What's new

Match Footage - Liu Kang Liu Kang Video Thread

I thought I'd make this thread for anyone that wants to add any Liu Kang matches, be it online or offline. :).

Feedback is definitely encouraged! Bare in mind the date it was uploaded and whether it's online or not though.

Here's a few of my own within the first few weeks of release:

Like I said feel free to comment and add your own videos!

Last edited:
Shrewskis
nice fights with Kung Jin.
I see njP - a lot of trouble for Liu...
Also you just push off Kung with d2 ender instead of ending combo with bf2 run and making mix up or reversal bait.
I do not know if you can make solid okizeme after d2 or not.
But just stay away and low fireball not best option as I think.

@oleg44
I haven't seen a good jacquie yet, I look forward to it haha.

@Broken_Angel Thanks man! What bf2 run mixup are you talking about? I'll look into it though. And from what I can see liu kang outzones kung jin pretty well, so I like to bait him in.

This is the first time iv'e encountered this Jacqui full auto iv'e heard so much about. Wasn't as bad as I was expecting because of the run button...

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter

This is the first time iv'e encountered this Jacqui full auto iv'e heard so much about. Wasn't as bad as I was expecting because of the run button...
That and Liu Kang outzones her... Check out my early matches with Emperor Murk:

That was my first time fighting a good Liu kang, and his first time fighting a competent Jacqui. As you can see, he wins the zoning war fairly handily, and his pokes and rushdown beat out a lot of her offense (though I'm still pretty free to heavy rushdown). I've said it before and I'll say it again, that damn gun isn't nearly as strong as people seem to think. It's good, but it's not some game-breaking technique.

That was my first time fighting a good Liu kang, and his first time fighting a competent Jacqui. As you can see, he wins the zoning war fairly handily, and his pokes and rushdown beat out a lot of her offense (though I'm still pretty free to heavy rushdown). I've said it before and I'll say it again, that damn gun isn't nearly as strong as people seem to think. It's good, but it's not some game-breaking technique.

Yeah I think that people are jumping the gun on this one XD PUN INTENDED

AssassiN

Noob

First of all, use low fireball a lot more in this MU.
If it trades, it's still in your favor. Haven't played Full Auto Jacqui too much, but my gameplan was get a little lifelead and zone her out.

E

Eldriken

His first time fighting a competent Jacqui? Murk has played me plenty. -.- Are you trying to say something negative about me? >=O

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
His first time fighting a competent Jacqui? Murk has played me plenty. -.- Are you trying to say something negative about me? >=O
Ha, just restating what I was told. I don't think he used the word "competent", but it was definitely implied that he didn't really have solid Jacqui experience. That video was recorded like a week ago, though. :rolleyes:

Charybdis

We are returned! Death to the False Emperor!
Yeah Liu doesn't really struggle with FA Jacqui. He's one of the few characters who fucks her game up more than she fucks his. Same his GM Sub Zero, I've found. They're both still better characters than Liu, but compared to the havoc they wreak on other characters, Liu gets on okay

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
If anyone wants to see some really good Liu Kang play then search up some of @CURBOLICOUS matches on YouTube, they helped me out quite bit.

I would post them, but I'm on mobile.

RM Mojito also has great Liu Kang (Dragon's Fire) gameplay - all of these are from the VS Kombat series:

vs Ferra/Torr (good F/T player although showing some MU inexperience against F/T)

vs D'Vorah

vs Kitana

vs Johnny Cage (great back and forth fight)

Insidiousballer

Meter Hoarder
RM Mojito also has great Liu Kang (Dragon's Fire) gameplay - all of these are from the VS Kombat series:

vs Ferra/Torr (good F/T player although showing some MU inexperience against F/T)

vs D'Vorah

vs Kitana

vs Johnny Cage (great back and forth fight)
No vids of him getting bodied by wade's kotal? damn