What's new

Lobo Patch Notes

Lord Hollow

The Sage Of Michigan.
I agree. This game really forces you to think 2-3 moves ahead. Especially with Lobo, you have to commit and give your opponent enough credit to know he's gonna block the overhead and buffer in the czar toss. The only string that hits on hit or block to Czar toss is 1,2, I believe. I abuse it so much, local players have just started pushblocking the 2, which I am very proud of.

Robotic

Gentleman.
These patch notes have me floating since they were announced and I haven't landed yet. It can't come fast enough. I need to PLAY this Lobo already! I want to see what hell has been unleashed with these changes. I'm VERY interested in the "tiny" changes still unannounced , if any. Did the hook get fixed in certain situations where it whiffs? Did his czar toss and low chain ever get attention and not whiff when certain characters have animation that lifts them off the ground, but they are not considered airborne? My LoBoner hurts already!

jetgreen13

i'm your huckleberry..
looks like i can finally embrace my true main!
IMHO, lobo never should have been low tier in the first place.. hell, in the comics he has more than held his own against superman many times!! i'm hoping his buffs will make him at least legit.. they don't call him the main man for nothin' mr boon..

The 1.06 patch notes for Lobo!

The Hook Charge special move now hits as an overhead, has an improved 13 frame startup (down from 16) and has improved viability as a wakeup. The meterburn variant of Hook Charge now has 2 hits of armor.

You can now load 2 nuclear shells. Pump Shots with shells loaded have extended range. When a nuclear shell is loaded, the 2nd shot of MB pump shot will do more damage.

Super hits overhead.

https://www.injustice.com/en/news/injustice-patch-106-release-notes

jetgreen13

i'm your huckleberry..
The 1.06 patch notes for Lobo!

The Hook Charge special move now hits as an overhead, has an improved 13 frame startup (down from 16) and has improved viability as a wakeup. The meterburn variant of Hook Charge now has 2 hits of armor.

You can now load 2 nuclear shells. Pump Shots with shells loaded have extended range. When a nuclear shell is loaded, the 2nd shot of MB pump shot will do more damage.

Super hits overhead.

https://www.injustice.com/en/news/injustice-patch-106-release-notes
two things I hope boon clears up today.. will the "hook" be the overhead or the "charge??" or the other way around?? or for that matter, will both be an overhead?? & how much extended range will be added to the pump shot when lobo's trait is loaded?? in any event 10/1/13 is around the corner, so...

two things I hope boon clears up today.. will the "hook" be the overhead or the "charge??" or the other way around?? or for that matter, will both be an overhead?? & how much extended range will be added to the pump shot when lobo's trait is loaded?? in any event 10/1/13 is around the corner, so...

It's most likely the hook. They changed the super to hit overhead because of the animation looking like one, so I believe it's the same deal with Hook Charge. As for the range, we'll have to see for ourselves.

jetgreen13

i'm your huckleberry..
It's most likely the hook. They changed the super to hit overhead because of the animation looking like one, so I believe it's the same deal with Hook Charge. As for the range, we'll have to see for ourselves.
LOLZ, i'm hurrying up & waiting.. I main evil ryu in AE, so if he can be under powered for years i'll believe lobo's improved game play when the patch drops.. like you said, we'll see soon enough..

Galactic Geek

Losing is learning; winning is succeeding.
The hook charge better hit as an overhead on the 2nd hit because that's where I find most people block it low. The 1st hit 1/2 of the time doesn't even hit because I'm just using it to get in close.

Ketchup,

Put up the new patch notes please sir. And of course (above) the old patch notes so we can see the new ones without having to scroll down for them.

Lobros,
How do you feel about the new patch?
Also, the universal "input a move" while blocking buffer sounds amazing.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
that was for when you mentioned his 11 frame mid and 9 frame low. crouch blocking stops both thanks to this horrible engine or whatever its called they have where mids dont counter ducking and theres no longer a dedicated block button or any decent type of defense system set up for this game.
Did you come from 3D fighters...?

Spacepopsicle

Cool Beans
@redvenom
confirmed info: source NRS twitch stream. Lobo nuclear shells pump shot MB 28%.
Hefty! with increased range the crew said " zoners should actually fear Lobo's pump shot when loaded because it can surprise you"

Galactic Geek

@redvenom
confirmed info: source NRS twitch stream. Lobo nuclear shells pump shot MB 28%.
Hefty! with increased range the crew said " zoners should actually fear Lobo's pump shot when loaded because it can surprise you"
My jaw dropped when I saw the range on those MB pump shots - it's nearly full-screen!!!

Galactic Geek

The hook charge better hit as an overhead on the 2nd hit because that's where I find most people block it low. The 1st hit 1/2 of the time doesn't even hit because I'm just using it to get in close.
The stream also confirmed that the overhead IS on the 2nd hit with the 1st hit hitting mid...

Galactic Geek

Even if it is the 1st hit that's overhead, that gives him more range with likelihood to hit & opens them up for the 2nd hit anyways.

jetgreen13

i'm your huckleberry..
My jaw dropped when I saw the range on those MB pump shots - it's nearly full-screen!!!
looks like the patch was worth the wait for fans of lobo.. his trait really has teeth now & the new found range with the pump shot loaded is awesome!! honestly, i didn't want it to be full screen, i just wanted him to have a legit chance against the zoning characters.. well, i'm back in injustice: mode again.. sorry SSF4AE..