What's new

General/Other - Liu Kang liu kangs new patch notes

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
so this is what we get from the new patch. I myself am dissapointed and not quite what i was expecting but low hit box on fireball is cool i guess and adjusted several hitboxes has been given to loads of characters. guess we have to keep waiting . everyones thoughts?

Liu Kang - adjusted several hitboxes to hit more consistently
Liu Kang - 3 more active frames on down BP
Liu Kang - now goes into a ducking state during low fireballs
Liu Kang (Flame Fist) - Windmill Punch & Windmill Flurry can now be 2in1 special cancelled on block/hit
Liu Kang (Flame Fist) - Shaolin Flame can now be 2in1 special cancelled out of
Liu Kang (Dualist) - Low Soul Sphere is now a low block
Can he now do DB2 from his Windmill punches? or even combo a bike kick on hit?

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Dualist dualist omg omg omg. Low orbs?

If the "adjusted hitboxes" include the orbs then his corner game in Dualist will actually work properly. Also no more whiffing F4 and 11? Yooo

Consistently low profiling fireballs and a seemingly working D2 are also amazing.

I'm not sure how much Flame Fist was buffed but from the sounds of it you can make Windmill punches safe on block and more safely cancel into Shaolin Flame - meaning a shit ton of chip.

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
It's made every variation as viable as DF in my opinion. I'm hoping 11 and f4 are fixed for good because that is heavy for Liu's pressure game.

I'm so happy I've been putting in work with Dualist, a low orb will really help out. He still has some issues with the light stance, but he can put in work now at least.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Dualist dualist omg omg omg. Low orbs?

If the "adjusted hitboxes" include the orbs then his corner game in Dualist will actually work properly. Also no more whiffing F4 and 11? Yooo

Consistently low profiling fireballs and a seemingly working D2 are also amazing.

I'm not sure how much Flame Fist was buffed but from the sounds of it you can make Windmill punches safe on block and more safely cancel into Shaolin Flame - meaning a shit ton of chip.
Pretty much the size of it. I comain Flame Fist along side of some Dvorah (guess which chip heavy variant lol). I haven't played consistently but that variant has stupid high chip and damage prepatch but its main issue was it wasn't safe to just keep fishing for it. Now folks have to respect the pressure once inside thanks to cancels netting you some safety.

Mark my words...flame fist was slept on and now with this we're gonna start seeing it out there and folks will be salty. It will be so much fun too :)

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
What is the point of being able to cancel out of the windmill punches if there is like no cancel advantage at all? Literally all specials you can do can be interrupted on block with armor.

What is the point of being able to cancel out of the windmill punches if there is like no cancel advantage at all? Literally all specials you can do can be interrupted on block with armor.
I was messing around with it a bit, if you're in the corner you can do like windmill punches xx shaolin flame xx 113 into more stuff. If you're midscreen and do windmill punches xx shaolin flame you're too far away for any normals to connect and combo though.

RM_Gamer

Noob
his windmill punch whiffs on crouch block. on some characters the last hit whiffs leaving me unable to special cancel it and im free to punish. NRS needs to fix this asap. also his ex windmill punch can be armored out of at the last hit. please fix that also lol

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
I was messing around with it a bit, if you're in the corner you can do like windmill punches xx shaolin flame xx 113 into more stuff. If you're midscreen and do windmill punches xx shaolin flame you're too far away for any normals to connect and combo though.
I would hope the buff is supposed to do more for us besides allow corner combos though. As awesome as that 113 stuff is, my first thought when I read it was windmill punch into db2 for safety on block and it being interruptible makes me salty lol

I would hope the buff is supposed to do more for us besides allow corner combos though. As awesome as that 113 stuff is, my first thought when I read it was windmill punch into db2 for safety on block and it being interruptible makes me salty lol
Honestly these buffs seem really good. Windmill fists being cancellable into any special and the powerup being cancellable into any special or normal is going to open up a lot of new options for Flame Fist players. The corner combo is something I figured out in 10 minutes and I don't play Liu Kang. Get creative, I'm sure he gets some ridic setups off these buffs.

Forgot, I also found this:

11 xx Shaolin Flame xx 113

Wow, this is a combo! It works midscreen! I don't imagine this is the best use of the new cancel, I just wanted to see if it worked at all, and hey it does. I'm willing to bet there's all sorts of new combos and frame traps you can do with this buff.

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
so this is what we get from the new patch. I myself am dissapointed and not quite what i was expecting but low hit box on fireball is cool i guess and adjusted several hitboxes has been given to loads of characters. guess we have to keep waiting . everyones thoughts?

Liu Kang - adjusted several hitboxes to hit more consistently
Liu Kang - 3 more active frames on down BP
Liu Kang - now goes into a ducking state during low fireballs
Liu Kang (Flame Fist) - Windmill Punch & Windmill Flurry can now be 2in1 special cancelled on block/hit
Liu Kang (Flame Fist) - Shaolin Flame can now be 2in1 special cancelled out of
Liu Kang (Dualist) - Low Soul Sphere is now a low block
we got a decent buff or two, but the fact is iono what hitboxes they fixed cuz it seems they only fixed f44... 111 still wiffs terribly (i used kano havent tested others)

bf2 (ex) on DF still wiffs on crouching kitana and other female characters (EVEN ON HIT)
f21 still has a wiffing 2nd hit
the last hit of windmill wiffs on a lot of the cast and can be armored / punished because of this

i mean i could keep goin, but this is kinda rediculous especially with evo right around the corner .. we still have no neutral strings :(

Also i appreciate paulo and all the hardwork he puts into this game and how he listens to the community and our input on the matters. I hate to be THAT guy that's annoying or bothersome, i know you have a huge workload and like i said, I really DO appreciate you man! If there's anyway to fix some of these things before EVO that would be amazing and myself along with the other Liu Kang mains would really be greatful for it.

*ALSO* if you need any assistance in narrowing down all the exact character specific problems etc i would be more than happy to go through everything i can find to help the work load for you, seeing as you have a massive plate, i could imagine!
- @colt

Last edited:

RM_Gamer

Noob
we got a decent buff or two, but the fact is iono what hitboxes they fixed cuz it seems they only fixed f44... 111 still wiffs terribly (i used kano havent tested others)

bf2 (ex) on DF still wiffs on crouching kitana and other female characters (EVEN ON HIT)
the last hit of windmill wiffs on a lot of the cast and can be armored / punished because of this

i mean i could keep goin, but this is kinda rediculous especially with evo right around the corner .. we still have no neutral strings :(

Also i appreciate paulo and all the hardwork he puts into this game and how he listens to the community and our input on the matters. I hate to be THAT guy that's annoying or bothersome, i know you have a huge workload and like i said, I really DO appreciate you man! If there's anyway to fix some of these things before EVO that would be amazing and myself along with the other Liu Kang mains would really be greatful for it.

- @colt
yes fix windmill punch, some hits whiff on crouch block, and make ex version non-interruptable otherwise whats the point of even using this move

*ALSO* if you need any assistance in narrowing down all the exact character specific problems etc i would be more than happy to go through everything i can find to help the work load for you, seeing as you have a massive plate, i could imagine!
- @colt
i take it back . im liking the flame fist buffs