now and node

You can add me -
XBL - C88 BeefSupreme
PSN - C88_Freeebola << primary, don't play on XBL all too often.

I main GM Sub and ninjutsu scorp.
Hi lord beef , iam not very good, but iam learning, I play gm, would you consider practice/teaching session, I only play single fight CPU, not ready for online play for a long time but would like a sparing partner, who will be able to recognize my skill level(low), and practice at a level somewhat better than my skill level, to help me adapt, and as I progress, the partner will turn up the heat so I can advance gradually to the hi pace of the game, I know you online players are of a very advanced skill/knowledge level, if not I understand

Wolf92

Noob
Hi lord beef , iam not very good, but iam learning, I play gm, would you consider practice/teaching session, I only play single fight CPU, not ready for online play for a long time but would like a sparing partner, who will be able to recognize my skill level(low), and practice at a level somewhat better than my skill level, to help me adapt, and as I progress, the partner will turn up the heat so I can advance gradually to the hi pace of the game, I know you online players are of a very advanced skill/knowledge level, if not I understand
Hey I play a bit of gm sub as well so we can lab it if you like.

Hey I play a bit of gm sub as well so we can lab it if you like.
Yes that's fine, scottradasch is my ps4 name I will add you tomorrow, for weekly practice sessions, please keep in mind iam not any good, but I lab a lot, I understand the mechanics of the game for frame data application, I play CPU hard, and do well, but I need lots of practice against real players, I can adapt to the cpu( hard CPU comes at you like a bolt of lightning and does not let up) , I know you players online are real masters of the game for play, skill and knowledge, I need a partner who will gradually force me to adapt over time, and not just pound me so, thus not allowing me to learn, thank you for the response, I really love this game, been playing for 8 months, and love it even more now, I practice every day, CPU single fight hard mode and lots of practice lab hard mode(with super meter set to one) and learning to find openings by applying frame data of the CPU opponents, practicing open field and corner kombos , I have a mic, if it will help us play, it will take me a while to adapt, but I need to put away the thoughts of embarrassing myself which is putting an intimidation factor into my mindset, have to get over it.

Last edited:

Wolf92

Noob
Yes that's fine, scottradasch is my ps4 name I will add you tomorrow, for weekly practice sessions, please keep in mind iam not any good, but I lab a lot, I understand the mechanics of the game for frame data application, I play CPU hard, and do well, but I need lots of practice against real players, I can adapt to the cpu( hard CPU comes at you like a bolt of lightning and does not let up) , I know you players online are real masters of the game for play, skill and knowledge, I need a partner who will gradually force me to adapt over time, and not just pound me so, thus not allowing me to learn, thank you for the response
Yeah I'm always willing to help others learn, just remember to be respectful. I'm sure you are better than you think, you will get there if you stick with it.

Yeah I'm always willing to help others learn, just remember to be respectful. I'm sure you are better than you think, you will get there if you stick with it.
I totally agree, I don't need to win, I need to learn to play, by learning to play, wins will fall in place, I would rather become good and make great players earn their wins against me than win a lot against so so players, for me it is not about winning, but learning proper and respectful fighting techniques

omooba

fear the moobs

so far the overhead can be jumped and punish but not by every character and it's also very tight. the low i haven't been able to punishonce

Wolf92

Noob
I totally agree, I don't need to win, I need to learn to play, by learning to play, wins will fall in place, I would rather become good and make great players earn their wins against me than win a lot against so so players, for me it is not about winning, but learning proper and respectful fighting techniques
That's a good attitude, don't ever lose that mentality

BlackJackSnack

Bags of mostly water
Add me on Xbox if you ever wanna play!

so far the overhead can be jumped and punish but not by every character and it's also very tight. the low i haven't been able to punishonce
After you hit with 21 you can block the low or overhead followed by smoke ball then you can punish. You can easily punish with a poke if you can't seem to punish with something else.

I always thought the only way to make it super safe was to mb spear