What's new

Liu Kang Video Critic Thread (Matches)

AssassiN

Noob
XBlades
VS Kenshi you did a lot of fake jump-ins by canceling into the fireball but not actually once jumping in.
Pig was catching on really quickly to those type of shenanigans.
You were only able to get in once sadly, but once you got in you did some real work.

You should work on playing with those shoulder pushes and working your way in with D3.
D3 makes the tele-fury whiff, but not the overhead slash obviously.
It's all a mix-up game when you're working your way up to Kenshi, D3 to avoid tele-furry and dashing more to avoid the overhead.

And most of the times you only went one direction, you should backdash a little more just to make those options whiff that Kenshi uses up-close(shoulder, B2, F3).
You always jump when you were in that range and Pig waited for it, you should mix it up between jumping and getting in grounded.
Kenshi can't just willy nilly throw out shoulders.

XBlades

To Achieve, You must Believe
EGP Redemption VIII

http://www.twitch.tv/epicgp/b/352286287
Here is some more Liu kang action

vs Brownie / Cage 1:49:00

vs Seven / Ermac 3:10:00

vs EGP Krayzie / Cyrax 3:40:00

Winners Finals
vs EGP Tyrant / Jax 3:50:00

Grand finals
vs EGP Tyrant / Jax 4:38:00

After Grand Finals I have sets with Guamokun Kitana, Mosp Skarlet, and Lethal Legend's Sektor.

Other than that Enjoy So Cal's Finest at EGP Redemption VIII in MK

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
EGP Redemption VIII

Winners Finals

Grand finals

After Grand Finals I have sets with Guamokun Kitana, Mosp Skarlet, and Lethal Legend's Sektor.

Be sure to watch my set with Xblades everyone!

:p

AssassiN

Noob
EGP Redemption VIII

Winners Finals

Grand finals

Goddamn, your LK was on freaking fire.
When you were fighting Tyrant you were fighting on his speed, both of you play so fast.

Your IAFB's were near perfection and you did midscreen sweep resets, didn't even know you could do those.
Are they stance specific?

If you got the Kenshi and Kabal MU down, you've got nothing to fear.
You going to SCR?

AssassiN

Noob
wait so if you end combo with sweep and then d3 you otg them?
It just doesn't work like that, I know for the OTG after sweep to work in the corner Kang has to be in the opposite stance as the opponent and the sweep has to hit him while the opponent is at Liu's hips. Then you can OTG them with D3.

I'm guessing the same parameters apply to the midscreen sweep OTG.

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !
It was nice to see your Kang! When we played on xbox live, I couldn't notice anything because I was focused on my screen. The PC version of mk9 looks like it has nothing to be jealous of compared to the consoles' one. And yes, if Xblades is participating I'd love to see him in top8. The higher the better!

AssassiN

Noob
It was nice to see your Kang! When we played on xbox live, I couldn't notice anything because I was focused on my screen. The PC version of mk9 looks like it has nothing to be jealous of compared to the consoles' one. And yes, if Xblades is participating I'd love to see him in top8. The higher the better!

Tbh, the resolution is 720p and I lowered the settings so I could record and play at 60 fps at all times.
This is as high as I can go for smooth recording, the game looks better than the console versions when everything is set to max.