What's new

Liu Kang Video Critic Thread (Matches)

Here's a video of me online. All feedback is welcome! (If I get any)
EGP_Shoryuken Peckapowa AssassiN[be]

decent, as far as meta goes i would advise a bit more zoning against reptile and cyrax, use your zonign as a baiting tool so you can mix it up.

as far as pressure goes, personally i find 21 exlow is a far better use for ex low fireball then f12 (though f12 is decent) but i usually use f121 depending n the matchup or if i want to stay on them. I like your use of f4, however i feel sometimes you got a little happy with it, and its better to follow it up with b312 because people get greedy and it has random adv on jumps, its hard to find the right times to throw f4 in but it really throws off the timing off your opponents catches them off guard. i felt you could have abused 21 a bit more, or just the 213 string in general because it gives him so many options. Also when applying presssure you should work more on adjusting the way you apply based upon how your opponent reacts i think. he kept respecting f12 ex low and f12 b312, so you could have done things like f12 f3, or f12 213, or f12, 2 b312, or f12 21 exlow, or f12, or f12 21 b312, or f12 21 f12, OR even repeating f12 or doing f121 exlow or even f12 f4, he has so many options.

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
decent, as far as meta goes i would advise a bit more zoning against reptile and cyrax, use your zonign as a baiting tool so you can mix it up.

as far as pressure goes, personally i find 21 exlow is a far better use for ex low fireball then f12 (though f12 is decent) but i usually use f121 depending n the matchup or if i want to stay on them. I like your use of f4, however i feel sometimes you got a little happy with it, and its better to follow it up with b312 because people get greedy and it has random adv on jumps, its hard to find the right times to throw f4 in but it really throws off the timing off your opponents catches them off guard. i felt you could have abused 21 a bit more, or just the 213 string in general because it gives him so many options. Also when applying presssure you should work more on adjusting the way you apply based upon how your opponent reacts i think. he kept respecting f12 ex low and f12 b312, so you could have done things like f12 f3, or f12 213, or f12, 2 b312, or f12 21 exlow, or f12, or f12 21 b312, or f12 21 f12, OR even repeating f12 or doing f121 exlow or even f12 f4, he has so many options.
First if all: Thank you for replying! I was afraid no one would reply since it's online.

For zoning, I'm not that great at it to be honest. I've practiced iafb for days and still can only get maybe two consistently if I'm lucky. I've actually been thinking on the whole concept of "zoning" lately, as I've just done it before whenever I had the life lead.

Pressure: Something I consider to be my stronger suit, it's good to know I'm doing something right. I've been poked out of 21 before, which is why I do f12 a lot. I think I was getting happy with f12 EX Low fireball as well as f4, it's worked really well for me before, so I guess I just got carried away. I'll be sure to mix up my pressure more and work on my zoning in general.

Thank you for youe feedback.

AssassiN

Noob

Here's a video of me online. All feedback is welcome! (If I get any)
EGP_Shoryuken Peckapowa AssassiN[be]
From what I can tell, your pressure and zoning is good.
Barely saw any footsies, you jumped in a lot and used F3 or F4 to get in. Not gonna work offline.
If you're fighting against a guy that likes to jump, NJP FTW! Liu has the option of doing a 36% combo of a NJP without using meter, pretty rare for a character to have this => NJP, DS+1, F12, B312, F24 + bicycle kick

Would stop using F12, EX fireball so much. Def against characters that need to get in on Liu like Reptile and Cyrax.
You have the option of doing F12 or F121 with both ending in neutral, if you want you can add F121, EX low fireball if you have a feeling that the 1 won't him them. Start using the 213 string more and 21, EX low fireball.
Saw some use of F4,3. Please stop using this, negative on block and you don't wanna lose pressure as Liu.

The guy respected F12 way too much and you made good use of that. Make more use of it next time by using mix-ups like Peckapowa suggested. You made good use of F4, but you used it a bit too much.

You seem to have a good understanding of the MU's(guy kept on switching lol). But would recommend alot more zoning against characters that Liu outzones like Cyrax and Reptile. Use the standing high fireball more against these guys, like against Cyrax he kept netting you because you missed the IAFB a few times. As a Kenshi player you made him come to you lol, which is totally not how Kenshi should fight this MU.
Against Reptile you tried to get in a few times, absolutely not necessary. If you're close to him, bait Reptile into doing the dash and punish it with 213.

In the corner I would advise mixing up more, start using B2,B3 as a ghetto reset.
You have no idea how many times I've been able to reset people with that.
End with B312 and use 213 after that(make 21 whiff and your choice if you wanna do the 3 in order to reset them or counter a wake-up attack by blocking after whiffing or go for B312).