What's new

Liu Kang's F4 is now 11 frames. Will the Liu Kang is broken hysteria die now?

xKMMx

Banned
Probably one of the bigger announcements during the Kombat Kast yesterday is LK's "broken" F4 will be 2 frames slower now.

But...... gasp....... hes gonna have a command grab now!!!!

Will this kill the hysteria?

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
He'll still be really good, still have f43 capture you from the sky into full combo, still have the 12 shenanigans/plus frames, still have his zoning and fatal blow combos for 50% to finish matches. Still have his krushing blows. Still have his stagger and strike/throw game with b1, f4, etc.

I think it's safe to say that if you hated LK before, you probably still will. It'll just get a tiny bit easier to deal with him point blank.

Sazbak

Noob
Which means he'll just have to poke you out of the jab, and then play his f4 game like usual.
Yes but your options are better against that. If you now read that he is going to try to enforce his plus frames with d1 then you can take back your turn after blocking. He can still use his other 9f mid(b1) to make sure you respect him though.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Yes but your options are better against that. If you now read that he is going to try to enforce his plus frames with d1 then you can take back your turn after blocking. He can still use his other 9f mid(b1) to make sure you respect him though.
Yeah, but if you're blocking rather than attempting to interrupt he's free to use f4. It's a mind game, but I think the point is that he should still be really good. It's slightly less brainless, but people will still be triggered by a lot of the things they hated before.

the nerf wasnt enough Liu needs to lose some plus frames like 21 +4 why is that +4 , his kbs needs some nerfs and he also have way too many options from f4 or maybe make him even more unsafe from his projectiles.

s12 is not enough now to pressure with f4 afterwards without getting interrupted by a jab though.
He's still got his other safe 9f mid stagger/combo/KB starter. It should force him to use b1 more often rather than just absent mindedly looping 1,2/f4, but he's effectively the same character.

I can appreciate NRS playing it safe and being careful with how drastically they change things, but if post patch we're right back to Liu Kang dominating the game both online and off it's themselves NRS is hurting.

xKMMx

Banned
2frame change nothing. I dont know how people can speak that he is nerfed ... He had a lot of other tools that needs to be tooned down, because they are too OP.
His F4 is still the best move ing, so i dont see how that change anything. This move should have been 13 or 14frame.
Nah he's ok.

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
Still expecting Liu Kang to be strong, but I think people are going to hop back on the Scorpion hate band wagon once that third variation lands.

Edit: My reason for that being because I expect Scorpion to become the most seen character again.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
I'd Like to point out I did say that NRS thought only needing F4 would balance him. I was right.

Ahem
But for real this will effect many LK players. I had multiple guides up to help others deal with his options and pressure.

His 12 will have less options because F4 can be interrupted by 7-8f starters and pokes stopping the pressure loop.

His F4 won't have the same utility and won't be able to follow up many of his staggers ranging from -2 to -7 on block. Also consider his F4 and F43 are already -7 and that allows 17f moves to interrupt the followup F4 from a F4 stagger.
His B1 is still 9f startup but it doesn't have any range so its not threatening like F4 was. Even though he has B1 for a fast mid its not used in the neutral like F4 was. This is an overall good change.

But yes those that complained about him before will continue to complain until he is nerfed to the ground. Which I don't think will happen. And from what we heard on the Kombat Kast we know they feel Liu Kang is where they want him to be.