What's new

Guide - Stunt Double Loli-Zero's Stunt Double Guide

Here's my evernote for Stunt Double. It includes a basic breakdown of the variation, as well as a list of BnB's I use. If you find something that seems blatantly wrong, just reply and I can take a look at it for editing. I edit it anytime I find something new.

http://www.evernote.com/l/AfpC4LgJHG1GNIXvnQZkaTtqSPdOV3F4BnA/

I think Stunt Double is the best variation, or at least will be in the future. A-list looks like it might be better in a small portion of matchups though, and certainly isn't bad. I think Stunt Double will be high tier down the line if it doesn't receive any nerfs though. Just my opinion.

If you have any questions follow me @Loli_zero on twitter.

Last edited:

DavS13

Noob
Here's my evernote for Stunt Double. It includes a basic breakdown of the variation, as well as a list of BnB's I use. If you find something that seems blatantly wrong, just reply and I can take a look at it for editing. I edit it anytime I find something new.

http://www.evernote.com/l/AfpC4LgJHG1GNIXvnQZkaTtqSPdOV3F4BnA/

I think Stunt Double is the best variation, or at least will be in the future. A-list looks like it might be better in a small portion of matchups though, and certainly isn't bad. I think Stunt Double will be high tier down the line if it doesn't receive any nerfs though. Just my opinion.

If you have any questions follow me @Loli_zero on twitter.
How do you like to pressure after a nutpunch ender? Do you use his EX forceball at all for frame traps?

How do you like to pressure after a nutpunch ender? Do you use his EX forceball at all for frame traps?
The mixup section cover's post nutpunch stuff. I don't like EX forceball for pressure because both hits are high.

Edit: I just tested. The second one says high but hits crouchers, and some blockstrings will jail them so both hits make contact. So maybe I'll mess with it some more. But I don't like the idea of using meter that way in theory.

DavS13

Noob
The mixup section cover's post nutpunch stuff. I don't like EX forceball for pressure because both hits are high.

Edit: I just tested. The second one says high but hits crouchers, and some blockstrings will jail them so both hits make contact. So maybe I'll mess with it some more. But I don't like the idea of using meter that way in theory.
I read your section on mixups, what I mean is what do you do directly after a nutpunch? You know like in mk9 you would cross them over and jail them with a 11F1 or F33EXforceball, which you cant normally do during pressure because both can be ducked. Maybe you can do something similar with the force ball?

Just do 11. They can't duck the 1st hit, only the second. Go from 11 into your 50/50. If you find someone is always holding down so they can duck the second hit, then just do a raw F24, or 1 F24.

I don't think he can jail with jump-ins or ex fireball to guarantee it anyway in this one. Ex fireball is 0 on block.

You can however use EX clone DB1, and force them to stand during both hits of 11. That's a lot of resources though.

Last edited: