What's new

General/Other - Smoke Looking for training partners

Wolf92

Noob
Potential smoke main here and would like new training partners and tips, I play on ps4 and Xbox one. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Add me. PSN: Nihonjintomoko. I know very well Smoke's MU, so I'll help you out. I play as GM Sub Zero.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Thanks for trying, any advice is still welcome.
@Revenant Zero . This fella is also a GM like me. You guys should play each other. ;)

You'll have to look out for Sub Zero's Ice Klone. Do NOT smoke out of corner or you'll get frozen spot on. Another weakness is the skydrop attack, which will be frozen in reaction. Try to zone him, or just do the Skydrop attack when he's NOT close to his Ice Klone.

Unfortunately, since meta-patch I don't have the other data gathered for Smoke.

Above of all, try to get him on corner. He has lost his EX Burst's armor since this patch, so you'll most likely see that they do YOLO slide, since it's the only one being armored wakeup attack. The slide can be blocked only low. No matter what, avoid the corner, since the corner is his game.

If you see him doing the slow animation for Iceball, just do neutral duck (meaning duck WITHOUT block). This Iceball is a mid that can be passed through, if not being blocked. If you see him do the fast one, block it or jump over it. This EX Iceball covers all sides.

I know very well Smoke's MU from my buddy. I played him as Sub Zero, and he as Smoke main, and this is why I know some of those weaknesses.

Good luck.

omooba

fear the moobs
Would you mind explaining why he is broke? I'm just wanting to understand.
broke is a bit of an overexagerration but the fake that he has a safe meterless vortex is pretty stupid and he's the only one who does that right now

Wolf92

Noob
I'll be putting together a king of the hill session tonite on ps4, anybody is welcome to join. Just send me a message on here or psn if your interested.

Noob
broke is a bit of an overexagerration but the fake that he has a safe meterless vortex is pretty stupid and he's the only one who does that right now
Smoke does not have a safe meterless vortex.

OP I main smoke: fiendbusa (Ps4/Steam)