What's new

Liu matchup chart by MIT

zaf

professor
yes liu can outzone ermac. Up close liu's fast and safe strings will be a problem for mac and liu has some mixups he can incorporate at times. Also in the footsies game, b3,1,2 and f1,2 will work great on closing the distance on ermac. Liu's standing 2 is 8 frames and has pretty good distance as well to use in footsies. The best thing going for ermac i say in this mu would be his iafb and push.
I agree. I like liu kang but i don't use him. I know how good his normals are.
Anyone with good normals, will give ermac a problem if they can get in.
Liu is forcing ermac to come to him and then he has the better normals.

I agree. I like liu kang but i don't use him. I know how good his normals are.
Anyone with good normals, will give ermac a problem if they can get in.
Liu is forcing ermac to come to him and then he has the better normals.
yep that's how it goes, it is a manageable mu for sure for mac.

zaf

professor
yep that's how it goes, it is a manageable mu for sure for mac.
Yea its manageable, but it will require a lot of cross ups.
Need to use a lot of iafb to get those cross ups in. Hard to use normals on liu kang.
You can duck 121 and poke/uppercut after the 3 in 31/312.

One good thing i got in this MU, is the damage.

EDIT::
Even when i get the frame traps going with f2/iafb and sweep, you can just armor out =[

MITDJT
I can't believe I missed this chart bro. Liu Kang's been my secondary next to Noob since last year lol.

Anyway, I feel this chart is extremely accurate. The only MU I hate is Cyrax. I feel that Kang has slight advantage, but you can never count Cyrax out because he's so fucking cheap lol.

Nice work!

as far as raiden vs kang ive always held the opinion (being an ex raiden main) that its possibly in kang favor... kang is really hard to punish for full combo with a teleport.... in the zoning game raiden can duck high fireballs and teleport lows on reaction for pressure/grab mixup.... as for the highs u can try and trade or duck and guess... try to make him predictable... liu is a bitch too whiff punish.... plus im still not sure whether raiden sucks or not.