What's new

Lol Boon is ruthless

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
new mortal kombat may not be in maybe more than 5 years maybe even much more than that. They planning support game longer and there possibility of branching out of the figthing genre that will increase time.

Nobody would even care about Mileena at that point and they easy would get away with Hsu Sao'ing Mileena. Noob saibot and Jade at least were in mobile MKx. Mileene get nothing, but laughing at her.

At this point I believe Ed Boon and Netherealm despise mileena and mileena fans.

There, i said it.

:p

KCJ506

Noob
This negative response over Mileena is overblown

Baraka, Smoke, Noob, and Jade were not in MKX

I dont think there was a massive salt factory being poured out for MKX when people found out there character wasnt in the game.
Hell people claim that they're cancelling their pre-orders or they won't be getting MK11 simply because Mileena won't be in. The people that are actually serious about boycotting a game because it's missing one particular character or two are likely in the minority. As in addition to those characters you mentioned, MKX also didn't have Sindel, Rain, Kabal or any cyborgs and people said they wouldn't get it. Yet it ended up being the top selling game of 2015 for about four months straight.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
The problem is that some fans kept being rude about it and asking for characters in inappropriate places.

Like there were people requesting Mileena in the Twitter thread where Boon was paying respects to Luke Perry after his passing.
...oh.

Well, damn. That is a bit much.

Also, while I'm not a fan at all of trolling in any capacity, people are taking this WAY too fucking seriously. Mileena has been in seven of the ten MK installments so far, and (pointing it out again) had once of the most iconic deaths the entire series in MKX. You all have literally nothing to complain about.

Silver_Shadow

Crazy Mexican
...oh.

Well, damn. That is a bit much.

Also, while I'm not a fan at all of trolling in any capacity, people are taking this WAY too fucking seriously. Mileena has been in seven of the ten MK installments so far, and (pointing it out again) had once of the most iconic deaths the entire series in MKX. You all have literally nothing to complain about.
Well going by that logic it's time for Kitana and Sonya to take a break for MK12. It's only fair since both have been in 9/10 past games, more than Mileena.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Well going by that logic it's time for Kitana and Sonya to take a break for MK12. It's only fair since both have been in 9/10 past games, more than Mileena.
If there is an MK12, I hope you're right. I'm gonna love this game just by merit of its gameplay alone, but there are too many people I want to see that'll probably never be seen again if MK11 is expanded on and this is the start of the end.

Nowhere near as ruthless as when he dedicated a literal character reveal page to avatar related (for MK9/2011), proceeded to reveal each character highlighted on said reveal pages, then summarily 404'd the site before the last character (avatar related) was revealed... And left the rest be relegated to ignominious, non-playable character history.

:coffee:

SUPAHJD

Horror Guest Shill
Ed Boon bringing up Smash reminds me of a game with a director that doesn't insult his fans and will probably be loved more than he ever was.

Oops.

SUPAHJD

Horror Guest Shill
Your recent replies to three Mileena/roster-related threads imply you are quite upset.
I enjoy talking shit. That's for sure. I genuinely like Boon. I just think he's more of a disrespectful to his fanbase type shit where Sakurai knows what /trolling/ is.

I'm not even upset about the Mileena thing. I genuinely promise I didn't care about her up until he did that -throw shade at some of the fanbase- shit. I'm irritated with the Mortal Kombat fanbase for acting like NRS has done/is doing no wrong. But I am in a forum called Test Your Might, so I'd get it.

Edit: Nah, I just gotta clarify. Boon makes me laugh but NRS fans hype his shit up too much. Dude is basic. Yeah, he'll get his clever jokes in but then he'll be the type to act like he gets victimized as a developer. Sakurai does his trolling tastefully and smart. And Boon is a /joke/ compared to Katsuhiro Harada who directly and boldly tells people they're wrong about shit.

Last edited:

trufenix

bye felicia
Glad I'm not a Mileena player.

I'll never understand the need for the salt in the wound trolling. Just my opinion.
Even if the fan reaction wasn't completely outrageous we are still talking about the guy who invented mortal Kombat. You know the game where after the match you get a free troll the opponent opportunity every single time?

trufenix

bye felicia
I enjoy talking shit. That's for sure. I genuinely like Boon. I just think he's more of a disrespectful to his fanbase type shit where Sakurai knows what /trolling/ is.

I'm not even upset about the Mileena thing. I genuinely promise I didn't care about her up until he did that -throw shade at some of the fanbase- shit. I'm irritated with the Mortal Kombat fanbase for acting like NRS has done/is doing no wrong. But I am in a forum called Test Your Might, so I'd get it.

