What's new

Lobo New and Improved BnB Thread post 1.06

That statement is completely chracter dependent. Would i send cyborg deathstroke or sinestro full screen no i wouldnt. But a character like green lantern or aqua man im not scared of there zoning anymore.

Pretty much what I said earlier. The fact that I can actually do something from a distance now makes ending with space hook not that much of a death sentence anymore. And we have the tools to space characters out (3, hook charge, low hook, and now pump shot with trait), so it's not like we have to take too much of a risk when they try getting in.

Gobblerr

Noob
Ever since Lobo was first released I've been meaning to ask this. With the new patch I've been playing more regularly again so I guess now would be a good time to ask you guys.

Any tips for hitting the B+3 in combos after his MB Czar Toss? I can do it everytime on a naked Czar toss, but for example, when I try to do b+2,U+1, 1,1,3~MB Czar Toss, b+3....I only hit it about 25% of the time on a good day. Any suggestions?

What I do is after I do the Czarnian toss MB, I watch until the opponent bounces up to the highest point and then I hit B3.

Cross up Ji3's(no meter)

Ji3, d3 17%

Ji3, 3, df+1 25% / trait 28%

Ji3, 12 1+3 27%

Ji3, b12 1+3 28%

Ji3, 12, df+1 25% / trait 29 %

Ji3, 21, df+1 27% / trait 30%

Ji3, 113, df+1 30%/ trait 33%

Ji3, 113, czar toss 32%

Cross Up Ji3's (1 meter)

Ji3, 3, mb czar toss, b2u1, df+1 41%/ trait 44%

Ji3, 113, mb df+1 36% / trait 44%

Ji3, 113, mb dbf+2, b2u1, df+1 44% / trait 46%

Ji3, 21, mb df+1 33% / trait 43%

Ji3, 12, mb czar toss, b3, ji2 21, bf+3 47% / trait 50%

Ji3, 3, mb czar toss, b3, ji2 21, bf+3 48% / trait 51%

(trait only) Ji3, 12, mb czar toss, b3, ji2 21, df+1 52%

(trait only + BGB) Ji3, 113, mb czar grab, b2u1, BGB, b3, df+1 56%

Ji3 Cross up(2 Bars)

Ji3 113, mb czar toss, b2u1, BGB, b2u1, mb df+1 61%(56% no trait)

Super situational, but it basically only costs 1 bar because you build a bar doing the combo.

1 Bar BGBs

mb3, ji2, BGB, b2u1, df+1 38% / 47% trait

mb3, ji2, BGB, b2u1, 3, bf+3 41% / 49% trait

2 Bar BGBs

MB B3, Ji3, 113, mb dbf+2, b2u1, BGB, b2u1, df+1 56% / 65% trait

MB B3, Ji3, 113, mb dbf+2, b2u1, BGB, b2u1, bf+3 56% / 63% trait

3 Bar BGB swag(trait only)

MB B3, Ji3, 113, mb dbf+2, b2u1, BGB, b2u1, mb bf+3 66%

MB B3, Ji3, 113, mb dbf+2, b2u1, BGB, b2u1, mb df+1 67%.

Just got the patch like an hour ago, here's the most maximum damage combo I came up with:

trait ji2 b2u1 3xxgrab MB b2u1xxb3 bounce cancel f21 db2 MB

It's incredibly impractical, but it's pretty funny that Lobo can hit 69%.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Can I ask real quick.

Why are some of you using DB2 at the end of your B&B's? Why are you sending the opponent fullscreen when that's the direct opposite of where you want the opponent to be? :p

It looks obvious since the buff imo. 2 shells combo and now Lobo isn't that bad anymore once fullscreen. Also, db2 is his most stylish special :D

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
It looks obvious since the buff imo. 2 shells combo and now Lobo isn't that bad anymore once fullscreen. Also, db2 is his most stylish special :D
I see the more damage deal, but I'll always be adamant I'd rather be at a more effective range.

One of the first things I did with new Lobo was fight a friends Zod, nobody can tell me he does well fullscreen after the way that set went haha. I personally still prefer staying at the range he does the best in. But that's just my preference.

Bar_Bar13

Friendly Neighborhood Spectre
Ji2,B2U1,113xxDB2 (36% w/o trait, 40% w/trait)

Ji2,B2U1,113xxDB1 MB (48%w/trait)

Ji2,B2U1,113xxDBF2 MB, 21xxDB2 (56% w/trait)

Derocus

'The Cage Mage'
next week igau comunitty
#nerf lobo buff ba
im sure i'll read someone saying that
I'd like to see this as a joke, but I'm pretty sure this will actually happen.

I think I have a curse to bring lower tiered characters up to higher tiers. It happened with Flash, and now it happening with Lobo.
I just want to be a low tier hero :(

SaJa

FH_FenriR
I see the more damage deal, but I'll always be adamant I'd rather be at a more effective range.

One of the first things I did with new Lobo was fight a friends Zod, nobody can tell me he does well fullscreen after the way that set went haha. I personally still prefer staying at the range he does the best in. But that's just my preference.

Yeah I guess it depends of the matchup and the metagame (life lead etc). Lobo vs shazam, better sending shazam fullscreen.

The most important is : Lobo has now the choice =)

Random combo that wasn't possible pre-patch, 2 shells needed:

F21 xx Low Shot, B1 xx Czar Toss MB, B3, J2, 21 xx Hook Charge (46%)

I'm really not sure if this is a practical combo or not, but it's another example of how the shells buff gave Lobo some new combo possibilities.

