What's new

Match Footage - Smoke LK-420 Match footage

Geoffmeister

PS4/EU Ermac main
Can someone explain why people do F21~vade towards (non-ex) in the corner?
Reason I do it is because you're the most plus (+11) you can be ending with Phase on hit, which sets up a throw or 11 and after conditioning even mixups (works specifically only on some characters). 21% becomes a near guaranteed 33% with extra wall carry, additionally you get some meter gain at the cost of half stamina during your pressure.
It's a strong ender, but sometimes 21 or JiP2 is better.

Tweedy

Noob
Kung Lao is one character you wanna be very careful throwing the over head out on , use f13 and 111 and 21 stagger pressure rather than typical b3/b1. Reason being is Lao can spin all your gaps just by option selecting
This is an old post but this thread got bumped and I haven't seen anyone correct this.

No, if you do B1 on block it's only -1. If Lao is mashing spin he'll get punished.

Noob
Anyone else enforce the guaranteed 1112 string after F21~fade on hit? Its so good once your opponent respects it, you can start mixing it up with 50/50s (B1/B3/B3D4/Throw) or stagger the 1112 string. You can hit confirm 111~spear/bomb as well if you catch your opponent try to press buttons.

boba_buster

Noob saibot
How so? Provide some context to that.
That post was talking about the vortex reset , the only thing that jails b1 is the ji2 ender. If you use 21 which is the norm then you have a gap he can spin , also anything into smoke bomb has a gap and b1xxsmoke bomb is not hit confirmable so if he blocks high he can spin the gap there as well.

Tweedy

Noob
That post was talking about the vortex reset , the only thing that jails b1 is the ji2 ender. If you use 21 which is the norm then you have a gap he can spin , also anything into smoke bomb has a gap and b1xxsmoke bomb is not hit confirmable so if he blocks high he can spin the gap there as well.
Your post said to not throw the "typical b3/b1".

Also, my point still stands if you want to change what you were trying to say. If Lao is mashing spin, just block.

boba_buster

Noob saibot
Your post said to not throw the "typical b3/b1".

Also, my point still stands if you want to change what you were trying to say. If Lao is mashing spin, just block.
Yes , "typical b1/b3 " being the reset after a typical ender to the vortex. So no your point doesn't stand

Tweedy

Noob
I have no idea what i'm talking about because I say that when you leave a gap, you can just block the spin. Is +17 not enough for you? Jesus.

My point is a fact. Deal with it.

boba_buster

Noob saibot
I have no idea what i'm talking about because I say that when you leave a gap, you can just block the spin. Is +17 not enough for you? Jesus.

My point is a fact. Deal with it.
You said because b1 is -1. Which has nothing to do with anything because if you throw out b1 its to mix and get the reset. To do that you have to cancel into smoke bomb or spear , both of which have a gap so your giving yourself 2 chances to get spun. Where as if you b3/f13 etc. you will jail and not have to worry about him directly spinning the reset. He can still spin anything into smoke bomb but your taking less of a risk by not throwing out b1 and giving him 2 gaps to work with. Damn alien players I swear....