What's new

Local Scene Love

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Recently been thinking about our scene. It's small but there's a lot of love because we all love fighting games.

I wanted to make a thread to show who these local scenes are. I've been living in my area for over 7 years and JUST found out Super Arcade, https://twitter.com/SuperDojo, is near my area that has DAILY tournaments with streams. In a way, it's sad because I wished I would have known waaaaaay sooner so I could show my support then, but I do now. I watch their streams, I went to visit to show my support because that's what it's all about.

@Ragnarök Tyr has THE VOID having Righteous MKX tournaments as well as hype Soul Calibur 6 tournaments on stream.

Maybe there's a local scene you or others did not know about for a game you love playing. Let's inform each other!

If you care to shed some light on any FG local scene/arcade/stream, please post it here. ANY type of information from tournament streams, to arcades in your area you know, to small weekly/monthly tournaments, anything that will show awareness. If you love this scene and want it to grow, you have to support your own from the grassroots which are locals and our own community.

LOOOOOVE to see what you guys have to share :)

Stay Righteous ;)

undergroundvgt

the salt shaker
i have two local scenes in my area but they play games im not good at lol. so i plan on starting my own!!! im thinking about probably waiting til mortal kombat 11 comes out but i was also thinking about doing like a mortal injustice tourney until mortal kombat comes out. who knows anyway great post

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
i have two local scenes in my area but they play games im not good at lol. so i plan on starting my own!!! im thinking about probably waiting til mortal kombat 11 comes out but i was also thinking about doing like a mortal injustice tourney until mortal kombat comes out. who knows anyway great post
Boston represent let’s go for mk11!
Pittsburgh has a good local scene. Buffalo too. Hmu for info if near those areas
Any links of their streams or websites of these locals? Somebody could benefit from this information just by simply being aware of these scenes :)

@JBeezYBabY

Super Arcade has a day dedicated to NRS games, which they play INJ2 & MKX.

Here's a video of it:

I cant view vids at work HA! But i know they have dedicated nights to certain games. Fridays they do either Tekken or Soul Calibur. And im pretty sure once MK11 comes out, it will be hella poppin'! You live in Socal too ?Quesiton mark?

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
Boston area here too. Not sure if there's much of an NRS scene, but I'm still new. As far as local tourneys and streams, there is Game Underground in Waltham, but from what I've seen, almost no NRS representation. Definitely worth trying to get some MK11 action started though.
There’s an mkx tourney at game underground in March, injustice 2 also. See if I can sharpen up my shaolin Jin in time

Joy Boy

Noob
Boston area here too. Not sure if there's much of an NRS scene, but I'm still new. As far as local tourneys and streams, there is Game Underground in Waltham, but from what I've seen, almost no NRS representation. Definitely worth trying to get some MK11 action started though.
Yeah Game Underground favors smash. I’m from Boston as well and wish we had an NRS scene. Maybe you, @TackyHaddock and myself can do something about it.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Sadly I live in a small town and the only 'tournaments' the local game shop hosts are Super Smash tourneys so no thank you. I asked them about doing MK and Injustice ones and all they said was "not right now." D: