What's new

Lobo New and Improved BnB Thread post 1.06

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
i really hate to be that guy, especially to someone that just picked up the character, but

face dive in juggles is not a hard knockdown, the opponent can tech it, making the two setups you have involving that really easy to avoid. 12 is also not a hard knockdown, so 12 xx ship toss can get stuffed by a wakeup/tech roll'd as well.

I might be wrong on this, but the laser combo extender is also not a hard knockdown, so you can get punished hard by wakeup whatever if you load trait after it.
Yeah I know all these things, I just picked Lobo up but I know how he works from watching a ton of tourney footage of him. But just because you can tech roll a setup, it doesn't mean that the setup instantly becomes impractical. They're gimmicks, and from watching high level play of this game and playing this game since its release, people are still getting hit by gimmicks - for some odd reason.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Yeah I know all these things, I just picked Lobo up but I know how he works from watching a ton of tourney footage of him. But just because you can tech roll a setup, it doesn't mean that the setup instantly becomes impractical. They're gimmicks, and from watching high level play of this game and playing this game since its release, people are still getting hit by gimmicks - for some odd reason.
I think that's true as well. It's hard to be aware of all gimmicks at the same time and escape them every time. It just makes the strategy less solid, but doesn't mean you can't make a read.