What's new

Looking for help dealing with cheetah pressure

DeftMonk

Noob
I played against a cheetah few days ago and I could not for some reason defend against her strings that have throws inside them(not tick throws). I tried blocking the string then ducking the throw, jumping the throw, teching the throw and all to no avail...

Also is there a universal counter for both tick throw command grab options or do you just have to pick high or low and hope u guessed right? I tried labbing this out and couldn't get an answer figured would just ask here. Thanks for help!

DeftMonk

Noob
my apologies if the answer is really obvious or I was simply having hardware errors(my hitbox has been randomly swapping to rApid fire for all the buttons after last firmware update which causes simple input errors, or getting opened up while holding back)

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I played against a cheetah few days ago and I could not for some reason defend against her strings that have throws inside them(not tick throws). I tried blocking the string then ducking the throw, jumping the throw, teching the throw and all to no avail...

Also is there a universal counter for both tick throw command grab options or do you just have to pick high or low and hope u guessed right? I tried labbing this out and couldn't get an answer figured would just ask here. Thanks for help!
You have to block the regular hits, and then you can jump or backdash the throw part. Her only strings with actual throws are 12(throw) and b2(throw); everything else is either a mid or won't come out on block.

Be careful trying to avoid 12(throw), though, because the Cheetah player can start doing 112~db2 for a nice chunk of damage. 11 and 12 look almost identical.

DeftMonk

Noob
Ok so if u can block the throw that must mean my hitbox was in rapid fire mode and I forgot to check. I'll make sure to check and lab again later FYI if anyone else has the rapid fire problem with ur hitbox solution is to hold option button and hit each button one by one to turn off rapid fire.

DeftMonk

Noob
You have to block the regular hits, and then you can jump or backdash the throw part. Her only strings with actual throws are 12(throw) and b2(throw); everything else is either a mid or won't come out on block.

Be careful trying to avoid 12(throw), though, because the Cheetah player can start doing 112~db2 for a nice chunk of damage. 11 and 12 look almost identical.
So the throw part is unblockable?

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
So the throw part is unblockable?
On those 2 strings, yes, the throw is unblockable. However, it doesn't do as much damage as a normal throw. If you block 12, the throw only does 74 damage (on Competitive Mode Superman). The throw after b2 only does 55. So it's not the end of the world if you get tagged with one, it's just more frustrating than anything. They also only leave Cheetah at +4 and 0 Hit Advantage, respectively.

DeftMonk

Noob
Ahh ok I wasn't worried about the damage more worried that a skilled player would use these to set up some huge+frame situation. Thanks karaoke for your useful input here and elsewhere ;)

bishbash

Magic as easy as 1 2 standing3
If you think they are going to tick grab the best option might be to eat the hit then punish grab obviously this leaves you open to her other options

DOOMSDAY-15RUS-

i'LL DESTROY YOU ALL
Ok so if u can block the throw that must mean my hitbox was in rapid fire mode and I forgot to check. I'll make sure to check and lab again later FYI if anyone else has the rapid fire problem with ur hitbox solution is to hold option button and hit each button one by one to turn off rapid fire.
Do you have the official hitbox ? There is a possibility to put on rapid fire mode ?