What's new

Combo List - Sub-Zero Dead Sub-Zero Combo Thread

Lokheit

Noob
Also started using the C-REO jail tech.
I was surprised when I saw REO releasing that video as tech honestly, it was known since the original cold blooded became cancellable and F12 isn't even the optimal jail (B12 jails into the JI1 or B2 too and gives more damage).

Before the patch it wasn't worth the bar, now with how little damage the bar adds it might be worth it but I'm still using the meter mostly to extend the command grab or use EX Burst when I think the tick throw is going to be ducked.

Also: instant JI1 can land the command grab on hit and block as the advantage is too low and it won't count as a combo (depending on how far in the jump you are you will have to delay the grab on hit a bit) while also jailing into some strings for mind games).

crosshair271

Sub-Xerox
I was surprised when I saw REO releasing that video as tech honestly, it was known since the original cold blooded became cancellable and F12 isn't even the optimal jail (B12 jails into the JI1 or B2 too and gives more damage).

Before the patch it wasn't worth the bar, now with how little damage the bar adds it might be worth it but I'm still using the meter mostly to extend the command grab or use EX Burst when I think the tick throw is going to be ducked.

Also: instant JI1 can land the command grab on hit and block as the advantage is too low and it won't count as a combo (depending on how far in the jump you are you will have to delay the grab on hit a bit) while also jailing into some strings for mind games).
I know B12 does more damage but the F12 feels more lenient for the follow-up. B12 feels really strict although I was trying to 50/50 jail not IAJIP so I'll try it later. I was trying to use ex burst because it does more damage but I couldn't get the follow-up because it pushes them too far. My main concept was about the backwards B2 allowing better combos not possible with face to face B2.

GOOD DRAGON

Awesometacular
So i decided to jump on the UB band wagon. I found a 45% corner combo 1 bar - i haven't really seen a 1 bar posted anywhere with that much damage. Is that already known before i embarrass myself?

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
So i decided to jump on the UB band wagon. I found a 45% corner combo 1 bar - i haven't really seen a 1 bar posted anywhere with that much damage. Is that already known before i embarrass myself?
Post it already.

Tanno

So far there are only the 43% and the 50% ones. Nobody have reached the 44% and above, sonny. :DOGE

GOOD DRAGON

Awesometacular
So far there are only the 43% and the 50% ones. Nobody have reached the 44% and above, sonny. :DOGE
Oow nice so I can just squeeze my find right in the middle.

It's - with ice aura:- (46% 1 bar)
b2 b2 b12 (ex ice burst) d1 d1 123 slide

Oww Ye. Thank me later

Last edited:
If that's true he can surpass the 50% barrier with 3 bars.
Aura on jip, b2,b2,b1+2+ex ice burst--d1---d1--exAura--123--exSlide--4+Slide = 5? %.

Tanno

If that's true he can surpass the 50% barrier with 3 bars.
Sub Zero is unchanged. The only change he suffered is universal in game, meaning the armors and the stamina nerf hammers. He only got the upgraded speed on the 1 attacks (F1, D1, 1). Therefore, what you see there is true.

Need to practice this kombo to improve it much more. I know his changes, so I want to try reaching it to 51%+.

Here's a 39% Cryomancer corner combo. It requires 1 meter and ends in a reset that could lead to 60+% overall damage without using any more meter.

B2, B2, B12~DBF3~DB2[MB], B12~DBF3~DF2 - 39%
Follow up combo: F122, B2, B12~DBF3~DB2 - 24% -> 63% total damage

Lokheit

Noob
Here's a 39% Cryomancer corner combo. It requires 1 meter and ends in a reset that could lead to 60+% overall damage without using any more meter.

B2, B2, B12~DBF3~DB2[MB], B12~DBF3~DF2 - 39%
Follow up combo: F122, B2, B12~DBF3~DB2 - 24% -> 63% total damage
It's not a reset, you can block between the grab and the final iceball in the first combo.

Max corner damage one bar from Max damage to practical damage(you can ex freeze before ice hammer ender to get 3% or 2% more damage or a set-up.
impracticals:
jip+b1+2+ ex ice burst--b2--b2--+d1--b1+2+polar puncture+ice hammer =45%
jip+b1+2+ ex ice hammer--b2--b2--+d1--b1+2+polar puncture+ice hammer =44%
practicals:
jip+b1+2+ ex ice burst--b2--f1+2+2--1+1+1+polar puncture+ice hammer =42%
jip+b1+2+ ex ice hammer--b2--f1+2+2--1+1+1+polar puncture+ice hammer =41%

Same as before: starting the combos from polar puncture gives 10--12% less damage.
Polar puncture corner combos from Max damage to practical damage:

Impracticals:
polar puncture+ ex ice burst--b2--b2--d1--b1+2+polar puncture+ice hammer =33%
polar puncture+ ex ice hammer--b2--b2--d1--b1+2+polar puncture+ice hammer =32%
practicals:
polar puncture+ ex ice burst--b2--f1+2+2--1+1+1+polar puncture+ice hammer =31%
polar puncture+ ex ice hammer--b2--f1+2+2--1+1+1+polar puncture+ice hammer =30%

Last edited:
Here are a few cryo samples. I haven't seen anyone use the backwards B2. Haven't seen too many 40%+ midscreen combos. Also started using the C-REO jail tech.

