What's new

Looking at Insomniac's new Deadshot theory

Chernyy Volk

Wolf lord, footsie bully, chronic corner abuser.
Insomniac's idea that Deadshot is now a corner push/50/50 mix in the corner character looks very legit. Here's some stuff I found initially that I found interesting. First lets look at corner optimization. If you find better than this tell me.

f23~bf1, b2~bf1, f123, b23~bf3 = 349.10
b12u3~bf3, b2~bf1, f123, b23~bf3 = 363.64
MB f3, nj3, b2~bf1, f123, b23~bf3 = 474.12
21~df3MB, nj3, b2~bf1, f123, b23~bf3 = 490.29

So, as you can see, his corner damage is no joke.

The damage is on Superman, although as I've proven recently the damage is unreliable to tell the whole story. I used Bane to figure out how many mixes in the corner it takes to kill someone from full health. You can EASILY kill anyone from full health, including Bane from max health, in 3 OH's+incidental staggers. That means bounce cancels, armored launchers and staggers + Deadshot's signature chip add to this.

Deadshot's corner carry is also not shabby. j3, 12, f12~bf3 has insane corner carry as a MBb3 BnB, and he gets substantial carry off d2 with ij1, 12, b23~bf3.

Will update, but I think this character is still great, he's just a new man.

Skedar70

Noob
Yeah this doesn't compare to other characters corner game. Its weak. Deadshot was destroyed completely just with a simple nerf to the only strong thing he had. The meter build nerf was enough but they went too far with him. I don't even play the character.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
I think he could still be saved by giving him damage midscreen.
I remember when b12d3 used to allow for a combo followup, prerelease. Things like b12d3, b12u3~bf1 were possible.

They took that away probably due to how good his zoning was. Maybe it's time for them to reconsider it to help his midscreen damage. Just an idea.

Kotal_Wannabe

AKA AndyPandy
I remember when b12d3 used to allow for a combo followup, prerelease. Things like b12d3, b12u3~bf1 were possible.

They took that away probably due to how good his zoning was. Maybe it's time for them to reconsider it to help his midscreen damage. Just an idea.
I play deadshot alot more now since his nerfs, I'm actually glad his zoning got toned down, he's a lot more fun to use. But b12d3 into combo would be too good and put him back on people's hit lists again. On the other hand I think he definitely needs more mid screen dmg to make up for his neutered zoning and meter build.

Revy

★ 19 Years of Jade ★
If they buff his mobility, startup & recovery frames on his normals and basic combos then he'll be fine. All they need to do is turn him into a toolbox/balanced character similar to Deathstroke.

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
Love how no one is talking about the op but how deadshot Could be buffed lol

Reminds me of deathstroke from inj1 a bit. From zoning heavy to rushdown. Would be interesting to see him being played that way.

Neeko

Noob
Insomniac's idea that Deadshot is now a corner push/50/50 mix in the corner character looks very legit. Here's some stuff I found initially that I found interesting. First lets look at corner optimization. If you find better than this tell me.

The damage is on Superman, although as I've proven recently the damage is unreliable to tell the whole story. I used Bane to figure out how many mixes in the corner it takes to kill someone from full health. You can EASILY kill anyone from full health, including Bane from max health, in 3 OH's+incidental staggers. That means bounce cancels, armored launchers and staggers + Deadshot's signature chip add to this.

Deadshot's corner carry is also not shabby. j3, 12, f12~bf3 has insane corner carry as a MBb3 BnB, and he gets substantial carry off d2 with ij1, 12, b23~bf3.

I feel like deadshots kit was made around his zoning being his best asset and having a DECENT up close game to back it up. Now that his best asset isn't his best asset I feel like I'm trying to use his plan b as his plan a and it can only go so far. Idk I've had success against some not so great players but he requires you to open up your opponent multiple times just to get them to the corner to open them up again to do actual damage. Idk it could also just be me not committing enough to the character. Maybe I need to just commit more to his new playstyle

Neeko

Noob

I appreciate you taking the time out to start this discussion tho. Almost no one is talking about the character anymore.

AkioOf100

I play Raph
They completely changed who he is. I think he should have remained the "best zoner in the game", because it's characteristic of him. But, the way he is now is still good.

Kotal_Wannabe

AKA AndyPandy
They completely changed who he is. I think he should have remained the "best zoner in the game", because it's characteristic of him. But, the way he is now is still good.
Guys, his zoning is still good, it's just not wc wc wc wc wc - MB low rifle anymore, you've gotta mix up your opponent with all his options. That being said I think his zoning loses to a few characters now, supergirl, starfire, fate, which is uncharacteristic for someone like deadshot. If they're going in the direction of nerfed zoning, Those characters should probably be addressed too, but given things that help them out more up close (except supergirl, she'd still be good)

Neeko

Noob

Just talked to insomniac the other day. He updated his match up Chart for deadshot and has changed his mind on him still being top 10. Now says he's around low b tier lol. So yeah this character needs some type of help. Whether it's buffing his zoning back or buffing his other options.