What's new

Looking for a second character! Who are you guys secondary?

OwtQue

PSN: iiPuREWreQMoDe
I'm a Jacqui main and I really enjoy the up close, in your face approach that she has. But I'm also looking for a secondary character.

I'm looking for a character that can control space well, but has some sort of rushdown potential. I'm not even sure if that exists lol, I just want someone with a more rangey game plan that would be a nice opposite of Jacqui.

The rushdown game plan is awesome, but it has its weaknesses too (Jacqui having no projectile or full screen threats, as an example).

Who would you guys recommend?

OwtQue

PSN: iiPuREWreQMoDe
I'd think of 3 possible characters:

1. Cassie
  2. Frost
  3. Noob
I'll wait till the rest voice their opinion.
Cassie? What's her gameplan like? I haven't run into a lot of Cassie's online so I'm pretty unfamiliar with that one

Gamer68

Fujin!
Cassie? What's her gameplan like? I haven't run into a lot of Cassie's online so I'm pretty unfamiliar with that one
I could be wrong because I don't play Cassie, but from what I've read/heard/seen, I would say that she is sort of a neutral heavy character. Controlling space and out poking, keeping her strings safe with amplified moves, using nut kick to restand to deny the opponent wake-up attacks, etc. Not really rushdown but not really zoning either. Just balanced and kinda patient.

Pretty sure she has a fast mid kick like Jacqui, but she also has a projectile which you mentioned how you want.

Tanya-Fan-28

TanyaShouldBeInMK11
Jade is both keep away+rush down if you do it correctly. Her glaive options, edenian sweep make a good obstacle course and once they try to jump over it you can use her absurd range D2 anti air and go in with BF2 deadly butterfly (Which is incredibly useful during juggles). Her normals aren't safe on block so you kinda have to be strategic when timing but due to her range you can totally own if you want to keep them close or away. Her footsie game isn't bad which makes up for her unsafe attacks.

GothamInGray

Hanzo Main
I main Scorpion, so I was in a similar place to you, and I've taken on Kabal, Kollector, and Cassie as secondaries because they have ranged options but still excel at mid-close range.

Inzzane_79

Every time someone farts, a demon gets his wings
I also main Jacqui. My secondaries are Lui Kang, Noob, Jade and Frost (and some Shao Kahn but just because he Looks so badass)

Tried D´Vorah last weekend...…….the pain……..the pain is real with her

Jhin

"Art is worth the pain."
Haven't really decided who I i'm maining for the time being. I currently play Baraka, Noob, Liu and Frost. Thinking of picking someone else now, although i'm still unsure on who. Probably Kabal or one of the Khans

devdot4

Certified beginner
I like to play as all of the characters! But the ones I play the most are Liu Kang, Shao Kahn and Cassie Cage.

layer

i'm a song from the sixties
No other character has really clicked like it has with Jacqui and I jumped into training mode with all the characters. Maybe Baraka because he's gameplan is so simple and straightforward. Maybe Jade, but she's not that fun to me.

If rumors are true though I'll definitely pick up Ash. For now, eh. Jacqui focused for the forseeable future.

I main Erron Black.

I mess around with Skarlet (mine isn't quite there yet). I will for sure test Shang Tsung/Nightwolf/D'vorah once they are in the game (all potential secondaries or mains)!