Thanks to you I realized that Sub Zero can connect b1+2+polar puncture no matter the gravity after the Polar puncture ex Iceball. this add a 4% more damage after the ex ice ball restand.

New Corner combo 44% in the corner one bar (more to come)
jip+b2--b2--f1+2+2--1+1+1+Polar puncture+ Ex ice ball-- njp--b1+2+polar puncture + ice hammer.

You can njp jip + follow combo in the corner, but it doesn't connect polar puncture anymore.

Last edited:
Hilarious combos:
2 bar 31 hits 45%
Jip--b2--b2--f1+2+2--1+1+1+polar puncture+ex ice hammer--d1+polar puncture+ ex ice ball--njp--b1+2+polar puncture+ice hammer.
3 bar 37 hits 48%
jip--b2--b2--b1+2+polar puncture+ ex icehammer--b1+2+polar puncture+ ex icehammer--b1+2+polar puncture+ex ice ball--njp--b1+2+polar puncture + icehammer

Last edited:
I Post it because I don't know if those combos are known:DOGE. Grandmaster max damage without clone set-up:
no bar
jip--b2--b2--d1--d1--d1--d1--b1+2+ice clone--njp--fjp--b1+2+slide = 41%
jip--b2--b2--d1--d1--d1--d1--b1+2+ice clone--njp--fjp--f1+2 = 39%
one bar impractical
jip--b1+2+ex ice burst--b2--b2--d1--b1+2+ice clone--njp--jip--b1+2+slide =46%
jip--b1+2+ex ice burst--b2--b2--d1--b1+2+ice clone--njp--jip--f1+2 =43%
semi practical
jip--b1+2+ex ice burst--b2--2+4+2--b1+2+ice clone--njp--jip--b1+2+slide =43%
jip--b1+2+ex ice burst--b2--2+4+2--b1+2+ice clone--njp--jip--f1+2 =41%
practical
jip--b1+2+ex ice burst--b2--d1--d1--d1--d1--b1+2+ice clone--njp--jip--b1+2+slide =42%
jip--b1+2+ex ice burst--b2--d1--d1--d1--d1--b1+2+ice clone--njp--jip--f1+2 =40%
Edit: thanks a lot Tanno I forgot to add b1+2 in those LOL.

Last edited:

Tanno

I Post it because I don't know if those combos are known:DOGE. Grandmaster max damage without clone set-up:
no bar
jip--b2--b2--d1--d1--d1--d1--b1+2+ice clone--njp--fjp--b1+2+slide = 41%
jip--b2--b2--d1--d1--d1--d1--b1+2+ice clone--njp--fjp--f1+2 = 39%

one bar impractical
jip--b1+2+ex ice burst--b2--b2--d1--b1+2+ice clone--njp--jip--b1+2+slide =46%
jip--b1+2+ex ice burst--b2--b2--d1--b1+2+ice clone--njp--jip--f1+2 =43%
semi practical
jip--b1+2+ex ice burst--b2--2+4+2--b1+2+ice clone--njp--jip--b1+2+slide =43%
jip--b1+2+ex ice burst--b2--2+4+2--b1+2+ice clone--njp--jip--f1+2 =41%
practical
jip--b1+2+ex ice burst--b2--d1--d1--d1--d1+ice clone--njp--jip--b1+2+slide =42%
jip--b1+2+ex ice burst--b2--d1--d1--d1--d1+ice clone--njp--jip--f1+2 =40%
The bold ones are known.

The 2nd bold part ones, if you add the B12 after the B2, then it's like the impractical ones and adds more DMG.

The rest aren't very known. Will try them out.

Ozzy_K

Death waits for a slightest lapse in concentration
Them unbreakable regular aura combos are really tight!
Can't connect b12 or 242 after the aura most of the time, even 1 doesn't connect sometime.

Last edited:

Tanno

Them unbreakable regular aura combos are really tight!
Can't connect b12 or 242 after the aura most of the time, even 1 doesn't connect sometime.
This is the hardest part in the MK world. You need to find the timing to input the next combo. Go in practice and see very carefully the screen trembling when the Aura is up. The screen trembling is the moment you need to input the other combos, like B12, 242, 123, etc.

Check this video of mine to help you out to understand where you can time it down.

There are just examples of where you can time them down. If you see the Aura up, notice the screen trembling. This is where you can input the next combos. ;)

With practice you might have them as 2nd nature for you.

The hardest characters would be Kung Lao and Liu Kang. A selected few of the kast do have one hard input, and that would be the RC (Run Cancel). Liu Kang has one, too.