What's new

Match Footage Lobo video thread

The guy posts shitty combos, tells people in this community that they have no life, stalks their accounts on other social media sites to see how "no-life-like" they are, makes videos about the people he considers having no life and gets his very small fanbase to spam said "no-life" persons with messages saying "fuck you for being a hater" and constantly wants to get banned because all his shitty combo video threads get locked.

I'm not being a dick to him for no reason, he's just a dick.

Captain Oxygen

The end of one combo is the beginning of another
Someone uploaded the WB Pools stream footage on Youtube, so I'm gonna show my on-stream matches (4 out of 5 of my matches where) with a few comments on the matches.

Vs. PTH RevOlver
Starts at 2:02:00
I thought a lot about this matchup before pools, You'd think it'd be hard for lobo to deal with trait because he has no fast projectile to stop him from trait-dashing. But Lex's jump and forward dash are slow, so notice how I stay at a range where I can punish his trait with a hook charge or MB Trait Pumpshot.
Vs. KP
Starts at 3:06:45
The first match looks like a button check, but it was a real match (Notice how we handshake before it starts). Mr Aquaman and Outworld were saying funny things on mic so no one noticed. I paused because he told me his buttons were messed up, I felt bad about it, but I had to take a match off him.
Can't embed the rest but whatever.
http://www.twitch.tv/kombatnetwork/b/505631037
Vs. KDZ
Starts at the beginning of the video.
I was really close on this one :/, In the 2nd game I did a meaty attack->MB B3 option select, but he just barely had a sliver of trait left, so his wakeup blew it up. Honestly I really don't know the Superman matchup that well, I know it's weird but I've never really had a long set against a top Superman player, just online randoms. (I also never play online). Normally I'd be upset about losing, but hey first major, it took the World Champ to send me to losers.
http://www.twitch.tv/kombatnetwork/b/505640951
Vs. Glass Sword
Starts at 6:10
I always play worse when I get in Losers, having that security net of being in winners always helps me think clearly. I also don't play against any top Raven players that much. I play really well and patiently in the first match, but I lose it during the 2nd and 3rd games, so it's whatevs.

I did a LOT better than I expected to, First Major and I made 9th. Going into this I just wanted to not go 0-2

Yashiro Aniki

Aniki of Steel
Hi, this is my recant match playing with lobo:

Please if you have any advice or notes to improve me skill using lobo!!
don't hesitate want to improve ^^

Captain Oxygen

D2's and D3's are unsafe on block (with few exception), if people use them in block strings make sure you can get a D1 punish.
When you get the opportunity you should use Lobo's standing 2,1 string for mixups, 113 is plus on block but good players will interrupt the string inbetween the 11 and the 3.

Captain Oxygen

So apparently the first match I had at winter brawl was recorded, they had one of those AverMedia devices recording I guess. This was the first match I had, the rest were on the KombatNetwork stream, so I guess all my WB8 Matches are online.

I was really patient a lot of the time, Lobo can punish a NonMB wingdings with trait pumpshot, so I mostly just blocked and waited for the non MB one. I understood that if he did the wingdings he'd probably MB them because I could punish.

Captain Oxygen

Thanks to @K1NGZAPPA for uploading some of my matches from TOTFC

Vs. Kinetic Orochi in Winners

I have a lot of Green Lantern experience against a local one, Kinetic Orochi plays very differently than most GL's. He mixes up zoning and rushdown and knows when to fall back on either one. One thing I'm normally good at is Backdashing the 2nd hit of B13, unfortunately I play on a PS3 at home which is slower and I use a better stick for, so I wasn't able to any of that.

Vs. Sid the Haze

Flash is a matchup I've struggled in for a long time, I think it's even at this point. Both of us generally just play footsies and give each other respect in neutral. It's harder to circumvent Flash's wakeup than for Lobo's. In the end like always I just go ham rushdown and take it.

Decay

King of the Bill
Just uploaded this first to 5 with my clanmate's brother. He uses GL at a pretty good level, with the OTG and zoning fairly well. I think I demonstrate here how to punish green lantern pretty well, enjoy and GG to Zloppy.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
@Decay II awesome stuff! I remember playing you in ranked quite awhile ago and thinking you were suuuper legit. I was like "who the hell does this guy think he is?"

Decay

King of the Bill
@Decay II awesome stuff! I remember playing you in ranked quite awhile ago and thinking you were suuuper legit. I was like "who the hell does this guy think he is?"
Thanks man. It might have been before I joined a clan and was DecayingArt. Anyway, I thank ya.
AAaaaaand here's more badassery. This one has a few rage quitters in it ;)

Enjoy... and happy Easter yo

Decay

King of the Bill
Maann lovin the matches bro :cool:, Do you have any doomsday matches? keen to see how you approach that match up
Glad you enjoy it. I actually dont have much Doomsday footage, but trust me, it's a bitch to fight against him. Once trait goes up, you're screwed. My clan's Doomsday is LordHuntR and he's super gnarly with him so I'll try to get some footage between us.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Thanks man. It might have been before I joined a clan and was DecayingArt. Anyway, I thank ya.
AAaaaaand here's more badassery. This one has a few rage quitters in it ;)

Enjoy... and happy Easter yo
Man your Lobo is awesome. These videos get me so hype. You always make the best decisions lol. WHY. GIVE ME YOUR SKILLS. But seriously. Welcome to the forums man. Hope to see you posting a lot!

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Glad you enjoy it. I actually dont have much Doomsday footage, but trust me, it's a bitch to fight against him. Once trait goes up, you're screwed. My clan's Doomsday is LordHuntR and he's super gnarly with him so I'll try to get some footage between us.
My one training partner plays Doomsday. The meta in this matchup just pisses me off. It's so simple but so overwhelming most of the time. I find that once he traits up, I either go for the d1 mash or 21. After 21, there's a decent amount of pushback and seems to be safe. But it wastes a little bit of time. You can backdash his d1 afterwards, or just continue blocking.

The best thing you can do in this matchup is just be extremely patient and block everything. You can't afford to get knocked down ever.