What's new

Look what I found...a f****** torch

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Raise the dead people, it's time for the Nightwolf of the world to stand up! Who dares to oppose me!

Let's talk about what we Nightwolf mains wants for MKX!

My wants (assuming he is similar to the way he was in MK9):

F2 is an overhead
Lightning has 5-10 frame faster startup...eh lightning is twice as fast
Arrow is worth a damn and eh arrow is worth a damn
F3 is a low
D1 is 6 frames
Axe is a little faster
Mb axe is +
Choke does more damage
Change a couple useless normals to be worth a damn standing 3, 23, standing 4
Reduce whiff recovery of reflect
Reduce his hurt box
@trustinme
@Big D
@AK TylerLantern

Last edited:

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Raise the dead people, it's time for the Nightwolf of the world to stand up! Who dares to oppose me!

Let's talk about what we Nightwolf mains wants for MKX!

My wants (assuming he is similar to the way he was in MK9):

F2 is an overhead
Lightning has 5-10 frame faster startup...eh lightning is twice as fast
Arrow is worth a damn and eh arrow is worth a damn
F3 is a low
D1 is 6 frames
Axe is a little faster
Mb axe is +
Choke does more damage
Change a couple useless normals to be worth a damn standing 3, 23, standing 4
Reduce whiff recovery of reflect
Reduce his hurt box
@trustinme
@Big D
@AK TylerLantern
Definitely agree with f3 being a low, reducing the whiff recovery of reflect and axe being a little faster, but I also think there should be less whiff recovery on lightning too (not too bothered about it starting up faster) and I would've said that the pushback on :ex axe makes it fine on block. Can you manipulate the arrow to move up/down or am I just making that up? I don't really know enough about the rest to comment on :rolleyes:

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Definitely agree with f3 being a low, reducing the whiff recovery of reflect and axe being a little faster, but I also think there should be less whiff recovery on lightning too (not too bothered about it starting up faster) and I would've said that the pushback on :ex axe makes it fine on block. Can you manipulate the arrow to move up/down or am I just making that up? I don't really know enough about the rest to comment on :rolleyes:
no you can't manipulate the arrow at all. literally the worst projectile in the game. Make it like Green Arrow's or Kratos'

If he had a 6 frame d1 or d3 I would agree with the eh axe being neutral...but with him have the slowest d1/d3, other characters beat him out after it always...Im talking about making it +3 for the love of god...same with eh shoulder.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
no you can't manipulate the arrow at all. literally the worst projectile in the game. Make it like Green Arrow's or Kratos'

If he had a 6 frame d1 or d3 I would agree with the eh axe being neutral...but with him have the slowest d1/d3, other characters beat him out after it always...Im talking about making it +3 for the love of god...same with eh shoulder.
What is it I'm thinking of then? There's someone that shoots an arrow like Nightwolfs but it can be manipulated to move up or down...maybe it's a different character/game :confused:
Ex shoulder is a pain when people can just poke out of it -_-

LionHeart

Whisper within a sigh
Guys, don't ask for things before the game's out, because NRS might put them in and then people will cry for nerfs.

Just ask them before the final DLC character is revealed so they'll be included in the final patch :DOGE

Noob
When I first played MK9 I picked up NW immediately and really liked him. These are the things I felt he needed:

F3 hits low, giving his opponent a reason to block low. Give him the ability to cancel his lightning the way Jax can cancel his ground pound. This will bait jumps and present more options for his anti-air combos.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
When I first played MK9 I picked up NW immediately and really liked him. These are the things I felt he needed:

F3 hits low, giving his opponent a reason to block low. Give him the ability to cancel his lightning the way Jax can cancel his ground pound. This will bait jumps and present more options for his anti-air combos.
Yea I would line this as long as it's not too much like jax...otherwise I'd just play jax. Lol

godlike thread name fly , i remember that passing the torch thread :DOGE
At least someone does. Saucy jack beat me 3-0 at final round so I'm not allowed to pick him again for the rest of mk9s life...but MKX is different.
Nightwolf is dead and stay that way.Maybe another indian some kind..
maybe a relative of Nightwolf?

It made absolutely no sense to me that F3 wasn't a low haha. I hope they actually make his animations properly hit high/medium/low based on how they look.
It's called TOE STOMP! Don't get Me started.

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
Great thread @AK L0rdoftheFLY this Is a topic I've been thinking about for a number of months now and I 100% agree with ur list.especially ex axe being + on block,at least then he would have some sort of pressure system.i love the idea of f2 being a overhead aswell.as for the fucking arrow,I have no idea,that thing is a piece of shit.
I've always like the idea of being able to cancel the lightning but fear it would be slightly op.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Love you fly, and youre NW. But why do you you think his normals and attack strings are going to be anything like MK9? We'll have a new engine and physics and game speed. Look at his normals in MKD compared to MK9. It's like a completely different character.

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
Ok who here has the balls to bring a tomahawk to a tourney?, Just soak that bitch with gasoline, light it up, and hold it in the air for at least 10 seconds.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
Love you fly, and youre NW. But why do you you think his normals and attack strings are going to be anything like MK9? We'll have a new engine and physics and game speed. Look at his normals in MKD compared to MK9. It's like a completely different character.
i like his nightwing too :DOGE

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Nightwolf was fine, you just had to be good with him.
Damn...got me

I don't know. I'm just praying they keep some shred of the MK9 meta game so we can build in something instead of starting over every 3-4 years.
Great thread @AK L0rdoftheFLY this Is a topic I've been thinking about for a number of months now and I 100% agree with ur list.especially ex axe being + on block,at least then he would have some sort of pressure system.i love the idea of f2 being a overhead aswell.as for the fucking arrow,I have no idea,that thing is a piece of shit.
I've always like the idea of being able to cancel the lightning but fear it would be slightly op.
Thank you sir!
Ok who here has the balls to bring a tomahawk to a tourney?, Just soak that bitch with gasoline, light it up, and hold it in the air for at least 10 seconds.
me and pig made a final round video 2 years back and I held a tomahawk while on video the whole time.

Shin blanka called pig and said that he needs to make sure i know that weapons were not allowed. Like he was dead serious.
damn lol are drop your character matches gonna make a return in mk X?
I hope so
i like his nightwing too :DOGE
Was going to say thanks till I saw doggie face...thanks?

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
I never played MK, but it would only make sense if characters that are included from MK9 in the new version had a lot of the same strings/normals.

No reason not to carry some of them over, as it makes creating the character easier and lets players who are familiar with MK9 feel more comfortable.