What's new

Lobo New and Improved BnB Thread post 1.06

axeman87

Noob
Remember, it takes 2 meters to cancel into f+3. With a start up of 20 frames, f+2 is not a good attack to throw out naked. It's way more optimal for him to use another starter with a faster start up, put f+2,1 somewhere in the middle and end up with the same or even more damage at the cost of one meter to boot.
I have a huge list of combos that start with f+3 and go from there.
Oh yeh... my bad. I forgot it costs 2 Bars, shit! Too much Training mode with this guy.

Never mind then. For 2-3 Bars your right, there are much better options.

Naug

Noob
When I have my enemies in the corner I like to check them with standing 3 and I've found some combos that come out of it. This works as 50/50 as well after the patch. Your overhead scores a knockdown with you standing at minimum range while the low option leads to combos.

Overhead Option
3~charge - 15%

Low Options, no bars
3~low shot, 3~charge - 23%
3~low shot, 3~space hook - 25%/29% (with and without 2nd charge of trait. Second 3 must hit early)

Low Options, one bar
3~low shot, 3~MB toss, b2u1~spin cycle - 38% (puts enemy back in the corner)
3~low shot, 3~MB toss, b3, j3, 21~charge - 45%/48% (with and without 2nd charge of trait)

Map Situational
Left side on Fortress of Solitude Laboratory you can Background Bounce on Doomsday in this combo. I'm not very knowledgeable about bounce combos but here's an example for one bar. I'm sure others can come up with better ones.
3~low shot, 3~MB toss, b2u1~BGB, b2u1~spin cycle - 47% (puts enemy back in the corner)

Gobblerr

Noob
What are your guy's opinions on using both nuclear shells (trait) for one combo?

I've been thinking that it's a waste because you could use that second shell for something like the 21 low pump shot combo or for a regular pump shot. For example, I see a lot of you like to do this combo:

B2U1 > 113 Czarnian toss MB > B3 > F21 low space hook/hook charge

This combo uses both shells. So again, I'm interested in hearing what you guys think about using both nuclear shells in one combo as opposed to saving one shell for something else.

Thanks.

Captain Oxygen

The end of one combo is the beginning of another
What are your guy's opinions on using both nuclear shells (trait) for one combo?

I've been thinking that it's a waste because you could use that second shell for something like the 21 low pump shot combo or for a regular pump shot. For example, I see a lot of you like to do this combo:

This combo uses both shells. So again, I'm interested in hearing what you guys think about using both nuclear shells in one combo as opposed to saving one shell for something else.

Thanks.

I like the idea of keeping the extra shells, It just feels really good getting the large damage.
If you wanted to keep the extra shell, just do F2 Special instead of F21 Special

I like it for punishes or to get the life lead. Otherwise, I would do something like 21 xx load up or F21 xx load up and pressure from there/use it on the meaty shot mb for 7% chip.

Naug

Noob

Thanks.

Alternatively you can do b2u1, 12~MB toss, B3, j2, 21~charge. Only uses one charge of trait.

Galactic Geek

Losing is learning; winning is succeeding.
Gobblerr,
I didn't think I'd see you so soon! I was just about to tell them about the awesome mix-ups you destroyed my Lex with. Now that I know you're here, you might as well tell them yourself. ;)

I think it's all about either ending the combo into a trait reload setup or into a grab setup and figuring the best situation to do which one

Gobblerr

Noob
Gobblerr,
I didn't think I'd see you so soon! I was just about to tell them about the awesome mix-ups you destroyed my Lex with. Now that I know you're here, you might as well tell them yourself. ;)
I've tried this in the lab for nearly 30 minutes & it still misses 50% of the time. :(
Haha sorry I left after the first match. I thought you were just going to send me hate mail lol.

As for the B3, you're still dropping it that much? Damn that really sucks. I don't know what else to say other than just try to finding something to look at to help you know when to hit the B3.

Uber

Noob
When its time to do the B3, I find it helps to hold back and give 3 two or three quick taps instead of trying to hit B3 at the perfect time. Works 90% of the time for me.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk 2

AK Stormthegates

WOOLAY!!!!
Bored here is a corner combo. Feel free to put me on blast if this is already known:

(Trait) 21 xxx low shot, 113 mb czar toss, b2u1 xxx spin cycle. 42% and puts them back into the corner.

OnlineRon91

Joker++
I see the more damage deal, but I'll always be adamant I'd rather be at a more effective range.

One of the first things I did with new Lobo was fight a friends Zod, nobody can tell me he does well fullscreen after the way that set went haha. I personally still prefer staying at the range he does the best in. But that's just my preference.
I agree with you. I come from a SF background and players have always sacrificed damage for frame advantage. Quick examples are Akuma players doing Sweep instead of Hard Shoryuken or Sakura players missing the 3rd hit of Otoshi on purpose. Unless it will end the round, you should always go for the frame advantage to keep the offense going.

I'm aware these are not the same games but this is a fundamental principle you see in any fighter, not just SF.

I'm curious to know, have you guys found any way to get anymore damage from our Czar Toss starting BNBs? I've been doing this:

Czar Toss MB, B3, J3, 21 xx Hook Charge

which is 38%.

Does anybody have a 1 bar no trait Czar Toss starting BNB that does more than that?

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
That's what I use. There's probably (definitely) higher damage options with a BGB, but I haven't been able to find anything better without it. Also interested if anyone else has though!

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
Czar Toss (burn), b+2,u+1, 1,1,3, Czar Toss - 39%
Anything else I have takes two meters.
Oh word, I didn't realize that czar throw did more damage than the other specials. Interesting.
So without trait: Czar toss (mb), b2u1, 113 xx czar toss or space hook depending on who you are fighting (are there people Lobo wants to space out now that he has ranged viability?... if not stick with czar toss). Both are 39%.
With trait (2 shells): Czar toss (mb), b3, ji3, 21 xx space hook for 47%.
1 shell: Czar toss (mb), b3, ji3, 21 xx space hook for 44% or end in charge for 43% and stay close to them. I'd go with charge.
Also (this may be known) if you're sitting on 3 bars and they haven't clashed yet but at below 50%, trait up and do czar toss (mb), mb b3, mb b3 for an easy, unclashable 48%. On 2 bars, you can do toss (mb), mb b3, pump shot for 40%. And the transitions off of toss (mb), mb b3 do like 50% unclashable. It's gross haha.

Lord Hollow

The Sage Of Michigan.
Yea, I've been doing that alot lately: I'll put b+2, u+1 in a combo twice. The second time, it doesn't pop them up as high, but it allows me to czar toss them for damage and cool points.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Even with a ji2 at the beginning I'm "only" getting 60% out of this. Am I doing something wrong or was that percentage just off?
I think I have the wrong combo listed. I though that's what it was. Let me figure out what it is again and I'll get back to ya. Its definitely 68% though.