What's new

Match Footage Lobo video thread

Decay

King of the Bill
Man your Lobo is awesome. These videos get me so hype. You always make the best decisions lol. WHY. GIVE ME YOUR SKILLS. But seriously. Welcome to the forums man. Hope to see you posting a lot!
Dude you fucking rock, I am so happy you enjoy that shit. We should go into practice and I'll show u some setups whenever. And yeah I hate doomsday and lex, both are hard to get lobo momentum on :(

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Dude you fucking rock, I am so happy you enjoy that shit. We should go into practice and I'll show u some setups whenever. And yeah I hate doomsday and lex, both are hard to get lobo momentum on :(
For sure. Add me, TYM Chaosphere on XBL. I don't have an xbox mic due to playing with a hitbox so maybe we could skype or sumfin. I'm working on some stuff I think you will like as well.

Captain Oxygen

The end of one combo is the beginning of another
Like usual posting my match footage from tournaments with some insight. All of my matches except for the first one were on stream.
From Civil War 6.
Vs. BIFU Insaynne
Starts at 16:14
One thing I noticed about Insaynne is that he's very footsies based, he B12'd the hell out of me. The post trident rush game is so good, being -11 right in front of Lobo isn't something you wanna be in. I can either go for a command grab, MB hook charge, and if he respects both those options low hook. I play really patiently in the first few matches, but in the last one I just rush him down like crazy, I milked that Magic Pixel so hard.
Vs. RG Tom Brady
Starts at 10:21
I just rush him the hell down. This matchup kinda sucks for Aquaman, Lobo can outfootsie him in the mid range with lowhook,standing 3. And if you have trait he can't zone you with from the deep since lobo can punish with 28% fairandbalanced pumpshots.
You can hear some of my guys in the background while Batcave lagoon is loading, that is my favorite stage. I know a lot of 50% meterless combos with that wire interact.
Vs. RG SonixFox
I play Astronout's Batgirl a lot so I felt pretty ready for this match. It was pretty insane, we went punch for punch the whole way through. I've actually practiced punishing all 3 options from the cartwheel. In the end of the 4th game both of us were just rushing to get that last hit, it was pretty intense; he does a YOLO uppercut at the end though. In the last game I almost make a comeback but when the opponent still has wager it's pretty tough to comeback.
Vs. EMPR Jupiter
I do have some MMH experience and I do feel the match is at least even, maybe even in Lobo's favor. I got 3-0'd but looking back I didn't do as bad as I thought I did. I dropped a lot of setups and I generally wasn't able to get any offensive strings going. I feel that If I fought Jupiter again I'd do a lot better. Sadly after the tournament ended Jupiter had to leave so I wasn't able to get any casuals or do Pig's Bounty.

Pretty happy with how I did. Not sure If I'm going to ECT or not, I'd hate to get bodied on my birthday :p

Decay

King of the Bill
Like usual posting my match footage from tournaments with some insight. All of my matches except for the first one were on stream.
From Civil War 6.
Vs. BIFU Insaynne
Starts at 16:14
One thing I noticed about Insaynne is that he's very footsies based, he B12'd the hell out of me. The post trident rush game is so good, being -11 right in front of Lobo isn't something you wanna be in. I can either go for a command grab, MB hook charge, and if he respects both those options low hook. I play really patiently in the first few matches, but in the last one I just rush him down like crazy, I milked that Magic Pixel so hard.
Vs. RG Tom Brady
Starts at 10:21
I just rush him the hell down. This matchup kinda sucks for Aquaman, Lobo can outfootsie him in the mid range with lowhook,standing 3. And if you have trait he can't zone you with from the deep since lobo can punish with 28% fairandbalanced pumpshots.
You can hear some of my guys in the background while Batcave lagoon is loading, that is my favorite stage. I know a lot of 50% meterless combos with that wire interact.
Vs. RG SonixFox
I play Astronout's Batgirl a lot so I felt pretty ready for this match. It was pretty insane, we went punch for punch the whole way through. I've actually practiced punishing all 3 options from the cartwheel. In the end of the 4th game both of us were just rushing to get that last hit, it was pretty intense; he does a YOLO uppercut at the end though. In the last game I almost make a comeback but when the opponent still has wager it's pretty tough to comeback.
Vs. EMPR Jupiter
I do have some MMH experience and I do feel the match is at least even, maybe even in Lobo's favor. I got 3-0'd but looking back I didn't do as bad as I thought I did. I dropped a lot of setups and I generally wasn't able to get any offensive strings going. I feel that If I fought Jupiter again I'd do a lot better. Sadly after the tournament ended Jupiter had to leave so I wasn't able to get any casuals or do Pig's Bounty.