Also, if you end the combo at B3 and do an immediate hook charge, it's another way to setup the ambiguous cross-up. Again, it's probably not as practical as I'd like, but it exists now lol.

I'd like to see this as a joke, but I'm pretty sure this will actually happen.

I think I have a curse to bring lower tiered characters up to higher tiers. It happened with Flash, and now it happening with Lobo.
I just want to be a low tier hero :(
He is not that top
I don't think he is in top 5 at all
But u can't stop moaning in this comunitty
U forgot ? They complained about a 596655535553 tp frame that scorp has
Slowest recovery on earth
And they called it op

Sent from. SECRET using Tapatalk

PressBackToBlock

Always back the underdog

This. I can't help but still drop my opponents in Lobo's sweet spot despite to damage increase to his space hook. It just feels foreign to push them that far with the main man.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
This. I can't help but still drop my opponents in Lobo's sweet spot despite to damage increase to his space hook. It just feels foreign to push them that far with the main man.
I only do it when I have them in the corner now. The threat of gun shots tends to keep them in place.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Ok guys. I promise I'm coming home after work and working on this list. Haven't had the time yet. But tonight we dine on shells. I'm gonna hit training mode and see which combos are best for BnBs. It seems Lobo has a lot of options as far as combos go and I'm not sure which ones are max damage/most optimal without hitting training mode. Post more combos and why you think they are the best BnBs.

Galactic Geek

Losing is learning; winning is succeeding.
I like the simplicity of: 4, MBb3, ji2, 21xxdf1MB. It gives you 3 shots from a double-barreled shotgun in a single combo for 1 meter & a decent amount of damage (48%).

Captain Oxygen

The end of one combo is the beginning of another
These are the BnB's I use in matches from whatever starters.
>Jump-In/Overhead starter 1bar
(J2) B2U1,113,DBF2 MB, B3, F21,DB3. Very high damage for one bar, the generic BnB I use.
>Low Starter 2bar
B12, MB B3 Cancel, J2, B2U1, 12 1+3. Most damage from a low I get for 2 bars
>Confirming from air to airs, D2's, and J3's
21,DF1 MB. Very easy high damage I use to confirm from random hits I don't fully expect to work.
>Meterless BnB
(J2)B2U1,D2,B3,J2,21,DB2/BF3. Highest damage I can get for no meter
>Corner Combo
(J2)113,113,DBF2 MB,-dash under-,21, BF3. Lobo gets a free combo off of 113 in the corner, I dash under and do 21,BF3 to keep them in the corner.
>DF1D Combos
(J2)21, DF1D, 21,DB2/BF3/Super. I only use this when I mix people up with the low shot, I can get higher damage from no meter, so I rarely use the low shot.
I have other flashy combos with Background bounces/Batcave Electricity/Fortress of 100%; but I just wanted to show the general BnB's I use almost every match.

axeman87

Noob
May as well put this in here. Doesn't look like f2, 1 is being used but oh well.

f2, 1 ~ f3, f2, 1, bf3(Hook Charge) - 37% / 48%.
f2, 1 ~ f3, f2, 1, MB bf3(Hook Charge) - 41% / 52%.

f2, 1 ~ f3, f2, 1, df2 (Pump Shot) - 37% / 48%
f2, 1 ~ f3, f2, 1, MB df2 (Pump Shot) - 42% / 53%

f2, 1 ~ f3, j2, 1,1, 2, db1 (Spin Cycle) - 39% - 51%
f2, 1 ~ f3, j2, 1,1, 2, db1 MB (Spin Cycle) - 44% / 56%

f2, 1 ~ f3, j2, 1,1, 2, dbf2 (Czarnian Toss) - sorry forgot to write it down.
f2, 1 ~ f3, j2, 1,1, 2, dbf2 MB (Czarnian Toss), 1,1, db3 (Space Hook) - sorry forgot to write in down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

May as well put this in here. Doesn't look like f2, 1 is being used but oh well.

f2, 1 ~ f3, f2, 1, bf3(Hook Charge) - 37% / 48%.
f2, 1 ~ f3, f2, 1, MB bf3(Hook Charge) - 41% / 52%.

f2, 1 ~ f3, f2, 1, df2 (Pump Shot) - 37% / 48%
f2, 1 ~ f3, f2, 1, MB df2 (Pump Shot) - 42% / 53%

f2, 1 ~ f3, j2, 1,1, 2, db1 (Spin Cycle) - 39% - 51%
f2, 1 ~ f3, j2, 1,1, 2, db1 MB (Spin Cycle) - 44% / 56%

f2, 1 ~ f3, j2, 1,1, 2, dbf2 (Czarnian Toss) - sorry forgot to write it down.
f2, 1 ~ f3, j2, 1,1, 2, dbf2 MB (Czarnian Toss), 1,1, db3 (Space Hook) - sorry forgot to write in down.

This is not the first time I have seen this but I need to know now. What does the "~" really mean? i thought it meant "or" and when I read the legend it means "into". But every time I try one of these combos I don't see how that would work. Can I get a little education here plz.

axeman87

Noob
~ means a Cancel.

So f2, 1 ~ f3

Is actually f2, 1, f,f, MB (button)

Sorry, I should say it's a Bounce Cancel.

Lord Hollow

The Sage Of Michigan.
f+2,1 is not an optimal starter for a combo, is why you don't see us posting them. Remember, it takes 2 meters to cancel into f+3. With a start up of 20 frames, f+2 is not a good attack to throw out naked. It's way more optimal for him to use another starter with a faster start up, put f+2,1 somewhere in the middle and end up with the same or even more damage at the cost of one meter to boot.
I have a huge list of combos that start with f+3 and go from there.