Edit: Nah, I just gotta clarify. Boon makes me laugh but NRS fans hype his shit up too much. Dude is basic. Yeah, he'll get his clever jokes in but then he'll be the type to act like he gets victimized as a developer. Sakurai does his trolling tastefully and smart. And Boon is a /joke/ compared to Katsuhiro Harada who directly and boldly tells people they're wrong about shit.
Man you can't even backpedal right. I bet you got a wishlist for the next game you're gonna get mad about already dreamed up.

SUPAHJD

Horror Guest Shill
Man you can't even backpedal right. I bet you got a wishlist for the next game you're gonna get mad about already dreamed up.
Hop off thy cock.

I disagree with roster size and Boon's "I'll poke the bear already mad and wonder why it gets madder" ass decisions.

trufenix

bye felicia
Hop off thy cock.

I disagree with roster size and Boon's "I'll poke the bear already mad and wonder why it gets madder" ass decisions.
I forgot angry fans can post whatever they want but Boon and anyone who agrees with him can't. My bad.

Thanks for suffering through another game you disagree with for us though.

SUPAHJD

Horror Guest Shill
I forgot angry fans can post whatever they want but Boon and anyone who agrees with him can't. My bad.

Thanks for suffering through another game you disagree with for us though.
Of course you can. But you all act like angry people can't say shit either. The fuck.

"Suffering through." Nah. I love Mortal Kombat gameplay and I got some really good choices here to play as. Only thing I'll suffer through is wondering if I should grow attached to any character since this poor indie company might cut them if they aren't the OGs from MK1.

SINGH E

Noob
Ed is a G, that's all I have to say. His trolling has reached savage heights lol!!!

Though I'm sure Mileena will be DLC down the line as they plan to support the game a lot longer than previous NRS titles.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
This negative response over Mileena is overblown

Baraka, Smoke, Noob, and Jade were not in MKX

I dont think there was a massive salt factory being poured out for MKX when people found out there character wasnt in the game.
Pretty sure there was. Especially Baraka and Rain. But Jade too.

Then they gave Alien some Baraka arms.

And Kitana had Jade’s staff.

Now we have Erron Black with Reptile’s acid, Kitana with Mileena’s sai...

Same kind of thing repeating itself. People just feel insulted to see their favorite characters deduced down to a move/weapon for another character. It’d be more acceptable if they were just absent completely.

I mean, I’m a Mileena main. I wanted her in MK11, as any fan does with their character, but not to the point of whining and crying about it constantly. I accepted her absence, and started focusing on Jade. Then to see the sai and tele-kick used by Kitana... that just felt like a low blow. Let Kitana be Kitana. Don’t pander to Mileena fans with a couple of pity moves, thinking that will appease them. It just makes it worse.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
This whole "Mileena fans are overreacting" thing sounds to predominantly be happening on Twitter. I don't particularly use Twitter so when I read all of this backlash here or on Discord about the ungrateful ass "Mileena community", I didn't understand. Now I get it. So if you were confused af about the whole "salty Mileena community", hopefully that gives some context.

Blizer

Cheap Kollector Rip Off
This whole "Mileena fans are overreacting" thing sounds to predominantly be happening on Twitter. I don't particularly use Twitter so when I read all of this backlash here or on Discord about the ungrateful ass "Mileena community", I didn't understand. Now I get it. So if you were confused af about the whole "salty Mileena community", hopefully that gives some context.
Yeah, it's also really bad on Gamefaqs (Worse than twitter tbh)

people coming out of the wood works for this lul

SUPAHJD

Horror Guest Shill
Yeah, it's also really bad on Gamefaqs (Worse than twitter tbh)

people coming out of the wood works for this lul
While I definitely have my issues with Boon and people only encouraging Mileena fans to get this pissed.

I do have my issues with them too. To say preorder cancelled and such over this is a stretch. I really didn't know people had this much of a love for any MK character. I only say this because I always found MK's lore to be...kinda bad in a series where it was always hard to attach to anyone.

I'm really on the fence because Boon does piss me off. On one hand, they have to wait until the next game. On the other hand, okay, so did Jade fans if they exist to this extent and they didn't react nearly the same. On the other hand, Boon learns nothing and his team still does the little jabs they do with shit like the sais and the tweets.

It's like two sides that will never let things go and the war won't stop. Once the game drops, the discussion about the game will probably flood the Milenna topics out. Or until they announce her in as DLC.