What's new

Guide - Grandmaster Living Guide[UPDATED]- How to Deal with Grandmaster by hkriderz

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
Someone elect this man for president.
GTFO, he's probably some Random Scrub that doesn't know shit! Sub is overall well balanced character! His corner is overrated, it actually requires a lot of anticipation, execution and high skill. The risk/reward is high. Jest lab that shit! After the clone is there, there are only like couple of safe options that he can mix you up with and put you back in the corner.

Last edited:

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
If you consider unsafe in this current version of the game, a spammable option that can only get punished 5 times per match with a 12% armor, then you should maybe pick up tetris.

However in the chance that there is still hope for humanity and you were ironic, I can't detect irony when discussing GM, I just pop a vein in my neck and foam at the mouth so sorry about that.

Saltea Moonspell

@M.D.

You know in past months i've realized that some of the character designs are specifically meant for disabled people. Paulo and crew are indeed amazing <3. Now to stay on topic M.D .... I do play tetris on regular basis and Sub-Zero, I had so much fun playing .....back in UMK3. Am I bing sarcastic or perhaps ironic ?....guess I Am way too disabled to figure that one out :D

Last edited:

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
@M.D.

You know in past months i've realized that some of the character designs are specifically meant for disabled people. Paulo and crew are indeed amazing <3. Now to stay on topic M.D .... I do play tetris on regular basis and Sub-Zero, I had so much fun playing .....back in UMK3. Am I bing sarcastic or perhaps ironic ?....guess I Am way too disabled to figure that one out :D
Well, Kenshi is a disabled person, too. He's relying on the sensory and the hearing abilities to locate everything around him. His disability is only his blindness.

It would be funny, if they had created a Sound Ninja for the deaf people.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
It's always fun and games until you actually get destroyed by GM yourself. Then you think back and say meh, he can't be broken, I was:

a) too tired to block b2 but when i'm serious i block and punish all of them
b) too tired / bored and jumped in all clones
c) my game wasn't on point and I kept getting point blank cloned when I tried to pressure
d) too busy admiring the awesomeness of GM and I forgot to actually play
e) trying a bad matchup although I knew it was a bad matchup (hint - 90% of the cast) and that's why I lost
f) it's too late to be patient so I just fooled arround, if I would have been patient I would have clearly won
g) surprised I couldn't punish or react to anything, although I definitively remember doing so in the past (hint - you were most likely in training mode)

I know denial is a strong phase and I understand, I'm only sad that this is the final state of the game with no patch coming out ever and I'll have to always counterpick forever when playing mkx against that bubonic plague of a character.

However, I wanted to contribute with a more effective guide on how to deal with grandmaster:

1. Learn Dvorah.
2. Learn Demo Sonya.
3. Learn Takeda
4. Desperately switch between them trying to counterpick while you're still losing.
5. Maybe win.

Saltea Moonspell

It's always fun and games until you actually get destroyed by GM yourself. Then you think back and say meh, he can't be broken, I was:

a) too tired to block b2 but when i'm serious i block and punish all of them
b) too tired / bored and jumped in all clones
c) my game wasn't on point and I kept getting point blank cloned when I tried to pressure
d) too busy admiring the awesomeness of GM and I forgot to actually play
e) trying a bad matchup although I knew it was a bad matchup (hint - 90% of the cast) and that's why I lost
f) it's too late to be patient so I just fooled arround, if I would have been patient I would have clearly won
g) surprised I couldn't punish or react to anything, although I definitively remember doing so in the past (hint - you were most likely in training mode)

I know denial is a strong phase and I understand, I'm only sad that this is the final state of the game with no patch coming out ever and I'll have to always counterpick forever when playing mkx against that bubonic plague of a character.

However, I wanted to contribute with a more effective guide on how to deal with grandmaster:

1. Learn Dvorah.
2. Learn Demo Sonya.
3. Learn Takeda
4. Desperately switch between them trying to counterpick while you're still losing.
5. Maybe win.

You are just stupid, not more then I am though. Delusional, you may need medical assistance asap. You clearly don't know anything about the game. Sub is alright. You sound to me like he is almost as broken as Alien was - he is fine, just take advantage of this guide and You should be fine. Good luck man! I mentally support you!

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
You are just stupid, not more then I am though. Delusional, you may need medical assistance asap. You clearly don't know anything about the game. Sub is alright. You sound to me like he is almost as broken as Alien was - he is fine, just take advantage of this guide and You should be fine. Good luck man! I mentally support you!
Well, half of the kast is already a bad MU for my boy, and yet he keeps whining about this. I think that he needs to cool his head off before retrying. Like I said: "You think that something doesn't work? Find a workaround!"

xXxNasHxXx

Mighty Champion of EarthRealm
Here is how I deal with GM Sub-Zero (BASIC GUIDE) :-

Step #1 Block D4 clone cancel after Round 1 FIGHT!!! successfully.
Step #2 Make your mind to play footsies with a huge patience.
Step #3 Gets annoyed and say "F*** I'm doing it my way..!!! and the next moment get teleported to the corner with an Ice clone in your face saying "Your A** is mine, baby..!!! Your A** is mine".
Step #4 With a huge panic attack press UP Forward on the d-pad again and again like an idiot.
Step #5 Get hit by the B2 overhead while trying to jump over the clone to get away from the corner and BOOM, 40% health gone.
Step #6 EJECT DISC.
Step #7 SFV inserted.
Step #8 RAAASHIDOOOOOOO.
I hope this guide is helpful for other players too. :DOGE

Last edited:

Saltea Moonspell

It was fun guys. I will drop this off for the sake of the "How to deal" thread and because someone did put some work into it.

IMO something has to change about that clone. You can basically be high on drugs , higher then Morison ever in his life and still the damn clone will still do a lot for you and you might win pretty convincing.

Revenant Zero

Death Comes
This is what I wrote down long ago when I was learning the GM Mirror (It's cancerous).

If GM has you pinned to the corner and has clone out:
>Did he B2?
-Block Mid and punish if you can (clone will go away on block...wah wah wah~)
-Take it and lose 30+%
>Did he B12 into ice bomb for a shatter?
-Block Mid and see him stagger you back to the corner, GM player slides back as it shatters with appropriate space for another clone. (1)
-Take it and hold that refreeze combo into a HKD for another Corner Clone set-up
>Did he 12 into ice bomb for a shatter, hoping to break your standing guard?
-Block appropriately and punish; Get out of there.
-Take it and hold that refreeze combo into a HKD for another Corner Clone set-up
>Did he B33 into ice ball?
-Block and punish it; (clone will go away on block... hopefully)
-Sorry bruh, looks like he's going to set you up for a 30+% combo

Like, playing other GM players and seeing what is happening on the receiving end, you just have to hope for the best.