Pretty happy with how I did. Not sure If I'm going to ECT or not, I'd hate to get bodied on my birthday :p
This is cool stuff bro

Decay

King of the Bill

New set footage! First to 10 with Crucial Crab . He plays Batman, and I know the matchup quite well, and he probably doesn't know it very well. For Lobo players just starting out, if they are a jumpy Batman, read the jump and air to air with jump 1. Also, every time he does a full screen grapple hook, duck and reload and if you're within range, punish with a nuke shell... Batman is also free to grabs as long as he doesn't wake up slide, but we've discussed this matchup already in the Lobo matchup thread. Heads up, its a longer video, so grab some popcorn and a beer and relax. The main man is gonna take you for a ride (insert marvel 2 theme music) gg Crucial

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
http://www.twitch.tv/stlbarwarz/b/523371553

Me vs @piemaster - harley starting at the very beginning. It starts pretty far into our set. Everything is first to 3.

Me vs @TIC3R - green lantern at 19:50

Me vs @jbthrash - green lantern at 49:15

Me vs @TIC3R - green lantern/martian manhunter grand finals at 1:32:40

Please watch. Please tell me if you notice me not doing something that can severely help me out. Point out my glaring weaknesses. Don't be afraid to be harsh. I know vs GL i need to work on reacting to b13~rocket pressure and full punish as well as simply backdashing b13 and punishing. I know vs MMH I need to work on forward dashing the OH teleport. I need to work on hit confirming b12~trait reload instead of just mashing it out on block. I got away with a lot of those and I shouldn't have. I know I shouldn't drop tournament winning combos too. Any and all tips are hella appreciated.

And last of all: Good games to everyone.

piemaster

mortal hater

Me vs @piemaster - harley starting at the very beginning. It starts pretty far into our set. Everything is first to 3.

Please watch. Please tell me if you notice me not doing something that can severely help me out. Point out my glaring weaknesses. Don't be afraid to be harsh. I know vs GL i need to work on reacting to b13~rocket pressure and full punish as well as simply backdashing b13 and punishing. I know vs MMH I need to work on forward dashing the OH teleport. I need to work on hit confirming b12~trait reload instead of just mashing it out on block. I got away with a lot of those and I shouldn't have. I know I shouldn't drop tournament winning combos too. Any and all tips are hella appreciated.

GG's man

i feel like in casuals you were like ok ill let this kid think he can win, then once we had to play you were like yeah i can get out of all of this lol

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
GG's man

i feel like in casuals you were like ok ill let this kid think he can win, then once we had to play you were like yeah i can get out of all of this lol
Haha. It could be my resilient tourney nerves. I promise I wasn't sand bagging. I don't even know how to.

Last edited:

Decay

King of the Bill

Hey man, I just started playing tournaments with zyphox Dartharma rico and the rest of them in NJ and I'm having a hard time adjusting to the no lag and a small monitor since all I play is online with a huge tv. It's totally different but I'll adapt soon, just like you'll adapt and learn from your mistakes too. There's a learning curve

Decay

King of the Bill
Injustice: Lobo vs. The World. Ranked session 4:

Speaking of online play, here's some match footage of me in my element. Laggy ass injustice netcode on xbox live

Captain Oxygen

The end of one combo is the beginning of another
I'll never understand how you can land F3 after a czar toss online, that's like ONE frame to land.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
Hey man, I just started playing tournaments with zyphox Dartharma rico and the rest of them in NJ and I'm having a hard time adjusting to the no lag and a small monitor since all I play is online with a huge tv. It's totally different but I'll adapt soon, just like you'll adapt and learn from your mistakes too. There's a learning curve
Yea the no lag monitor through me off as well when I went to GGA, I'll get use to it though

Decay

King of the Bill
I'll never understand how you can land F3 after a czar toss online, that's like ONE frame to land.
It's funny dude how I super confident doing stuff like that online with lag but I drop 99% of my combos when I tried to play at a tournament :( oh well I'm an online warrior and I have a lot of offline monitor practicing to do! Thanks for watching bro

Yea the no lag monitor through me off as well when I went to GGA, I'll get use to it though
Yeah I'm having a very very hard time with it. I only started getting adjusted during casuals much later. I had an great set with king James' GL. That's when i realized I'm starting to adjust.
Yeah man, I drop BACK2 off of MB Czar Toss online, Wireless PSN sux :(
Haha. You're the opposite of me. If we can just combine our offline and online powers.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Pro tip: buy the tourney standard Asus monitor. You'll find out its worth it times 100.

Decay

King of the Bill

for some reason there was a deathstroke influx this past session, but I don't have a problem with him. if you want to know how to fight DS, patience is the key to life! enjoy my brothers!