What's new

Question Lobo's New Chain Charge Armor Post 1.06 (Yay? Nay?)

I was curious how you guys felt about the chain charge armor. It kicks in when the hook smacks the floor - I don't like it. But that is just my opinion. I would had preferred it activated immediately like Grundy's CW armor.

Do you guys feel the same? Or not? Please discuss. I'm intrigued to see how the rest of you feel regarding this armor update.

Galactic Geek

Losing is learning; winning is succeeding.
I would've preferred it to happen immediately as well, but then again, I think both hits should've been overhead hits (not just 1) too...

He doesn't need a 13 frame 2 hit move that's + and travels over half screen.

It's fine the way it is. If you really want to help Lobo, then improve his crappy normals. :p
Exactly which of his normals do you feel are crappy? 1,1,3? 1,1,2? (I forget the rest)

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Exactly which of his normals do you feel are crappy? 1,1,3? 1,1,2? (I forget the rest)
Standing 1 and associated strings, 12 in particular. Garbage range
21 because of it's slow start up, awful recovery, and ,sometimes I'll whiff on hit lol' factor
B.2 for slow start up that wouldn't be a problem if it covered any range or could be canceled between hits.

honestly b.1 and 3 are his only actually really good normals. You just have to accept the rest of them, which I'd be okay with if he had less obvious tick throws

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
I like it, as a lobo player on the side and as someone who plays against Lobo players I find it balanced, as a wakeup it can work because it pretty much hits the floor instantly (Provided you are using this when the player is standing like right next to you waiting to catch you as you stand back up)

it's a nice balance though, other people can armour through shit all day where as having some armour that takes some time to kick in is really balanced, I mean at least you get armour, not too many characters do get an armoured special move.

I like it, as a lobo player on the side and as someone who plays against Lobo players I find it balanced, as a wakeup it can work because it pretty much hits the floor instantly (Provided you are using this when the player is standing like right next to you waiting to catch you as you stand back up)

it's a nice balance though, other people can armour through shit all day where as having some armour that takes some time to kick in is really balanced, I mean at least you get armour, not too many characters do get an armoured special move.
I was just looking through your YouTube channel. When are you going to do a Lobo ladder on the hardest difficulty?

Lord Hollow

The Sage Of Michigan.
Aside from the hitbox on the chain of 2,1, his normals are great and they fit his character, imo. I think too many people look for his normals to beat out faster characters, but that is neither in character for him or is it their purpose. The range on standing 2 is ridiculous (he has the hook in his hand) and for a standing mid you can czar toss from, it's downright broken except for... The start up on it, which is 12 frames. As a long range poke with follow up options, it's a very powerful attack.

Every last one of his normals are extremely powerful, except for one aspect of the attack, which most people focus on. You look at the stengths of the attack, you'll find out how and when to use them. Aside from d+1 and b+1 when he's at advantage or slight distance, his normals arent used to out poke his opponent. I use them to occupy the space directly in front of/ around them. I condition them to block/react after certain + attacks (burned hook charge, 1,1,3, b+1,2). That sets them up for the oki reads..

Lord Hollow

The Sage Of Michigan.
On topic, I love the hook charge even more now. The overhead forces a mix up from a blocked standing 3 (hook charge or low space hook). The opponent constantly has to be on their toes. It's not necessary for both hits to be an overhead: If they block the burned version standing, they stagger back out of optimal pressure range. Ducking, they don't get pushed back as far from the shoulder charge part. It's excellent on his wake up as well as theirs.

I've noticed the chain charge wake up does not help me when they are standing over my character and jump up as I am getting up from the ground. I try to chain charge out of there and get kicked with the cross up. I have to figure out how to counter this tactic.

Side note. I also learned today that Grundy's walking corpse does not require meter to armor it? It's just naturally armored? I had one guy pull it off on me without meter. I always assumed it requires meter?

Lord Hollow

The Sage Of Michigan.
I've noticed the chain charge wake up does not help me when they are standing over my character and jump up as I am getting up from the ground. I try to chain charge out of there and get kicked with the cross up. I have to figure out how to counter this tactic.

Side note. I also learned today that Grundy's walking corpse does not require meter to armor it? It's just naturally armored? I had one guy pull it off on me without meter. I always assumed it requires meter?
Yea, it's to block the early jump in (pushblock, if applicable) or backdash. You may be able to d+2, depending on what they are jumping in with, but i don't have much luck with it. Hope this helps.

No sir. It has 3-4 hits of auto armor. Search youtube for "Dear Grundy" if you don't know how Lobo can beat it.

Captain Oxygen

The end of one combo is the beginning of another
It annoys me that every other time I lose the meter on a Hook Charge I burned but don't get the armor for it.

Lord Hollow

The Sage Of Michigan.
B12, B2U1….
B+1 is a 10 frame low. There's nothing bad about that. The two can be backdashed, but when they show they can do that, any one of our hook specials shut that down. On block, of course, it's +4 and for button happy opponents, it can follow itself. I buffer in the 1+3 every time to take my easy 19%, or we can go for the d+1 to czar toss.
b+2,U+1 has a slow start, but that's the only disadvantage. On hit, it allows follow up. On block, you can czar toss them, or go for a hook charge for a Overhead, low, overhead mix up. The only string I don't care for is 1,1,2, honestly. Even that one is a good ender for positioning, free trait reloading and what not.
I know we know all of this, I just like to look to the strengths of the character/attacks, etc.

Red Venom

The Main Man of TYM
B+1 is a 10 frame low. There's nothing bad about that. The two can be backdashed, but when they show they can do that, any one of our hook specials shut that down. On block, of course, it's +4 and for button happy opponents, it can follow itself. I buffer in the 1+3 every time to take my easy 19%, or we can go for the d+1 to czar toss.
b+2,U+1 has a slow start, but that's the only disadvantage. On hit, it allows follow up. On block, you can czar toss them, or go for a hook charge for a Overhead, low, overhead mix up. The only string I don't care for is 1,1,2, honestly. Even that one is a good ender for positioning, free trait reloading and what not.
I know we know all of this, I just like to look to the strengths of the character/attacks, etc.

Yes I already knew this, I only stated it because even though its a 10 frame start up, most upper tier characters seem to beat it out and it never seems like my normals are fast enough.

GGA Fill Pops

The Ultimate Bastich
Yes I already knew this, I only stated it because even though its a 10 frame start up, most upper tier characters seem to beat it out and it never seems like my normals are fast enough.

I believe its one of his best moves. B1can be used as a poke into background bounce . No ones gonna block tht 10 frame low into 40+ damey. Also as hollow said when the 2 hits its basically a frame trap for the following d1.
Also use b2u1 for hit confirs on jumpins it leads to hella mid screen damage. Choose all of his tools are god like you just need to know how to use them.

Red Venom

The Main Man of TYM
I believe its one of his best moves. B1can be used as a poke into background bounce . No ones gonna block tht 10 frame low into 40+ damey. Also as hollow said when the 2 hits its basically a frame trap for the following d1.
Also use b2u1 for hit confirs on jumpins it leads to hella mid screen damage. Choose all of his tools are god like you just need to know how to use them.
I haven't been on in forever I am pretty rusty, but I'm getting back to where I once was. I'll make due with what he's got, I've been a Lobo main since day 1 SRS.